Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mayo updates?

Mayo updates?

I know BB is crazy secretive about injuries but does anyone have any more info on Mayo's injury? If not, I think tomorrow is the official reporting date to the league and we''ll find more out then.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [QUOTE=bleedjetgreen;3256028]I know BB is crazy secretive about injuries but does anyone have any more info on Mayo's injury? If not, I think tomorrow is the official reporting date to the league and we''ll find more out then.[/QUOTE]

According to beat writer Chris Gasper, the "initial belief" is that Jerod Mayo's right knee injury is not as serious as Tom Brady's torn ACL of a year ago.

There is no official word yet on the extent of Mayo's injury. He left Monday night's win in the first quarter and didn't return. If he's out for an extended period of time, it's a huge blow to the Patriots' defense as Mayo is one of the better young inside linebackers in the game. Gary Guyton stepped in for Mayo.
    Source: Boston Globe

[URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&line=151377"]http://http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&line=151377[/URL]

All League
    [QUOTE=bleedjetgreen;3256028]I know BB is crazy secretive about injuries but does anyone have any more info on Mayo's injury? If not, I think tomorrow is the official reporting date to the league and we''ll find more out then.[/QUOTE]

Whenever is the latest possible moment for a team to report will be the FIRST time you will hear anything from the Patriots....and THEN you will still know NOTHING. Here's a good guess. Brady - Probable - Shoulder Mayo - Questionable - lower leg :rolleyes: ;)

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;3256035]Whenever is the latest possible moment for a team to report will be the FIRST time you will hear anything from the Patriots....and THEN you will still know NOTHING. Here's a good guess. Brady - Probable - Shoulder Mayo - Questionable - lower leg :rolleyes: ;)[/QUOTE]

That's ok, Tanny doesn't report anything! :D

[QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3256030]According to beat writer Chris Gasper, the "initial belief" is that Jerod Mayo's right knee injury is not as serious as Tom Brady's torn ACL of a year ago.
    [/QUOTE]

That is some fine reporting. So on a scale from 1-10 it is anywhere from 1-9.

Practice Squad
    it'd be nice for the pats to miss their key MLB and 1st or 2nd best D player but i dont wish injury on any1 (besides brady), and plus thats a chip on there shoulder and an excuse for trolls

Word is Belichick is in his underground laboratory fitting Mayo for a bionic knee.

All League
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3256220]Word is Belichick is in his underground laboratory fitting Mayo for a bionic knee.[/QUOTE]

Like the Emperor did to Darth Vader.

Come to think of it, maybe that explains why Bellichick wears that hood all the time...

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/adam8/billhcfinal.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3256220]Word is Belichick is in his underground laboratory fitting Mayo for a bionic knee.[/QUOTE]

That was a ghey post, Tom Bradyesk to be exact.

And some of you wonder how this uncertainty doesn't help a team???

Mayo could be done for the year but he'll likely be questionable for the Jets game, which damn well changes what we do offensively.

All League
    Word around here on the air waves is Mayo said it isn't serious, doesn't seem serious or season ending but no word if he will be ready for Sunday

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3256251]That was a ghey post, Tom Bradyesk to be exact.[/QUOTE]

I can only wish to be that "ghey"...

[IMG]http://blogs.notw.co.uk/photos/uncategorized/2008/06/21/giselle_top.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    ESPN - Reporters were seen using a Ouji board and Magic 8 Ball to try to ascertain information on the status of Jerod Mayo's injury. Bill Belichick, on his way out of the Patriots building, was tracked down by a reporter in the parking lot and hurriedly asked, "What is the status on Mayo? I mean, is he okay? Some people made it sound like the guy died." Belichick got into his car and would only say, "I cannot confirm if he is alive or dead. I don't even know if we have a Jerod Mayo on our team. You'll have to ask the league about that."

"Is Jerod Mayo's injury serious?"
    [IMG]http://blog.redfin.com/sfbay/files/2008/06/magic8ball.gif[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3256270]I can only wish to be that "ghey"...

[IMG]http://blogs.notw.co.uk/photos/uncategorized/2008/06/21/giselle_top.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Is that boys underwear? Does Brady make her wear those? Kinda creepy. :O

Even if Mayo is out, I'm sure there is some scrub LB the Jets cut that Bellichik will snap up...

[QUOTE=jetstream23;3256278]Is that boys underwear? Does Brady make her wear those? Kinda creepy. :O[/QUOTE]

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

[QUOTE=jetstream23;3256278]Is that boys underwear? Does Brady make her wear those? Kinda creepy. :O[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think it's Brady's underwear she's wearing.
    Wow, the luck on some guys...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetswinbaby!;3256285]Actually, I think it's Brady's underwear she's wearing.
    Wow, the luck on some guys...[/QUOTE]

Well, she won't want to be wearing Brady's underwear after he craps in them on Sunday. :D

Haven't you heard? Boys briefs are the new thongs. :yes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    6 weeks.