Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Auto lease transfer question...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Auto lease transfer question...

hi, wondering if anyone can help here. i am in the process of transferring my lease to another party, and they have now been approved for credit by the bank. So i just got the secondary package which requires them to send back to toyota the DMV documents, transfer fee check, proof of insurance etc...

the question is, once they have insurance on the car which is required when they send it back to toyota do i need to wait for toyota to finish processing the paperwork or can i just hand the car over once they have insurance and the documents are in the mail? they are asking to get the car once they send the docs in with proof of license, insurance etc...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=K-Met57;3266636]hi, wondering if anyone can help here. i am in the process of transferring my lease to another party, and they have now been approved for credit by the bank. So i just got the secondary package which requires them to send back to toyota the DMV documents, transfer fee check, proof of insurance etc...

the question is, once they have insurance on the car which is required when they send it back to toyota do i need to wait for toyota to finish processing the paperwork or can i just hand the car over once they have insurance and the documents are in the mail? they are asking to get the car once they send the docs in with proof of license, insurance etc...[/QUOTE]

99.9% sure once the car is bound for insurance w/the insurance card they can register it....they may need some proof of sale, or in this case, proof of transfer- call DMV and ask....I called DMV on Friday, the title department, and was on hold for only two minutes...