Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The New York Jets will start the season 0-5.

I understand rookie QB + Rookie Coach = rough year. However, I have a different equation.

Solid D + solid O-line + solid running game = very proven formula for successful team.

I do not think we are on the Pats level, but NO and Tenn are NOT far superior teams. Houston and Miami are inferior teams.

I fall more in line with 2-3 or 3-2 to start and 9-7 to finish.

Sar I, I think you should cheer for a different team... You make solid points, but your continued "realism" is downright depressing and cannot be good for your well-being.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=MACPAC;3244372]Jets go 9 - 7 this year :yes:

The smiley is my serious face, if I was kidding I would have used this one :D[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking, that or 8-8. Thank God we don't face a Raven's defense every week! :D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

The smiley is my serious face, if I was kidding I would have used this one :D[/QUOTE]

With two wins against the Pasts* and Brady getting re-injured with that fraud of an O-line, 9-7 should get us in.:yes:

Thats my serious face.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=SAR I;3244355]Brett Favre playing at his 13-3 MVP best isn't a fair comparison to Mark Sanchez getting his diapers wet in his first few games.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Favre sucked for the most part last year, especially in the crucial stretch of the season. Minus the Arizona game, he had 16 TD's, 22 INT's.

If Sanchez finishes somewhere close to Matt Ryan's 16 TD, 11 INT rookie season, both the offense and defense will benefit a lot compared to last season. Really the INT total is more important than the TD total - Favre's boneheaded heaves to the defensive players were demoralizing.

Banned
    Realist?

A true realist would never assume that a team with this much talent, and positive energy surrounding it right now, would not find a way to win at least 1 out of 5 football games.

Has this guy ever even seen a football game?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3244429] Favre's boneheaded heaves to the defensive players were demoralizing.[/QUOTE]

But he was having fun out there. :rolleyes:

I still cant believe we wasted yet another year with this chooch.

I digress.:mad:

[QUOTE=32green;3244426]With two wins against the Pasts* and Brady getting re-injured with that fraud of an O-line, 9-7 should get us in.:yes:

Thats my serious face.[/QUOTE]

Oh look, some bait :rolleyes:

Well that's good to know. I'll start watching in week 6 then.

Jets Insider VIP
    week one will be a hard fought win on the road

week two is a stone cold lock Jet victory

split for week 3 and 4

and a big win over the sardines on MNF in week 5

4-1

PUT IT IN THE BOOKS

[QUOTE=sg3;3244504]week one will be a hard fought win on the road

week two is a stone cold lock Jet victory

split for week 3 and 4

and a big win over the sardines on MNF in week 5

4-1

PUT IT IN THE BOOKS[/QUOTE]

Wanna bet?

SAR you might as well just written the article to begin with.

After the last two off-seasons the J-E-T-S had there's NO FREAKIN' WAY they go 0-5. That's just retarded!

0-6 more like it. :D

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3244511]After the last two off-seasons the J-E-T-S had there's NO FREAKIN' WAY they go 0-5. That's just retarded!

0-6 more like it. :D[/QUOTE]

:steamin: Ahole!

Veteran
    Geez, we are the Dangerfields of the NFL

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3244511]After the last two off-seasons the J-E-T-S had there's NO FREAKIN' WAY they go 0-5. That's just retarded!

0-6 more like it. :D[/QUOTE]

GFY! D Bag

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3244304]This has been going on a lot longer then 1999. Remember when Paul Mcguire & other national media would weekly pick against the 1986 Jets. Of course the big one when the Jets were huge underdogs to win super Bowl III. It is part of the Jets mantra to be the underdog[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know.

I mentioned 1999, though, because that was the last year the national sports media predicted that the Jets would have a winning record.

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;3244522]GFY! D Bag[/QUOTE]

Perhaps for Christmas you could ask Santa for more keys for your keyboard.

Maybe get an M,W and and L this year.

Then next year you could ask for a V,R and maybe a Q.

It will help a great deal when you want to express whats on your mind.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=MACPAC;3244527]Perhaps for Christmas you could ask Santa for more keys for your keyboard.

Maybe get an M,W and and L this year.

Then next year you could ask for a V,R and maybe a Q.

It will help a great deal when you want to express whats on your mind.[/QUOTE]

GFY works fine for guys like you!

OK, I'll bite . . .

that's our record after doing WHAT against the Pats?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Dr. Zaius;3244436]Realist?

A true realist would never assume that a team with this much talent, and positive energy surrounding it right now, would not find a way to win at least 1 out of 5 football games.

Has this guy ever even seen a football game?[/QUOTE]

Good point.

Plus, people are highly overrating the Jets opponents the first 5 games. There are only 2 "tough" games and they're both at home. I use the word tough to mean that it will be real difficult to win.

The other 3 are clearly winnable. Miami was a mirage last year and the pundits are highly overrating the Saints.

Sean Payton has not done a good job since 2006, his rookie coaching year. He followed that up with 7-9 & 8-8 seasons. Last year they were 1st in offensive yards & points, but 23 & 26 on defense in yards & points.

If you really look at it, the Jets only face 2 good defenses their first 5 games, and one of those defenses just traded away one of their best defenders and the other lost it's best defender to FA.