Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: *** '09-'10 New Jersey Devils Talk ***

Well, a bit of a silver lining on a bad Jets night. I turned off the Devils game after the 1st period down 2-0 to switch to Jets coverage for the rest of the night. I check the score after the game and see they won 3-2 in a SO down in Washington over the explosive Caps. That's 3 in a row after a rough first 2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Well, a bit of a silver lining on a bad Jets night. I turned off the Devils game after the 1st period down 2-0 to switch to Jets coverage for the rest of the night. I check the score after the game and see they won 3-2 in a SO down in Washington over the explosive Caps. That's 3 in a row after a rough first 2 games.

Did the exact same thing...saw the first two against us. That second goal came seconds after a great chance by the Devs so I just got pissed and put on the lousy ESPN pregame. Guess they fought back....Parise seems like he has been robbed a few times the last couple games, he is probably getting frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjetsman28 View Post
    Did the exact same thing...saw the first two against us. That second goal came seconds after a great chance by the Devs so I just got pissed and put on the lousy ESPN pregame. Guess they fought back....Parise seems like he has been robbed a few times the last couple games, he is probably getting frustrated.
    Yea, Martin did a great job on that play but Rolston just couldn't finish it. I was expecting that game to turn into a laugher. And Parise has just got a bit of a string of bad luck. Got robbed or unlucky on several occasions. Clarkson and Zajac are the top scorers thus far, but I expect that to change very soon.

LOL

Any thoughts on this young season? We desperately need Elias back so we have more than one line that can put the puck in the net and we need the defense to drastically step up it's game.
    Absolutely...

Parise and Eli on the ice simultaneously is freakin' sick...

I don't feel there's a team we can't compete with this season...

Last season is an afterthought at this point, sorta like the 2004 Yankee ALCS but a little less dramatic (in the sense we were right there)

This team has a lot to prove though... Glad they put the 'A' on Parise this year... Well deserved, IMO

So how long is Patrick out for?

I keep seeing conflicting reports... 3 weeks, 4 weeks, 6 weeks, etc...

Marty gets his first shutout of the season on Saturday, with the Devs bouncing back from the awful performance against the Thrashers on Friday. Long layoff until their next game when they go to the Garden on Thursday.

AGAW, not really sure about Elias. I've heard conflicting reports just like you. I sure hope it's not much longer.

BTW, that shutout puts Marty only 1 behind Terry Sawchuck for a share of the All-Time Record.

I'll be recording the game tonight and watching after the Yankee game. Hopefully it's a good night all around.

DVR was ****ed up for some reason so I watched during commercials. Way to go Devs!

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Rangers Suck and Swallow

DVR was ****ed up for some reason so I watched during commercials. Way to go Devs!
    Mine worked fine

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Mine worked fine
    Lucky you, LOL.

I did see the entire first period before the Yanks started. Devs looked very good. Not happy they blew the 2-0 lead, but I'll take the win.

Lucky you, LOL.

I did see the entire first period before the Yanks started. Devs looked very good. Not happy they blew the 2-0 lead, but I'll take the win.
    I'll let you know whose fault it was tomorrow lol

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I'll let you know whose fault it was tomorrow lol
    Much appreciated my friend.

MSG is showing the game again in approximately 10 minutes. Hopefully watching the Devils beat the Rangers will take my mind off of the bad Yankees loss.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Rangers Suck and Swallow
    Stay classy my friend.

MSG is showing the game again in approximately 10 minutes. Hopefully watching the Devils beat the Rangers will take my mind off of the bad Yankees loss.
    Caught the replay of the game...Zach's goal was absolute perfect passing and execution. Offense put up good pressure, they are playing great without Elias so his return really helps out the depth on the lines. Though Im not sure if they are going to use him at center or wing this year

Devs win in Pittsburgh 4-1 tonight and improve to 5-0 on the road. I'm liking what I'm seeing.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4596410

Martin and Pandolfo each out 4-6 weeks. Martin with a broken arm and Pandolfo with a shoulder injury. That sucks regarding Martin.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Stay classy my friend.
    There is no class in Hockey, you want class, follow Polo.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4596410

Martin and Pandolfo each out 4-6 weeks. Martin with a broken arm and Pandolfo with a shoulder injury. That sucks regarding Martin.
    I wonder if Shanahan suddenly "reconsiders" joining the team....