Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My nearly traditional, semi annual, all-encompasing Tits/Jets thread

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;3271168]serioulsy, WTF??? :steamin::steamin:

the thread title clearly says TITS, now where the **** are they???[/QUOTE]

Just lookin out for tb.

[IMG]http://www.radiobrennt.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/big_tits.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    More tits

[IMG]http://scienceblogs.com/purepedantry/upload/2006/07/Great-tit-nestling-15-days.jpg[/IMG]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=titanbuoy;3271255]Throwback Girlfriends is an idea we can all get behind. I'd be tempted by the 1986 Margie, but I'd have to go with the 2002 Jess (crazy ***** that I barely survived... sometimes you have to put up with the bad to get the very, very good :))

Congrats on the upcoming anniversary![/QUOTE]

The '83 Jessica From Freeport! lol (homina homina homina)

Thanks tb; it's time for some Titan-on-Titan violence.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahhh the good ol' days

[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h41/titanbuoy/zzz%20images/Haynesworth-1.gif[/IMG]

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=titanbuoy;3274302]Ahhh the good ol' days

[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h41/titanbuoy/zzz%20images/Haynesworth-1.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Two jerks jerkin it up.

I think the Jets will have their hands full this week. Hate to say it, but I'd go with the Titans (of the Oilers variety) and hard money.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3274310]Two jerks jerkin it up.

I think the Jets will have their hands full this week. Hate to say it, but I'd go with the Titans (of the Oilers variety) and hard money.[/QUOTE]

From your keyboard to the football god's ears. Honestly it's become readily apparent that the Titans aren't going to win a Super Bowl with KFC as their QB... so it'll be hard to get overly excited with a victory. Another playoff birth and quick exit really doesn't really hold much allure.

Haynesworth is definitely a jerk. Hard to hate on Pennyboy though... I loved him in those Davey & Goliath "claytoon" shows when I was kid.

[IMG]http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/081107/davey-and-goliath_l.jpg[/IMG]

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=titanbuoy;3274327]From your keyboard to the football god's ears. Honestly it's become readily apparent that the Titans aren't going to win a Super Bowl with KFC as their QB... so it'll be hard to get overly excited with a victory. Another playoff birth and quick exit really doesn't really hold much allure.

Haynesworth is definitely a jerk. Hard to hate on Pennyboy though... I loved him in those Davey & Goliath "claytoon" shows when I was kid.

[IMG]http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/081107/davey-and-goliath_l.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

The Titans are going to be pissed coming into the Meadowlands though, and I worry a little about win fatigue/complacency from the Jets. We haven't seen Coach Ryan keep up a sustained killer instinct yet.

And I liked Chad better when he wanted to be an elf dentist:

[IMG]http://www.the1585.com/hermey1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://foodcourtlunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/chadpennington.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MACPAC;3271225]And yet you learned nothing about welcoming fans from other teams :cool:[/QUOTE]

Don't flatter yourself........... CHOWDS don't count.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HessStation;3271308]Just lookin out for [B]t[/B]remendous [B]b[/B]oobs.

[IMG]http://www.radiobrennt.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/big_tits.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Elaborated. :eek:

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was trying to come up with some players that have played for both the Oilers/Titans and the Titans/Jets; other than Mawae, McCareins and Richard Caster from back in the day, not a lot of meaningful players come to mind (I think you've got a few ex-Titans scrubs on the roster currently... Hartsock, Ryan Fowler ansd some other rookie TE whose name escapes me entirely)

Am I missing any noteworthy guys who've played for both franchises?

Found this cool pic...
    [IMG]http://prod.static.titans.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/zip/2009/08-August/Hall-of-Fame-Tour/IMG_3037--nfl_medium_540_360.JPG[/IMG]
    I still think there's a chance for this guy... it's faint, but I see a glimmer.
    Last edited by titanbuoy; 09-25-2009 at 08:16 PM.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to see a picture of the Oilers and the Titans playing each other circa 1960. I wonder if any exist out there on the innernetz. It would be a cool preview to Sunday.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3274628]I would love to see a picture of the Oilers and the Titans playing each other circa 1960. I wonder if any exist out there on the innernetz. It would be a cool preview to Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Not the greatest of shots but the Don Maynard card from the 2009 Topps AFL 50th Throwback set is from an Oilers/Titans match-up. I love vintage AFL photos... the neighborhood feel of many of the stadiums (complete with half filled wooden bleachers), is old school awesome.

[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h41/titanbuoy/zzz%20images/maynard.jpg[/IMG]

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well yet another Sunday kick in the nads; not shocking, but a kick in the nads none the less. The just in: the Jets are pretty damn good.... and Kerry Collins is pretty damn awful.

Had some friends who went to the game yesterday. They came away very impressed by the passion shown by the crowd. The said it wasn't the loudest place they've been but is was definitely the most lively, fun-loving NFL crowd they'd ever seen. Well done.

PS: another win in those "sweeeet" Titans throwbacks! That's 4-1 in the navy Titans of New York gear isn't it?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=titanbuoy;3279167]Well yet another Sunday kick in the nads; not shocking, but a kick in the nads none the less. The just in: the Jets are pretty damn good.... and Kerry Collins is pretty damn awful.

Had some friends who went to the game yesterday. They came away very impressed by the passion shown by the crowd. The said it wasn't the loudest place they've been but is was definitely the most lively, fun-loving NFL crowd they'd ever seen. Well done.

PS: another win in those "sweeeet" Titans throwbacks! That's 4-1 in the navy Titans of New York gear isn't it?[/QUOTE]

Collins was money with time to throw. When we finally decided to blitz him up, he folded. But he made some great throws.

It seemed like he had no viable dump off option ala Brady/Welker to guard against the blitzs

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    To say Kerry Collins was bad yesterday is a little unfair. Do the titans have a WR on there team that can catch the ball?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3279195]Collins was money with time to throw. When we finally decided to blitz him up, he folded. But he made some great throws.

It seemed like he had no viable dump off option ala Brady/Welker to guard against the blitzs[/QUOTE]

He's come up empty three fourth quarters in a row (four if you count last year's playoff loss to the Ravens). He's certainly capable of making some great passes and actually seems be able to do it early in the game.

Good call on the lack of an outlet... the Titans really missed Bo Scaife yesterday.

[QUOTE=team green;3279209]To say Kerry Collins was bad yesterday is a little unfair. Do the titans have a WR on there team that can catch the ball?[/QUOTE]

Every QB has a few passes dropped by his wideouts in a game. It's something the good ones can overcome. Washington had a couple go through his hands and I think Britt had a drop... the both also made some big plays for Collins. There are always excuses for losing if you look hard enough for them. Collins had two opportunities late in the game to lead the Oilers back for a tying score and he failed... it's something that has literally become a weekly occurrence this season. He's not awful, he's just not good enough.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=titanbuoy;3279342]He's come up empty three fourth quarters in a row (four if you count last year's playoff loss to the Ravens). He's certainly capable of making some great passes and actually seems be able to do it early in the game.

Good call on the lack of an outlet... the Titans really missed Bo Scaife yesterday.

Every QB has a few passes dropped by his wideouts in a game. It's something the good ones can overcome. Washington had a couple go through his hands and I think Britt had a drop... the both also made some big plays for Collins. There are always excuses for losing if you look hard enough for them. Collins had two opportunities late in the game to lead the Oilers back for a tying score and he failed... it's something that has literally become a weekly occurrence this season. He's not awful, he's just not good enough.[/QUOTE]

Collins was threading the needle at the beginning of the game. He was throwing into great coverage and putting it on the money. I just told myself he can't keep it up. Nobody's that good.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3279355]Collins was threading the needle at the beginning of the game. He was throwing into great coverage and putting it on the money. I just told myself he can't keep it up. Nobody's that good.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was bizarre in the first half. I swear it seemed like they were "picking on" Revis. Every pass seemed to be thrown his way and yes, Collins made some great passes into uber-tight coverage. Washington's TD was an amazing throw, but it also took an amazing catch by Nate.

I think that's why he's such a frustrating player; he's clearly capable of making those plays but seemingly not able in crunch time.

Edit
    PS: I could tell you that this didn't make me chuckle yesterday, but I'd be lying
    [IMG]http://www.homermcfanboy.com/images/haynesworth092809.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by titanbuoy; 09-28-2009 at 04:25 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=titanbuoy;3279342]He's come up empty three fourth quarters in a row (four if you count last year's playoff loss to the Ravens). He's certainly capable of making some great passes and actually seems be able to do it early in the game.

Every QB has a few passes dropped by his wideouts in a game. It's something the good ones can overcome. Washington had a couple go through his hands and I think Britt had a drop... the both also made some big plays for Collins. There are always excuses for losing if you look hard enough for them. Collins had two opportunities late in the game to lead the Oilers back for a tying score and he failed... it's something that has literally become a weekly occurrence this season. He's not awful, he's just not good enough.[/QUOTE]
    I jumped out of my chair when I heard Scaife wasn't playing! He can catch AND run. Thank goodness he was out.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a pity, there wasn't a bongo sighting this year. :(