Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: brandon spikes overrated?

you were saying the same thing last year about Andre Smith's injury proving his worth... back assward logic.

spikes might have a greater impact on his squad then McClain does on his squad... but that doesn't mean spikes is a better prospect than McClain. All that means is that FLorida needs Spikes. And we don't know how bad Alabama needs McClain because he hasn't gotten hurt! Both probably are their team's most valuable defenders respectively... it proves nothing. In general getting hurt doesn't help a players draft stock.

We do know that when ALabama lost Hightower, McClain stepped up.

I question what Spikes is gonna do when he gets timed by a stopwatch.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;3318260]you were saying the same thing last year about Andre Smith's injury proving his worth... back assward logic. [/QUOTE]

the definition of assbackwards logic is the above statement, considering Smith was not injured last year and you've annointed Oher as the top tackle from last year's draft four games into the rookie campaign....but such is your reasoning....

[QUOTE]spikes might have a greater impact on his squad then McClain does on his squad... but that doesn't mean spikes is a better prospect than McClain. All that means is that FLorida needs Spikes. And we don't know how bad Alabama needs McClain because he hasn't gotten hurt! Both probably are their team's most valuable defenders respectively... it proves nothing. In general getting hurt doesn't help a players draft stock.

We do know that when ALabama lost Hightower, McClain stepped up.

[/QUOTE]

of course the reasonable person would ask what would Spikes do if he had the likes of Cody, Washington, Deadrick playing in front of him....and though UF has solid talent on the d-line, it pales compared to the players McCalin has in front of him....

[QUOTE]I question what Spikes is gonna do when he gets timed by a stopwatch.[/QUOTE]

you question it or you read it somewhere????

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3318290]the definition of assbackwards logic is the above statement, considering Smith was not injured last year and you've annointed Oher as the top tackle from last year's draft four games into the rookie campaign....but such is your reasoning....[/quote]

correction Andre SMith's suspension proved his worth to his team... let's over look the fact he's such a chucklehead that he got suspended in the first place. same thing here, Spikes' injury proves his worth... but the fact that he got injured is a throw away. I'd prefer football players that don't get injured or suspended, but hey that's just me.

by the way Michael Oher = starting LT for the ravens, he is the best tackle of last year's crop. That's a fact.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3318290]
    of course the reasonable person would ask what would Spikes do if he had the likes of Cody, Washington, Deadrick playing in front of him....and though UF has solid talent on the d-line, it pales compared to the players McCalin has in front of him....[/quote]

None of those guys are as good as Dunlap. Cunningham also might be better than all of those guys.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;3318365]correction Andre SMith's suspension proved his worth to his team... let's over look the fact he's such a chucklehead that he got suspended in the first place. same thing here, Spikes' injury proves his worth... but the fact that he got injured is a throw away. I'd prefer football players that don't get injured or suspended, but hey that's just me.

by the way Michael Oher = starting LT for the ravens, he is the best tackle of last year's crop. That's a fact.

None of those guys are as good as Dunlap. Cunningham also might be better than all of those guys.[/QUOTE]

I'm wasting my time with this ridicouslness as you go round in circles- but the last line is the best; none of them are as good as Dunlap??? that's a joke right??? dunlap is better at dissapearing than houdini....

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3318390] none of them are as good as Dunlap??? that's a joke right??? dunlap is better at dissapearing than houdini....[/QUOTE]

who do you think gets drafted first, dunlap or cody? dunlap or mcclain? dunlap or spikes? I think dunlap goes top 5, regardless of consistancy.

the real question, mcclain or spikes? McClain will run faster therefore he will go higher.

let it be said if you are taking the position that spikes isn't going to be drafted high, but he will be a better player than those drafted higher than him, I can see that point of view. I don't think he has the natural talents to warrent a high pick.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;3318464]who do you think gets drafted first, dunlap or cody? dunlap or mcclain? dunlap or spikes? I think dunlap goes top 5, regardless of consistancy.

the real question, mcclain or spikes? McClain will run faster therefore he will go higher.

let it be said if you are taking the position that spikes isn't going to be drafted high, but he will be a better player than those drafted higher than him, I can see that point of view. I don't think he has the natural talents to warrent a high pick.[/QUOTE]

sure....calias campbell, alan branch, shaun cody and kalimba edwards are just a few names who'd agree with your reasoning....:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3318770]sure....calias campbell, alan branch, shaun cody and kalimba edwards are just a few names who'd agree with your reasoning....:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

campbell playing well these days btw. Starting.

I just don't understand your position. are you saying Spikes is going to be better than his draft status? Or that he will be an elite draft pick? Is he going to be picked in the top half of round 1? Or will he get drafted second round and play like a first rounder? I'm willing to believe the second statement... not the first.

For example I loved Demeco Ryans several years ago but he never had the measurables to go round 1.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;3318795]campbell playing well these days btw. Starting.

I just don't understand your position. [/QUOTE]

not surprising....

[QUOTE]are you saying Spikes is going to be better than his draft status? Or that he will be an elite draft pick? Is he going to be picked in the top half of round 1? Or will he get drafted second round and play like a first rounder? I'm willing to believe the second statement... not the first.

For example I loved Demeco Ryans several years ago but he never had the measurables to go round 1.[/QUOTE]

Spikes is a better player now and will be a higher draft pick than McClain in April....

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3319038]Spikes is a better player now and will be a higher draft pick than McClain in April....[/QUOTE]

disagree respectfully - I can see the case for Spikes but just think McClain is better... we shall see!

by the way "someone" Had spikes at 15 and mcclain at 18... maybe these players are both elite eh?

bumpity ump

you can wait until March pro day or you can listen to me in October

either way it all comes home to roost

i also can't wait to bump the Cody looks awful thread

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;3529765]bumpity ump

you can wait until March pro day or[B] you can listen to me in October [/B]

either way it all comes home to roost

i also can't wait to bump the Cody looks awful thread[/QUOTE]

bitonti's meaning of "listening to him"??? linking to someone else's information....

try offering your own opinions rather than parrot something you stumbled across on the internet and capitalize off someone else's work...

if anyone should be congratulated in this post it's certainly not a thief who stole someone else's information....

it would be gangreeninsider who actually rendered his own opinion....good scouting GGI...
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 03-17-2010 at 01:37 PM.

dude you said he was a top 32 player

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;3529922]dude you said he was a top 32 player[/QUOTE]

i did.....

and GGI gave and original opinion that he was not- hence I congratulated him on a good call...

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3529930]i did.....

and GGI gave and original opinion that he was not- hence I congratulated him on a good call...[/QUOTE]

what ever... he said 3-4 teams should give him a first round grade.

[QUOTE=bitonti;3529935]what ever... he said 3-4 teams should give him a first round grade.[/QUOTE]

Don't drag me into your sh!tfest. Anyone with half a brain here can destroy you on a lot of the lunacy you spew here.

The fact of the matter is we're all wrong at sometime which is why it's in poor taste to bump wrong calls unless totally provoked.

Really, no one should be arguing all that passionately early in the draft season since anything can happen. Even Spikes ran a 4.78-4.85 I still would wager he would have still gotten some looks at the end of the 1st round from 3-4 teams.. But yeah, that's out of the question now due to his unforeseen 5.0 40 time.

[QUOTE=gangGREENinsider;3529956]Don't drag me into your sh!tfest. Anyone with half a brain here can destroy you on a lot of the lunacy you spew here.
    [/QUOTE]

destroy my lunacy! do it! grrrrrrrrrrr :zzz:

dont worry... ill still come here and post the truth... that wont change

[QUOTE=bitonti;3530014]destroy my lunacy! do it! grrrrrrrrrrr :zzz:

dont worry... ill still come here and post the truth... that wont change[/QUOTE]

Gholston can still be g00d guyzzzz :zzz:

Get off your high horse and at least pretend like you've made a few right calls in the past. I don't feel like pursuing this further.

Bit wins Spikes... Whether he wins Cody is still debatable. Personally I think he slips.

this thread was pre-eye gouge by the way

GGI i got no beef with you

youve always been a good respectful poster to me at least

if the roles are reversed and dez bryant goes top 5 and cody goes in round 3 i'd expect nothing less than a bump from those who disagreed with my posts about those players... that's kinda what this forum is about...

yes i have made bad calls in the past, I have made good ones, we all do both...

but i get called out on my bad calls and turn about is fair play