This is the same position Mangini was in 2006. We won the opener in Tennessee, and then came home to play the Patriots. Chad heroically came up short, with Coles, Cotchery and company, and we went on to be 10-6 that year.
This year we're more real, but with a rookie QB. He's going to make mistakes against the Pats. Here's how we do it:
1. Do you think the Pats can run against us? Only on the corners.
2. Put Revis on Welker and double Moss. Faulk, Watson and the rest will have to step up.
3. Do what we did to Schaub to Brady. After watching last night's game, Brady still isn't 100%, although he's still better than most at 90%. Blitz the crap out of him and make him rush his throws. This will be good for at least 1 INT.
4. Run the ball, and don't give up on it. Let them stack the box, we'll protect Sanchez, he can pick them apart with Stuckey, Cotch, Keller and Washington. You're going to see a dose of Shonn Greene in this game.
5. ADAPT to everything. BB is going to try to stay one step ahead of us, this is what killed us every year. Rex can do this, he HAS done this. He was 5 steps ahead of the Texans.
I believe we can do this. It's going to be a hell of a game. Our guys are already fired up, and the Pats are licking their wounds and not firing right.
Let's kick Brady in the teeth and earn a W in a big way.
J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS