Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fricken Racoons

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3248302]Probably a have a heart will work BUT here's the kicker. Supposedly, you have to take them 50 miles away to dump'em b/c they have an uncanny sense of direction and will find their way back.[/QUOTE]

Win! Gets you away from the wife and kids for 2 hours at least...

Enough joking around, here's some info, hope it helps:

[url]http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/fiction/fraternities/raccoons.html[/url]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=FF2®;3248575]Enough joking around, here's some info, hope it helps:

[url]http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/fiction/fraternities/raccoons.html[/url][/QUOTE]

I'm making a mental note of your continual passive-aggressive unhelpfullness towards my quarterly pest control threads.

Thought I saw the word "Greenpernt" in there, though, that was funny.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;3248584]I'm making a mental note of your continual passive-aggressive unhelpfullness towards my quarterly pest control threads.

Thought I saw the word "Greenpernt" in there, though, that was funny.[/QUOTE]

As a native "Greenpernter", my advice to you is....

MOTHBALLS.

Raccoons are hyper active in the fall looking for food to get fat for winter. Outside of fall they are usually invisible. Once the season passes you won't see the little guys again until next fall. So just wait it out and next time don't plant sod in the fall.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=FF2®;3248575]Enough joking around, here's some info, hope it helps:

[url]http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/fiction/fraternities/raccoons.html[/url][/QUOTE]

What you posted ,FF2< is just plain Tommfoolery;)

Yeah I said it

[QUOTE=Ryan Boru;3248693]Raccoons are hyper active in the fall looking for food to get fat for winter. Outside of fall they are usually invisible. Once the season passes you won't see the little guys again until next fall. So just wait it out and next time don't plant sod in the fall.[/QUOTE]

This guy has dealt with raccoons. :yes:

Only 2 ways to get rid of them 32.

Poision them, I don't like this. Their family most likely lived on your block before you did.

Trap them, you can rent a trap. Current raccoon traps are not very good but if you cut 4 pieces of thin wood (bottom, both sides, back end) and put them in the trap so it becomes like a box. This works very well as the guy across the street has caught 11 since May. Good luck.

One of these guys

[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_9_NHey0ghkA/SWeRsjtDjYI/AAAAAAAACpY/Z3LNA5zO75I/s400/baby-raccoon-1.jpg[/IMG]

Will turn into these guys

[IMG]http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlLA/original/raccoon.jpg[/IMG]

not the most attractive option but you could try putting out a small bowl of milk and anti-freeze... dont know why but animals love it..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Phoenixx;3248684]As a native "Greenpernter", my advice to you is....

MOTHBALLS.[/QUOTE]

Lol, I at first I thought that said matzo balls and I'm like "how am i going to get them to eat soup?"

[QUOTE=Ryan Boru;3248693]Raccoons are hyper active in the fall looking for food to get fat for winter. Outside of fall they are usually invisible. Once the season passes you won't see the little guys again until next fall. So just wait it out and next time don't plant sod in the fall.[/QUOTE]

I planted the sod in the early summer. It takes a while for it to root in the soil I guess.

[QUOTE=MACPAC;3248710]This guy has dealt with raccoons. :yes:

Only 2 ways to get rid of them 32.

Poision them, I don't like this. Their family most likely lived on your block before you did.

Trap them, you can rent a trap. Current raccoon traps are not very good but if you cut 4 pieces of thin wood (bottom, both sides, back end) and put them in the trap so it becomes like a box. This works very well as the guy across the street has caught 11 since May. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. Left a plain trap out last night (no wood) and the trap was moved, the bait was gone and it wasnt triggered. Little pricks prolly reached through the mesh without entering the trap. little pricks. damn little pricks

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3248714]One of these guys

[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_9_NHey0ghkA/SWeRsjtDjYI/AAAAAAAACpY/Z3LNA5zO75I/s400/baby-raccoon-1.jpg[/IMG]

Will turn into these guys

[IMG]http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlLA/original/raccoon.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

In that scenario, I'm the dog.:steamin:

[QUOTE=Chrebetfan80;3248729]not the most attractive option but you could try putting out a small bowl of milk and anti-freeze... dont know why but animals love it..[/QUOTE]

Dont want to harm any other creatures that may happen by. Lots of cats, squirrels etc. around.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Fishooked;3248516]Win! Gets you away from the wife and kids for 2 hours at least...[/QUOTE]

I have Dental visits if thats all I want.

[QUOTE=32green;3248925]

Dont want to harm any other creatures that may happen by. Lots of cats, squirrels etc. around.[/QUOTE]

Yea, the neighbors might not like Boneyard Bob...

[IMG]http://hapworkingtheworld.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/grave-yard.jpg[/IMG]

No joke here, honest. If you are looking for a humane was to solve the problem, buy coyote urine and put it around the perimeter of the yard. I guarantee it will keep them away.

[url]http://www.predatorpee.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LE&Product_Code=ACOYB1&Category_Code=CU[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=EtsFan;3248495]Dude.....Be a MAN! Drink a mess of beer and then piss all over your backyard marking YOUR territory. That should work. :rockon:[/QUOTE]

Actually, you can get predator urine at your local nursery: mountain lion, lynx, etc. Coons are not really too afraid of people or their urine.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    [QUOTE=quantum;3252044]Actually, you can get predator urine at your local nursery: mountain lion, lynx, etc. Coons are not really too afraid of people or their urine.[/QUOTE]

Okay, gotta ask, don't mean to hijack, but how in the f*ck do they get Mountain Lion piss??? Have some summer time minimum wage college student follow one around with a beechnut can????

Hall Of Fame
    We have some red fox piss that we are going to sprinkle under our roof because we have red squirrels getting in. This morning we woke up to a crash on our roof and I'd guess an owl got a red squirrel. If the owls kill the adult red squirrels
    and their babies are left in the roof we're going to have an aroma problem.

I also saw a bobcat in the yard last week so maybe he'll help.

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3252875]We have some red fox piss that we are going to sprinkle under our roof because we have red squirrels getting in. This morning we woke up to a crash on our roof and I'd guess an owl got a red squirrel. If the owls kill the adult red squirrels

I also saw a bobcat in the yard last week so maybe he'll help.[/QUOTE]

It's an adventure up there.

[QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3252798]Okay, gotta ask, don't mean to hijack, but how in the f*ck do they get Mountain Lion piss??? Have some summer time minimum wage college student follow one around with a beechnut can????[/QUOTE]

I could probably round up a few guys who would die for that job nowadays...

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    [QUOTE=SUJets1988;3252913]I could probably round up a few guys who would die for that job nowadays...[/QUOTE]

literally. :D

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3252875]We have some red fox piss that we are going to sprinkle under our roof because we have red squirrels getting in. This morning we woke up to a crash on our roof and I'd guess an owl got a red squirrel. If the owls kill the adult red squirrels

I also saw a bobcat in the yard last week so maybe he'll help.[/QUOTE]

I have a lizard in my garage.

(that sounds funny!) :D