Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Brooklyn Nets Arena Guaranteed To Happen

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    knicks 4 life yo

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    It's too bad because this would solve all of the Islanders problems..From what I've been reading in Newsday the Light House Project has totally turned their back in Wang..If the Light House doesn't happen Wang will without question sell the team, and the next owner will not keep them on LI in that dump they're playing in now.

But they haven't broken ground yet, and the Russians love Hockey. I'm sure they could make it fit for Hockey too. Looks like this would be the only option to keep the Islanders in New York.
    Agreed, I really hope they can figure something out. I'm not an Islanders fan nor do I have anything connection to them, but I would be sad to see them go.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    knicks 4 life yo
    I'm a big Net fan, but used to root for the Knicks too back in the day..But root for a Dolan team? No can do

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's too bad because this would solve all of the Islanders problems..From what I've been reading in Newsday the Light House Project has totally turned their back in Wang..If the Light House doesn't happen Wang will without question sell the team, and the next owner will not keep them on LI in that dump they're playing in now.
    That's right. Wang tried for too much with this Lighthouse deal. He should have just shot for having the Coliseum renovated or rebuilt. Having the arena tied in with this ridiculous project basically doomed it.

If Jim Balsillie loses out on getting the Coyotes away from the NHL and the bankruptcy court, then look for him to grab the Islanders and move them to Hamilton, Ontario.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Agreed, I really hope they can figure something out. I'm not an Islanders fan nor do I have anything connection to them, but I would be sad to see them go.
    I was a big Islander fan back in the late 70's and 80's..Loved when they used to knock the crap out of the Rangers in the playoffs..Been rooting for the Devs like you the past 10 years, and love the new arena, but the Islanders leaving LI would just kill the sport...The tri-state area is one of the few places where Hockey makes money and has a fan base...Where the hell is Betman in all this?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too bad no one cares about the Nets.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    Too bad no one cares about the Nets.
    And the Knicks haven't been relevant since Van Gundy called it quits and I say this as a Knicks fan.

The truth is that the Nets have better management than the Knicks right now and soon better ownership. If they start playing to packed houses in Brooklyn then the Knicks will be second class citizens before they know it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaSanchez View Post
    And the Knicks haven't been relevant since Van Gundy called it quits and I say this as a Knicks fan.

The truth is that the Nets have better management than the Knicks right now and soon better ownership. If they start playing to packed houses in Brooklyn then the Knicks will be second class citizens before they know it.
    I don't know about that. This town will go crazy the next time the Knicks have a legitimate playoff team. The move to Brooklyn will help, but won't even come close to the hype the Knicks would cause.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree..Getting their old fans back from Long Island will be easy, It's a short trip on the LIRR..Plus you have Brooklyn Basketball fans that will flock, and the Russians with this new guy owning the team..They'll out sell more then the Knicks for sure as long as Dolan owns the team..He's been nothing but a curse for them.
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 09-23-2009 at 11:53 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My first professional sport experience was a Net game... and I have been to more Net games than any of my other favorite teams (Jets and Yanks).

While it is sad to see them leave New Jersey, at least they're staying in the area, and moving to a great location with excited/basketball-oriented ownership.

I just hope they're not called the Brooklyn Nets... then they will sound like a dance troupe... the Brooklynnettes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt245 View Post

I just hope they're not called the Brooklyn Nets... then they will sound like a dance troupe... the Brooklynnettes.
    I was hoping they'd go back to their old NY Nets logo..The uniform they had when Doctor J and Rick Barry were there..I don't like the new sound of it, but Brooklyn Nets is what it will be.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    Actually Russians pronounce No as Net, not Nyet. So absolutely no need to even change the team name. Unless they wanted to go positive and call them New York Dah's
    Очень хорошо! Вы для пояснения. Я наблюдал экстренныйый выпуск на DirecTV о русских невестах почтового заказа и он был завораживающ.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt245 View Post
    My first professional sport experience was a Net game... and I have been to more Net games than any of my other favorite teams (Jets and Yanks).

While it is sad to see them leave New Jersey, at least they're staying in the area, and moving to a great location with excited/basketball-oriented ownership.

I saw the Nets at the Coliseum when Dr. J still played for them. Hell, I even saw them at the Island Garden. Man, I'm old. If they're smart they'll reclaim their heritage, be the NY Nets, and bring Dr. J back for the opening night.

Maybe they'll even wear an updated version of these
    Last edited by VivaSanchez; 09-23-2009 at 11:52 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw the Nets at the Coliseum when Dr. J still played for them. Hell, I even saw them at the Island Garden. Man, I'm old. If they're smart they'll reclaim their heritage, be the NY Nets, and bring Dr. J back for the opening night.

Maybe they'll even wear an updated version of these
    How about Lou Carnesecca too I remember him being the coach when they had Rick Barry. I used to love watching the old ABA teams on channel 9..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about Lou Carnesecca too I remember him being the coach when they had Rick Barry. I used to love watching the old ABA teams on channel 9..
    Nah, I loved Looie at St. John's, but it was Kevin Loughery who coached the Nets to their two ABA titles.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nah, I loved Looie at St. John's, but it was Kevin Loughery who coached the Nets to their two ABA titles.
    Yep, totally forgot about Kevin Loughery..Not sure If he ever did well in the NBA...

I just hope they go back to their old uniforms when they make the move to Brooklyn.

I liked little Looie with the Nets too even though he never won a title with them. I think Looie was the coach at the Commack Arena if I'm not mistaken.
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 09-24-2009 at 03:14 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

And pretty soon they'll have Lebron too.