Thread: The Bills Game & the Ryan Effect!!!!

Jets Insider VIP

The Bills Game & the Ryan Effect!!!!

First a truly remarkable performance by the Pats!!!!!! HOWEVER!!!!!!

All I can say is that I truly believe that Rex Ryan has caused what you are seeing the Bills doing today by saying that the teams in the NFL should be sayng we are not here to kiss their rings!!!!

Great Gane by the Bills....The Bills have come out with that type of mentality and are doing what they can but they are pretenders, they donít have a team that can sustain this level of excellence but I believe that the Jets can get the job done!!! Ryan has been truly REVOLUTIONARY!!!Letís Go Jets!!!:eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    The Jets are going to absolutely destroy the overrated cheating douchebag chowds on Sunday

Their defense is putrid

and OUR defense will not be found in some stupid PREVENT defense to allow them to get anywhere close to making it a game

I still think its going to be a tough game, Bill will not have his team repeat this evenings performance

That being said, I think this new Jets team smells blood in the water and will be starving to eat this team apart.

Rattle Brady early, and pound this out-of shape defense... things will look good

One thing is for sure, I think we have the more atheletic team and possibly smarter. We'll know for sure come Sunday.

Im ready for a fight :rocky:

I think the Jets play faster than the Pats. Pats looked slow. I say attack that "A" gap and flush Brady out of the pocket into the hands of Ellis. :D

All League
    CB - good post.

But before we go and annoint ourselves anything, I distinctively remember last year we had an opportunity to put the Pats away and were embarrassed.

Learn from our mistakes, and go for the throat.

The media acts like they swept us last season, last year's winnig team has improved dramatically. I know Marcia Brady is back but I know that no one is backing down..this is a our house and Ryan called out the fans. I know everyone there on Sunday will be going absolutely nuts.

Just picture Welker going over the middle to meet Mr. Harris. :yes:

[QUOTE=BXJETSBULLY;3254940]I think the Jets play faster than the Pats. Pats looked slow. I say attack that "A" gap and flush Brady out of the pocket into the hands of Ellis. :D[/QUOTE]

:yes: Come on Kris BLOW UP the pocket! :D

[QUOTE=pcola;3255091]CB - good post.

But before we go and annoint ourselves anything, I distinctively remember last year we had an opportunity to put the Pats away and were embarrassed.

Learn from our mistakes, and go for the throat.[/QUOTE]

Excellent Post!:yes:

They're also going to be on less rest and have to travel.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Let's hope for the best, but we haven't won at home against the Patriots since 2000 (OK, even though I realize the cheating helped their cause to some degree in most of those games).

We've won three times at Foxboro since 2002 (and the 2002 Sunday night win in December, on the road to our last division title, was the greatest road game experience I've ever enjoyed as a Jets fan.) Still, until we win a game at home against us, they own us.

That said, we can do this. I'm sure we could generate more of a pass rush against them than the Bills did. They also struggled against the screen passes, which is something we do quite well. Certainly, the Patriots will be favored in this game, and deservedly so. It's not like we can't win, though. It just worries me a little that they shut T.O. and Lee Evans. We'll attack them with Jerricho Cotchery and Chansi Stuckey, which, to be fair, is not even close to being as dangerous a tandem. And the Patriots will probably be more "up" for a game against us than they were against the Bills, who they've now beaten 12 times in a row.

We're very well coached right now, and hopefully Rex and Co. can come up with a game plan that will be as successful as the great game plan they formulated for the win over the Texans.

Even if we don't, it's a long season, and I think our best football is yet to come. The next three games are very difficult, so even if we go 2-2 through our first four, I'll still be thinking the playoffs will be within reach.

Most of the country thought Houston would beat us, and we kicked butt. We were well prepared, and that's why we won. Rex is a rookie coach, but I think he knows his stuff. Mark Sanchez is a rookie quarterback, but I think he's really going to be the goods.

I want to win Sunday as much as I've ever wanted to win a regular-season game. I'm just saying that, even if it doesn't happen, this is still a pretty exciting time to be a Jets fan.

The only way to beat NE is to put them away. None of this one score lead with minutes remaining crap. Keep a healthy lead.

I hope Rex watched the Bills choke tonight and was reliving the Raven's very similar collapse that would've spoiled NE's perfect* season. Wasn't that also a MNF game?

If they make a hall of fame for idiots and losers, I will be on the selection committee. And Dick Jauron will be a first ballot inductee.

All Pro
    Pig, slaughter, you know the rest. ;)

I don't know if the Jets can beat the Patriots.

Sanchez played well on Sunday, but I went back and watched the game again and he did make two or three bonehead throws that easily could have gone the other way. I could see him having a typical rookie QB game against the Patriots, with a lot of sacks and several INTs.

Win or lose, however, I want the Patriots offensive unit to leave the Meadowlands feeling like they just got hit by a Mack truck. Brady and Welker may pick apart our blitz packages, but smack them in the mouth every time. Take late hits, unsportsmanlike conduct calls, get thrown out of the game. Win or lose I want the Patriots limping back to Foxboro.

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3255322]I don't know if the Jets can beat the Patriots.

Sanchez played well on Sunday, but I went back and watched the game again and he did make two or three bonehead throws that easily could have gone the other way. I could see him having a typical rookie QB game against the Patriots, with [B]a lot of sacks [/B]and several INTs.

Win or lose, however, I want the Patriots offensive unit to leave the Meadowlands feeling like they just got hit by a Mack truck. Brady and Welker may pick apart our blitz packages, but smack them in the mouth every time. Take late hits, unsportsmanlike conduct calls, get thrown out of the game. Win or lose I want the Patriots limping back to Foxboro.[/QUOTE]

He may throw INTs (ALL QBs do), but I don't see the "lot of sacks" part.

The strength of the OL has nothing to do with his rookie status -- part of the reason why he DIDN'T look like a rookie is b/c of the protection they gave him.

Having said that, he actually AVIODED some sacks last week with his great footwork/field vision. I don't think those were flukes. He has a good head on his shoulders, and while he will assuredly have "rookie moments", I don't see him imploding any time this season, including next week.

All League
    A year ago it was the same thing for week 2 - "no brady, we will kick their asses!!". We all remember how that went.

Sanchez played well on Sunday, but I went back and watched the game again and he did make two or three bonehead throws that easily could have gone the other way. I could see him having a typical rookie QB game against the Patriots, with a lot of sacks and several INTs.

Win or lose, however, I want the Patriots offensive unit to leave the Meadowlands feeling like they just got hit by a Mack truck. Brady and Welker may pick apart our blitz packages, but smack them in the mouth every time. Take late hits, unsportsmanlike conduct calls, get thrown out of the game. Win or lose I want the Patriots limping back to Foxboro.[/QUOTE]

Well put. If you go back and watch the game we caught a couple of breaks (missed int and fumble bounce bk to TJ) that could of made it a whole different ball game. That being said, thats football and we certainly have caught our share of unlucky breaks in the past. Cant wait till Sunday...lets see if we can finally beat these bleeps at home.

Veteran
    Are the Bills good, or is NE "not all that". I couldn't believe the time Edwards had most of the game swith 3 OL starting their first game. Brady looked shakey when harassed. NE had a hard time running the ball. The Bills O looked pretty good, and their D looked good as well until the prevent D prevented them from winning. I'm just not sure whether to be more comfortable with the Patsy's or more worried about the Bill's making noise. :confused:

Sanchez played well on Sunday, but I went back and watched the game again and he did make two or three bonehead throws that easily could have gone the other way. I could see him having a typical rookie QB game against the Patriots, with a lot of sacks and several INTs.[/QUOTE]

I can see that too, unfortunately. Sanchez vs Brady. It's too obvious a gameplan for NE to pressure Sanchez and force rookie mistakes.

Constant pressure on Brady is a must. I can also see another typical Jet scenario where our D keeps us in the game the entire first half, but runs out of gas in the second cuz they're on the field too much.