Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fin fans turning on Chad

Surprise Surprise...it's not like every Jet fan didn't say this would happen...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=ienjoythenyjets;3254150]I really wouldnt mind having him back as a backup next year..[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk-J4aHH9Sk[/url]

All League
    Seriously, has there been any other QB who has polarized two fan bases for the exact same reasons? Half love his intangibles and the other half hate his arm.

Veteran
    Sparano was quoted as saying we dont want to be a dink and dunk team...

Bewildered Beast
    Is there a Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts Merit Badge for Chad-Love? Why do people go to bat for him?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bcess;3254196]Sparano was quoted as saying we dont want to be a dink and dunk team...[/QUOTE]

I though the Soprano's were cancelled?

They gonna have Chad WACKED?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=ienjoythenyjets;3254158]Hahaha dont get me wrong I was happy to have Favre over him and Im happy to have Sanchez over him but be realistic, you can do worse with a backup qb..[/QUOTE]

Yeah...YOU could be the back up.

I would rather have him over Clemens right now..Ainge? No, that's another story, he performed well in the preseason and got noticed, but overall Chad as a backup is very qualified IMO..That's not to say he doesnt have his faults, he obviously does and he's shown that, but you can do a lot worse with a backup than Chad. Not to mention I think he would be a good influence on Sanchez from the standpoint of preparing for a game and being a selfless pro. I could see him in coaching at some level one day, he knows the game and is a team first player, what more can you ask for a backup or even a third stringer if Ainge keeps improving.

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;3254210]Yeah...YOU could be the back up.[/QUOTE]

Hey, hey I went 23-27 in the first half in Madden the other day oohkay? :D

[QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;3254094]I don't post here in almost a year and what's the first thread topic I see?

A freakin thread about Chad? Are you serious?[/QUOTE]

There are still many JI members (especially SAR I) obsessed with Chad Pennington, which is understandable since Chad is the 2nd greatest QB in Jets history. They are the same posters who predicted he would never play again after unceremoniously being dumped by the Jets franchise to bring in the diva...Chad not only played, he led his team to a division title and finished co-runner-up for league MVP.

As the undisputed leader of the Miami Dolphins, Pennington is still a Top 15 QB in the NFL and will have another solid year. :yes:

Banned
    I called Sissy-Arm being benched by Columbus Day. Looks like I may have overestimated him. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

[QUOTE=sourceworx;3254358]I called Sissy-Arm being benched by Columbus Day. Looks like I may have overestimated him. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:[/QUOTE]

Oh yea, on the "especially obsessed Chadwick posters" I forgot to mention sourceworx ;)!

Banned
    [QUOTE=gcherd;3254361]Oh yea, on the obsessed Chadwick posters I forgot to mention sourceworx ;)![/QUOTE]

Look in the mirror. You only appear on this site when someone talks about football's Jerry's Kid.

Your fellow Marshall turd will be towel-waving on the sidelines pretty soon, so enjoy his high-completions/low-yardage/ no-points performances while you still can.

[QUOTE=sourceworx;3254366]Look in the mirror. You only appear on this site when someone talks about football's Jerry's Kid.

Your fellow Marshall turd will be towel-waving on the sidelines pretty soon, so enjoy his high-completions/low-yardage/ no-points performances while you still can.[/QUOTE]
    For the record, I think Mark Sanchez is a stud QB that will win Super Bowls for your Jets..it is true that even if Pennington plays well there will be pressure to play Henne if the Dolphins maintain a losing record, and I am sure team management will look to see what they have in their 2nd round picks Chad Henne & Pat White.

[QUOTE=Chupa;3253944]Just some thread tittles from the front page of Fin heaven, wuahaha

"quarterback play, a growing concern"

"face it, we MISSED by not taking Ryan"

"Pennington = Bledsoe, Henne = Romo"

"Has Chad been figured out?"

"My concern with Chad Pennington"

"Start Chad Henne"

"The real problem with CHAD PENNINGTON"

"Penningtons Fault, Not the o line"

"Chad Penningtons arm strength"

"Face it penny is so easy to defend its not funny"

[url]http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f2/[/url][/QUOTE]

Now go to the board history of Finheaven to Week 1 of the 2008 NFL season. They were saying the same same things and then Chad shut them up as well as us by winning the division title on our field no less sending us into the offseason. Its 1 week. Everyone goes nuts and has knee jerk reactions after 1 week.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=ienjoythenyjets;3254222]Hey, hey I went 23-27 in the first half in Madden the other day oohkay? :D[/QUOTE]

You and gherd can have a 2 man circle jerk, if your lucky Leftwich and CHAD can join in when they get released.:D

Banned
    [QUOTE=gcherd;3254398]For the record, I think Mark Sanchez is a stud QB that will win Super Bowls for your Jets..it is true that even if Pennington plays well there will be pressure to play Henne if the Dolphins maintain a losing record, and I am sure team management will look to see what they have in their 2nd round picks Chad Henne & Pat White.[/QUOTE]

If the Dolphins have a losing record, it will be mainly due to Chad being ineffective (something he's very good at :D ).

[QUOTE=sourceworx;3254534]If the Dolphins have a losing record, it will be mainly due to Chad being ineffective (something he's very good at :D ).[/QUOTE]
    It will be the Wildcat's fault; because last year they only won due to the Wildcat and not Chad, remember?! :rolleyes:

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[B]gcherd There are still many JI members (especially SAR I) obsessed with Chad Pennington, which is understandable [/B]

Yes, because he was the worst mistake in franchise history. Never has a Jets QB been handed a more talented team, never has a Jets QB done nothing with it.

[B]since Chad is the 2nd greatest QB in Jets history.[/B]

Like [I]that's [/I]saying something. LOL. "Pete Best was the 5th best Beatle in Beatle history."

[B]They are the same posters who predicted he would never play again after unceremoniously being dumped by the Jets franchise to bring in the diva...[/B]

Did Chad play last year? I don't recall. Wait a minute.....the Dolphins did have a GREAT quarterback last year....what's his name.....what's his name....

[B]Chad not only played, he led his team to a division title and finished co-runner-up for league MVP. [/B]

Ronnie Brown! That's it! I knew I'd remember it eventually. That guy is Superman. Deserves every accolade thrown his way.

[B]As the undisputed leader of the Miami Dolphins, Pennington is still a Top 15 QB in the NFL[/B]

HA HA HA HA! You are the funniest poster ever! HE HE HE HE!

[B]and will have another solid year.[/B]

Week 2 home opener is the historic every-other-year Chad Pennington Team-Ending Injury Game®. Enjoy!

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;3254534]If the Dolphins have a losing record, it will be mainly due to Chad being ineffective (something he's very good at :D ).[/QUOTE]

well stated. The funny thing is that he always gets credit for being so accurate. Yet I seem to always remember him throwing INTS for 6 points for the other teasm. If Clemens did that the same guys would be all over him. Time they got real. no more wounded ducks for Jets football. No spiral; no play!