Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I friggin' HATE....

All League

I friggin' HATE....

Fantasy Effin Football.

I have to say, as much as I absolutely love The Jets & NFL Football, I have become to HATE Fantasy Football. I don't feel like writing ALL the reasons why I do, but the #1 reason:

I CAN NEVER, EVER ROOT FOR ANYONE WEARING ANOTHER UNIFORM THAN A JETS UNIFORM!!!!

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Fantasy Effin Football.

I have to say, as much as I absolutely love The Jets & NFL Football, I have become to HATE Fantasy Football. I don't feel like writing ALL the reasons why I do, but the #1 reason:

I CAN NEVER, EVER ROOT FOR ANYONE WEARING ANOTHER UNIFORM THAN A JETS UNIFORM!!!!
    You're looking at fantasy football with a reality football mind. Apples and Watermelons.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    You're looking at fantasy football with a reality football mind. Apples and Watermelons.
    I think what he means is sometimes you have an RB who's tearing us a new one (yes, it happens ), and part of you is happy cuz he's on your FF team.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Fantasy Effin Football.

It gets played out fast. I won't join any leagues anymore.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    I think what he means is sometimes you have an RB who's tearing us a new one (yes, it happens ), and part of you is happy cuz he's on your FF team.
    i dont start my players against the jets. never have, never will.

that's why i just created a team with only new york jets players. stupid, i know. but who cares, it's a free league and it'll be fun to see how it goes this season.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    You ever watch games, like on Dtv NFL Ticket, with a Fantasy FB guy? The flipping of channels is the most retarded thing bro... so I have a hard time seperating the deal....

Schluberator & Gadfly
    You ever watch games, like on Dtv NFL Ticket, with a Fantasy FB guy? The flipping of channels is the most retarded thing bro... so I have a hard time seperating the deal....
    No I haven't, and hope I never do. That sounds pretty bad.

That is why I take as many Jets as possible, and NEVER draft any dolfgs, patsies, or bills.

Plus, it makes the other three games that are on TV more interesting when you hope a certain player does well to help your fantasy team win.

Quote Originally Posted by msujetfan 89 View Post
    That is why I take as many Jets as possible, and NEVER draft any dolfgs, patsies, or bills.

Plus, it makes the other three games that are on TV more interesting when you hope a certain player does well to help your fantasy team win.
    I love FF.. Of course I only root for the Jets. But sometimes its fun to follow some other teams esp. some players in particular and root for them. I used to have Brian Westbrook alot of years now.. And its just fun watching the Eagles and then see him perform well..

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by msujetfan 89 View Post

i would like to hear from a guy on this board that roots for Tom Brady this year... i know someone's out there.

I'm a football fan first, Jets fan second. I love the game of football, and fantasy football only adds to that and gives me a bigger reason to watch other games.

i would like to hear from a guy on this board that roots for Tom Brady this year... i know someone's out there.
    Well there are certain players that I would never add to my FF team. Brady is one of them.. I had him on one of my teams where it was a auto-draft. So the first thing I did was trading him. I got Peyton Manning... Which will be fun now to root for a guy like Manning..

Veteran
    Amen, although I can say that I use Fantasy geeks to help me with my handicapping since I love to bet.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by HBJETFANBOB View Post
    Amen, although I can say that I use Fantasy geeks to help me with my handicapping since I love to bet.
    Actually, they're the worst ones 'cause everything they see is statistics-driven.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

in addition to not playing my guys against the Jets, I never pick Pats.

although in someone's defense, why would you care if Brady throws 4Tds and for 300 yards as long as the Pats lose 31-28?

afterall, you're rooting strictly for stats, not for W-Ls.. I understand that a lot of time those two things are correlated, but often they are not.

Let face it:
    It is what it is!
    I've got Andre Johnson on my fantasy team, do I want him to have a great game against the Jets, of course not.
    But he's gonna do what he's gonna do. nothing I say from home to the TV is gonna change that.
    So, if Revis shuts him down I'm happy. It's not like I have thousands of dollars riding on this FF *hit. It's just for fun & makes the otherr games more interesting because I could give two craps who wins or loses for other teams unless it directly impacts the Jets.
    Miami
    Pats
    Buffalo
    Any AFC team playing an NFC team
    I want them all to lose
    Fantasy football doesn't change that for me.

I can put Jets on my team because....

Its only a friggin' game you dooshnozzles.

All Pro
    i have brady on my team this year. i told my whole league, right before i took that pick, "i hate myself for this," but i had to do it. he gives me the best chance to win. do i want him to play well against the jets? no. but it is what it is. and i can feel great rooting for the jets all year, and having brady on my team doesn't change that.

and yes, it is very fun to have the likes of chris johnson or steve slaton or anquan boldin on your teams. it's VERY fun to follow these guys. just because they are not jets players doesn't mean they aren't good or fun to watch.

All Pro
    and for those of you that are saying all they take is jets players... you're crazy. i find it worse to follow my team that way. lets say they are driving down the field and they get to the 3 yard line. you have thomas jones, so you're smelling blood. you see a TD coming for both your team and your FF team. but you know what, jones is pretty tired, so they spell him, bring in shonn greene, and he gets the TD. now you're conflicted. you're super excited because the jets just scored, but at the same time, you just lost a potential TD on your FF team. lets say this is a monday night game and it's approaching the end and all you need to take the lead is a TD. so you probably just lost the week in FF, but your jets just scored. screw that. go with players on teams your not tied to.