Thread: Jets can win on Sunday

Jets can win on Sunday

The Buffalo Bills just went to Foxboro on Monday night football, packed house, Tom Bradys return, lost Paul Poslunszny & Chris Kelsay to injury (starting middle linebacker & starting DE) and lost by 1 point after fumbling a kickoff that should have never been returned.

This is a Bills team that has looked absolutely horrid in preseason (did not score 1 TD), fired their OC one week before this game. Started 3 rookie Olineman on the road with incredible crowd noise and SHOULD have won the game sans one stupid guy (McKelvin) that I guarantee is no mental giant.

With all that said, anyone that doesn't think the Jets have a chance to win at home on Sunday is just not paying attention. Of course they could lose, they have a rookie QB & the Pats have Tom hall of fame Brady, but believe me, there are many good knowledgable Pat fans that are worried about this game. They know this is no gimme.

Did anyone else while they were watching that Bills Pats game remember what a beast Schobel is? I had forgot he was hurt last year, he kills the Jets.... If I remember correctly, Schobel absolutely ate DBrick up last time he lined up against him... We will find out how far DBrick has come when we play the Bills, assuming Schobel stays healthy

[QUOTE=jetster;3256358]The Buffalo Bills just went to Foxboro on Monday night football, packed house, Tom Bradys return, lost Paul Poslunszny & Chris Kelsay to injury (starting middle linebacker & starting DE) and lost by 1 point after fumbling a kickoff that should have never been returned.

This is a Bills team that has looked absolutely horrid in preseason (did not score 1 TD), fired their OC one week before this game. Started 3 rookie Olineman on the road with incredible crowd noise and SHOULD have won the game sans one stupid guy (McKelvin) that I guarantee is no mental giant.

With all that said, anyone that doesn't think the Jets have a chance to win at home on Sunday is just not paying attention. Of course they could lose, they have a rookie QB & the Pats have Tom hall of fame Brady, but believe me, there are many good knowledgable Pat fans that are worried about this game. They know this is no gimme.[/QUOTE]

I feel Sorry for Tom Brady!!! This could get UGLY for him..:P The jets defense smells Blood.

[QUOTE=JetsFanJim;3256370]Did anyone else while they were watching that Bills Pats game remember what a beast Schobel is? I had forgot he was hurt last year, he kills the Jets.... If I remember correctly, Schobel absolutely ate DBrick up last time he lined up against him... We will find out how far DBrick has come when we play the Bills, assuming Schobel stays healthy[/QUOTE]

Dbrick just shut down Mario Williams on Sunday. Schobel is very good but he is no Williams.

Veteran
    "screen to Leon for the TD" is all i can hear for next week! our D could smack brady around to, he had a good case of happy-feet but that line is still top notch. i think our pass rush will wear'em down with all the different looks. I see alot of blizts from rhodes and Jim all day. does anybody know if were wearing those horribal titans unis for the home opener?

[QUOTE=jetster;3256390]Dbrick just shut down Mario Williams on Sunday. Schobel is very good but he is no Williams.[/QUOTE]

Dbrick played well, but "shut down" is a little strong. Everytime Sanchez was running around, Williams was right on his tail. If we had a less nimble QB Williams could have had at least 2 sacks, maybe more.

[QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;3256405]Dbrick played well, but "shut down" is a little strong. Everytime Sanchez was running around, Williams was right on his tail. If we had a less nimble QB Williams could have had at least 2 sacks, maybe more.[/QUOTE]

Did you see Mario Williams? Guy is an absolute freak of nature. Oline can only hold their blocks so long on a guy like that without getting a holding call.

[QUOTE=Taskmaster00;3256399]"screen to Leon for the TD" is all i can hear for next week! our D could smack brady around to, he had a good case of happy-feet but that line is still top notch. i think our pass rush will wear'em down with all the different looks. I see alot of blizts from rhodes and Jim all day. does anybody know if were wearing those horribal titans unis for the home opener?[/QUOTE]

With the Pats having to use backup linebackers, Shotty has got to get some underneath routes so Cotch & Keller can kill them with some YAC.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetster;3256390]Dbrick just shut down Mario Williams on Sunday. Schobel is very good but he is no Williams.[/QUOTE]

I am glad that you said it. I was about to!

If we can cover Kevin Faulk and the rest of the RBs coming out of the backfield, especially on 3rd down, then we will win this game.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    If that Jets D plays like they did sunday and better We WILL WIN THIS GAME watch for revis to shut down moss and welker is gonna get worked all day by whoever sticks to him and we have ellis back we have a great shot at winning

All League
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyNy-TkDGB0&feature=player_embedded#t=37[/url]

If this happens... we will win.

[QUOTE=BigJet85;3256438]If that Jets D plays like they did sunday and better We WILL WIN THIS GAME watch for revis to shut down moss and welker is gonna get worked all day by whoever sticks to him and we have ellis back we have a great shot at winning[/QUOTE]

It's just a matter of time before Welker gets blown up over the middle and i hope it's this week. We have got to put the fear of God in him if he keeps trying the middle of the field. that guy is slippery but so was Chrebet and they finally blew up Chrebet!

OMG!!!!!!!!!

I just saw the post by Outeast after i posted my reply. I cracked up! Now that's what i'm talkin about!!!!!!

All League
    [QUOTE=outeast;3256447][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyNy-TkDGB0&feature=player_embedded#t=37[/url]

If this happens... we will win.[/QUOTE]

Was there a penalty called on that play? If so, there should not have been. That was all shoulder pads baby.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [QUOTE=outeast;3256447][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyNy-TkDGB0&feature=player_embedded#t=37[/url]

If this happens... we will win.[/QUOTE]

Someone should send this to David Harris & Bart Scott.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice

Here's the bottom line

The Jets have a better O-Line, Better running game & a better defense.

The Jets will win this game.