Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: *** '09-'10 New Jersey Devils Talk ***

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

*** '09-'10 New Jersey Devils Talk ***

Season is approaching quickly with opener only a week and a half away. Flyers visit the Rock next Saturday at 7:00. I'm looking forward to seeing this team with the infusion of some of the youth from the minors and of course the return of Lemaire. They will certainly have a new look with the subtractions of Gionta, Madden, Rupp, Holik. I'm excited for the season to start and let's go Devils!

Here's a link to view the complete season schedule:

http://devils.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be there next Saturday for the opener. A lot of pressure on Rolston to make up the production lost from losing Gionta from the second line. If he comes through the offense will be fine. Well at least fine by Devils standards. Madden had been on the decline, at this point they will miss his faceoff skills more than his defensive ability. I'm excited to see some of the young guys in the minors get a chance to step up. Pelly, Bergfors and Leblond should be the first guys to get a shot.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

devils 2009-2010

Hopefully,Jacques will refresh the team,especilly the defensemen,that it is o.k to hit the other team during a game.Watching the Devs. the last few years was like watching 8-9 year olds playing in a no-checking league.when you get outhit 2:1 in a seven game sreies by a p---y team like Carolina,you know you have problems.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyjetsman28 View Post
    I'll be there next Saturday for the opener. A lot of pressure on Rolston to make up the production lost from losing Gionta from the second line. If he comes through the offense will be fine. Well at least fine by Devils standards. Madden had been on the decline, at this point they will miss his faceoff skills more than his defensive ability. I'm excited to see some of the young guys in the minors get a chance to step up. Pelly, Bergfors and Leblond should be the first guys to get a shot.
    I'm optimistic about Rolston. Lemaire knows how to properly utilize him and I think we'll see a significant jump in his numbers.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quick question: how much longer you guys think Marty will be around?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Quick question: how much longer you guys think Marty will be around?
    Tough to say. Realistically, I think we can expect 2 more "Marty" type seasons out of him. It's going to be strange when he's gone. For us Devils/Yankees fans, it will be very similar to when Mariano finally retires.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Devils let Shanahan go today. Little surprised to hear since opening night is only two days away.

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2...is-season.html

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    it was mutual....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder what this will do to the lines, Elias is already out for a week or two. Now no Shanahan. Did Miro Satan ever get signed? If not maybe the marketing dream of Satan on the Devils could become a reality.

Possible lines for Saturday
    Parise Zajac Langenbrunner
    Rolston Zubrus Clarkson
    Pandolfo Neidemeyer Bergfors
    Peters Pelley Pikkarainen

I caught some of the last preseason game. I actually liked the energy from the 4th line...when they weren't fighting. That Peters guy is total goon/enforcer. Time for the youth to step up I guess. I've read that when Elias gets back that they want to move him back to center, bump Zubrus to the third line and move Neidemeyer to the wing.....Yikes

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder what this will do to the lines, Elias is already out for a week or two. Now no Shanahan. Did Miro Satan ever get signed? If not maybe the marketing dream of Satan on the Devils could become a reality.

Possible lines for Saturday
    Parise Zajac Langenbrunner
    Rolston Zubrus Clarkson
    Pandolfo Neidemeyer Bergfors
    Peters Pelley Pikkarainen

I caught some of the last preseason game. I actually liked the energy from the 4th line...when they weren't fighting. That Peters guy is total goon/enforcer. Time for the youth to step up I guess. I've read that when Elias gets back that they want to move him back to center, bump Zubrus to the third line and move Neidemeyer to the wing.....Yikes
    How you like the Niedermayer signing?

To be honest, I think it's a pretty good move by Lou. The way I see it:

Nieds replaces Holik
    Bergfors replaces Gionta
    Pelley replaces Madden
    Peters replaces Rupp

Core of our team is still the same except we got slightly younger.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    How you like the Niedermayer signing?

To be honest, I think it's a pretty good move by Lou. The way I see it:

Nieds replaces Holik
    Bergfors replaces Gionta
    Pelley replaces Madden
    Peters replaces Rupp

Core of our team is still the same except we got slightly younger.
    I thought Nieds was a good signing. Should be a good 3rd line center. Part of me thinks that Lou did this so if the Ducks crap out that brother Scotty would want a trade back to NJ.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well not a good start to the season. Elias being out of the line-up is certainly hurting us. Couple observations tonight. Nieds played a nice game. Had the goal and also drew a couple penalties. Also, our fourth line was badly outplayed.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well not a good start to the season. Elias being out of the line-up is certainly hurting us. Couple observations tonight. Nieds played a nice game. Had the goal and also drew a couple penalties. Also, our fourth line was badly outplayed.
    Yeah the countdown to Elias returning is offically on. The only pressure they have been able to generate is from the first line. The defense as a whole as been awful, in both games there were it seemed like we were in our own end for minutes at a time. Not good....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah the countdown to Elias returning is offically on. The only pressure they have been able to generate is from the first line. The defense as a whole as been awful, in both games there were it seemed like we were in our own end for minutes at a time. Not good....
    Yes, the defense has looked terrible. I'm not a fan of this kid Murphy.

Anyway, Devs go for their first win down in Tampa tonight.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, at least the Devs are getting at least a point tonight.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Make it 2 points!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have a fourth line?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    We have a fourth line?
    LOL

Any thoughts on this young season? We desperately need Elias back so we have more than one line that can put the puck in the net and we need the defense to drastically step up it's game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Devs win 3-2 over Florida. Didn't see the game, but glad to hear we were able to grab the win and earn a split through the first 4 games.