Thread: Adebayor The Idiot

Jets Insider VIP

Adebayor The Idiot

Scores a goal against his ex-team, races to the other end of the field to celebrate in front of Arsenal fans.

He got a yellow card, and will most likely be sanctioned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl41LjL_k8U

I thought that was pretty funny. It was definitely classless but still funny.

Practice Squad
    He is a clown! There is talk of him getting a three match ban. I don't think I have ever seen a player taunting the fans of a team he has previously played for, in that manner.

Veteran
    It was classic jilted ex-syndrome, grow a pair and move on Emmannuelle

Should get done for the stamp(s) - as for charging down the end of the field and celebrating - I have no issue with it, especially considering some of the chants the Arse faithful were dishing out in his direction and apparently, throwing bananas.

If you dish it out, you have to be able to take it. Running and diving in front of a set of fans is not a bannable offense if you ask me. What a pack of sooks the Arse fans are. Good on him for showing them up for being like that.

The only shame is that no Arsenal fan hurt himself seriously when they charged down the stadium steps in his direction.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Death View Post
    throwing bananas.
    If that's true, I take it back.

Veteran
    Should get done for the stamp(s) - as for charging down the end of the field and celebrating - I have no issue with it, especially considering some of the chants the Arse faithful were dishing out in his direction and apparently, throwing bananas.

If you dish it out, you have to be able to take it. Running and diving in front of a set of fans is not a bannable offense if you ask me. What a pack of sooks the Arse fans are. Good on him for showing them up for being like that.

The only shame is that no Arsenal fan hurt himself seriously when they charged down the stadium steps in his direction.
    I didn't read anything about racial abuse. If that's true than it was Arsenal fans that were acting like jilted lovers and they should grow a pair and move on. It seemed like foreveer they've been trying to sell this guy off now that he's gone you abuse him. That's just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    If that's true, I take it back.
    Mind you, the Adebayor doesn't have the best history with the Arse fans. He's a mercenary of the highest order.

June 2008: "Yes, I'm under contract to Arsenal – but it's up to the directors to satisfy my demands. Barcelona have made me a good financial offer. Either Arsenal give me what I want and I stay or they don't and I leave."
    August 2008 (signs new deal): "I've always said it: I love this club and I love the fans. I never said I wanted to leave. Today, as you can see, I have a big smile on my face."
    October 2008: "Money is killing football: people are making their decisions based on money. If I made my decisions because of money, I would not be at Arsenal. I'm at Arsenal for love."
    March 2009: "I will stay at Arsenal ... but Milan and Barcelona are interested in me."
    15 April: "I have never said I would leave Arsenal. I am very happy: we are together."
    5 May: "I often speak to Adriano Galliani on the phone. Milan have won the Champions League on seven occasions – Arsenal have never won it. We will see. My agent is in London with his Italian associate and they are working day and night."
    6 May: "Next season, 100%, I am an Arsenal footballer!"
    13 May: "It is not true, it is about money. You are talking about in life and it is about money. When we are young, of course we played because we loved the game, we play because we were passionate about the game. But now as soon as you reach a stage where you are professional and playing Champions League, after all those things we are talking about money. If it is not because of money, what am I going to be playing for Arsenal for?”
    12 September 2009: “Arsenal have a lot of fans who are not fans. What is good is that the City fans truly love you. If you boo your player every weekend, I am very sorry, you are not true fans.”

Then, there's this from the game:

and this:

There's obviously history between Adebayor and the Arse fans - when he first got there he couldn't hit a barn door from two yards out with his shots on goal. He copped a lot of stick. He hasn't the helped the situation with some of his comments when he become hot property a few seasons later.

Apparently some of the chants at the game from the Arse fans referred to his family, and in particular his father. Fair enough, he's a pro sportsman and should be able to put up with it, but the banana thing is going OTT.

He should get a big ban for the stamps, but not the celebration if you ask me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Mind you, the Adebayor doesn't have the best history with the Arse fans. He's a mercenary of the highest order.

June 2008: "Yes, I'm under contract to Arsenal – but it's up to the directors to satisfy my demands. Barcelona have made me a good financial offer. Either Arsenal give me what I want and I stay or they don't and I leave."
    August 2008 (signs new deal): "I've always said it: I love this club and I love the fans. I never said I wanted to leave. Today, as you can see, I have a big smile on my face."
    October 2008: "Money is killing football: people are making their decisions based on money. If I made my decisions because of money, I would not be at Arsenal. I'm at Arsenal for love."
    March 2009: "I will stay at Arsenal ... but Milan and Barcelona are interested in me."
    15 April: "I have never said I would leave Arsenal. I am very happy: we are together."
    5 May: "I often speak to Adriano Galliani on the phone. Milan have won the Champions League on seven occasions – Arsenal have never won it. We will see. My agent is in London with his Italian associate and they are working day and night."
    6 May: "Next season, 100%, I am an Arsenal footballer!"
    13 May: "It is not true, it is about money. You are talking about in life and it is about money. When we are young, of course we played because we loved the game, we play because we were passionate about the game. But now as soon as you reach a stage where you are professional and playing Champions League, after all those things we are talking about money. If it is not because of money, what am I going to be playing for Arsenal for?”
    12 September 2009: “Arsenal have a lot of fans who are not fans. What is good is that the City fans truly love you. If you boo your player every weekend, I am very sorry, you are not true fans.”
    Bah, he wouldn't be the first to flip flop every other day.

Then, there's this from the game:

and this:

WTF !