Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Throwback Uniforms

Practice Squad

No Throwback Uniforms

I hope we are not going to be wearing the throwback uniforms during our home opener. I hate those things!

We are trying to set a new culture and move forward so I hope they stop wearing these uniforms from the past. We are the J-E-T-S and we are Green and White so lets stick with that.

Charter JI Member
    I think they designed a new one this year (white jerseys) I'd expect to see them a couple of times, not sure if home or on the road, but it may be a good idea to go white jerseys in the early season heat.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by FREEJET View Post
    I hope we are not going to be wearing the throwback uniforms during our home opener. I hate those things!

We are trying to set a new culture and move forward so I hope they stop wearing these uniforms from the past. We are the J-E-T-S and we are Green and White so lets stick with that.
    I think the throwbacks are waiting til the titans (oilers) game. We're a part of the old AFL, and we'll be wearing the throwbacks like all the others. Honestly I don't see the problem in wearing them...although I agree that the white ones should be better than the old dark colored things. Although Mark may be a bit upset that they look like the UCLA Road jerseys

Last edited by NYJ0815; 09-15-2009 at 09:51 AM.

All League
    They're wearing them against Tennessee and the white ones at Oakland. I think they're wearing them for 1 more game as well, maybe against Miami.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    I posted this yesterday:

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    BTW, the games tonight are "legacy games" where they will wear their 1960 style uniforms. Here's the legacy schedule:

2009 AFL Legacy Games television schedule (all times ET)

Date Game TV Time
    Sunday, Aug. 9 Pro Football Hall of Fame Game, Canton, Ohio
    Buffalo Bills vs. Tennessee Titans (Houston Oilers) NBC 8 p.m.
    Monday, Sept. 14 Buffalo Bills at New England Patriots (Boston Patriots) ESPN 7 p.m.
    Monday, Sept. 14 San Diego Chargers at Oakland Raiders ESPN 10:15 p.m.
    Sunday, Sept. 27 Tennessee Titans (Houston Oilers) at New York Jets (Titans of New York) CBS 1 p.m.
    Sunday, Oct. 11 Dallas Cowboys at Kansas City Chiefs (Dallas Texans) FOX 1 p.m.
    Sunday, Oct. 11 New England Patriots (Boston Patriots) at Denver Broncos CBS 4:15 p.m.
    Sunday, Oct. 18 Tennessee Titans (Houston Oilers) at New England Patriots (Boston Patriots) CBS 4:15 p.m.
    Monday, Oct. 19 Denver Broncos at San Diego Chargers ESPN 8:30 p.m.
    Sunday, Oct. 25 San Diego Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs (Dallas Texans) CBS 1 p.m.
    Sunday, Oct. 25 New York Jets (Titans of New York) at Oakland Raiders CBS 4:05 p.m.
    Sunday, Nov. 1 Miami Dolphins at New York Jets (Titans of New York) CBS 1 p.m.
    Sunday, Nov. 15 Buffalo Bills at Tennessee Titans (Houston Oilers) CBS 1 p.m.
    Sunday, Nov. 15 Kansas City Chiefs (Dallas Texans) at Oakland Raiders CBS 4:05 p.m.
    Thursday, Nov. 26 Oakland Raiders at Dallas Cowboys CBS 4:15 p.m.
    Sunday, Nov. 29 Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills CBS 1 p.m.
    Sunday, Dec. 6 New England Patriots (Boston Patriots) at Miami Dolphins NBC 8:20 p.m.

Hall Of Fame
    I hate the Jets throwbacks but the Chargers and Raiders throwbacks are pretty sweet!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by fullblast View Post
    They're wearing them against Tennessee and the white ones at Oakland. I think they're wearing them for 1 more game as well, maybe against Miami.
    So we are wearing a uniform that says Titans on it when we play against a team that is named the Titans. That's worse than when we wore them against the Eagles and I had to explain to my kid why everyone was booing the guys in green and white. The decision making is just mind boggling. Real men of genius.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    I posted this yesterday:
    Thanks Ches.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    So we are wearing a uniform that says Titans on it when we play against a team that is named the Titans. That's worse than when we wore them against the Eagles and I had to explain to my kid why everyone was booing the guys in green and white. The decision making is just mind boggling. Real men of genius.
    They will be wearing oiler jerseys so... your poor kid is in for some real confusion this time.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Polidore22 View Post
    They will be wearing oiler jerseys so... your poor kid is in for some real confusion this time.
    This just gets more and more ridiculous. Is a Tennessee Titans fan really going to purchase Houston Oilers merchandise? I think not. Why even bother.

All League
    I would have preferred it if we used the circa 1968 Jets uniforms with the light green jersey. Those would have looked good, especially against the Boston Patriots uniform; those looked good last night.

Hall Of Fame
    This just gets more and more ridiculous. Is a Tennessee Titans fan really going to purchase Houston Oilers merchandise? I think not. Why even bother.
    That would be like a Raven fan buying a throwback Flacco/Colts jersey

[Btw, I know the Colts moved the franchise].

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I think that is funny, actually. I love the quirkiness....

But I don't get why they are wearing Titans vs Miami in an "AFL Legacy Game". Miami was not created until after the Titans became the Jets.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    That would be like a Raven fan buying a throwback Flacco/Colts jersey

[Btw, I know the Colts moved the franchise].
    You mean a Flacco Browns jersey...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

All in all tho - the old AFL uniforms completely rock.

Never understood why the Pats traded in that classic look for those spastic USFL uniforms they wear now.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    You mean a Flacco Browns jersey...
    Right! Either one.

Veteran
    I assume / hope they wear their white jersey's on Sunday. Its a small competitive advantage. But can be warm / sun will reflect the white and the green will take in the warmth.

I might be reading too much into it, but hell take any inch you can get.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    All in all tho - the old AFL uniforms completely rock.

Never understood why the Pats traded in that classic look for those spastic USFL uniforms they wear now.
    Because they can't identify success with the throwbacks. The throwbacks remind them of futility. They just as soon forget about that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I hate the Jets throwbacks but the Chargers and Raiders throwbacks are pretty sweet!
    I think they all suck. Time has a way of making things look lame.

The Pats' unis last night looked like something from the kid's department at Sears.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetsNOW! View Post
    I think they all suck. Time has a way of making things look lame.

The Pats' unis last night looked like something from the kid's department at Sears.
    your comment reminds me of a Moe the Bartender line:

"Old people are no good at everything."