Thread: What are the chances of a NO HUDDLE this Sunday?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

What are the chances of a NO HUDDLE this Sunday?

Hi all

The no huddle was pretty effective against the Pats last night.
    I'm not sure, however, that this was a Pats-specific strategy by the Bills since they recently fired their OC.

For our part:
    [list][*]Shotty has run no huddle in the past.[*]Requires experience from the QB.[*]Sanchez plays like an experienced QB.[/list]

My best bet is that we don't do this.
    I think our running game against the Pats can grind away the clock all game.

However, I'm curious what others think and expect.

GG

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I mentioned in another thread about the possibility of the jets using the no huddle against the pats. What impressed me about the no huddle offense that the bills used was its ability to take wilfork out of the game. The guy is huge and by the bills keeping him in there he was struggling to penetrate at times. Id defiantly like to see schotty use the no huddle, more so with washington in the backfield. I feel it could tire an aging pats D quickly, leaving lanes for jones and washington all day :yes::yes::yes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you'll see the no huddle offense employed by the several times on Sunday.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seeing the thread title I automatically thought you were talking about the Pats running it against us, to wear Jenkins down.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RaoulDuke;3255326]Seeing the thread title I automatically thought you were talking about the Pats running it against us, to wear Jenkins down.[/QUOTE]

No chance..we'll just stand up Jenks as an LB! :D:D
    (well sometimes at least)...

GG

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GreenGeek;3255305]Hi all

The no huddle was pretty effective against the Pats last night.
    I'm not sure, however, that this was a Pats-specific strategy by the Bills since they recently fired their OC.

For our part:
    [list][*]Shotty has run no huddle in the past.[*]Requires experience from the QB.[*][B]Sanchez plays like an experienced QB[/B].[/list]

My best bet is that we don't do this.
    I think our running game against the Pats can grind away the clock all game.

However, I'm curious what others think and expect.

GG[/QUOTE]

The Bills have been running the no huddle offense all pre-season, I believe, so I don't think it was a specific game plan for the pats.

Also, although sanchez has looked good (for 1 game), i doubt they want to give him even more to do right now, especially against a bellichicken run defense that will already be confusing enough for him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope..we need to play our game, we will be just fine..The Bills have no other choice with that O-Line.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Bills offense made the Pats D look old and slow last night. We'd be dumb to not at least try the no-huddle a couple series.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets used so many packages that were extremely effective this past week:

E. Smith at Lber on 3rd downs...
    Westerman coming in as a pass rusher...
    Resting Jenkins at times...

The Pats took notice and will likely try to counter by going 5 wide and run the no huddle themselves.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Bills used the no-huddle because their offense sucks. It's a gimmick, just like the Wildcat for the Fins.

The Jets Offense can beat the Pats' weak D straight up without having to rely on the no huddge. The Jets blocking scheme should be able to wear down the Pats D.