Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got robbed...

All League

Just got robbed...

My house is in shambles and stuff is gone... has anyone else ever been robbed? It's been hours but I have the feeling that you get when someone's looking at you. Its horrible.

Can't sleep... thoughts?

All League
    Don't get me wrong, thats a terrible, personal violation.
    I'm a bit suprised you can post. Didn't they take ur PC or did you have ur laptop with you?
    I hope everything works out well.

You wouldn't be the first person to wash every single thing in your house. I'm sorry this happened to you.

[QUOTE=JetChefJR;3275442]My house is in shambles and stuff is gone... has anyone else ever been robbed? It's been hours but I have the feeling that you get when someone's looking at you. Its horrible.

Can't sleep... thoughts?[/QUOTE]

get a gun

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JetChefJR;3275442]My house is in shambles and stuff is gone... has anyone else ever been robbed? It's been hours but I have the feeling that you get when someone's looking at you. Its horrible.

Sorry man. We just had a house about a quarter mile from me robbed and that bummed me out. Courts don't take this serious enough. They add up how much your missing stuff is worth and determine that's the crime. This is such a serious blow to one's sense of security and well-being. At least no one was hurt during the invasion.

Never happened to me but just horrible. Sorry to hear this. I could only imagine the feeling of violation and anger.

Jets Insider VIP
    I've had my house burglarized twice and have been mugged once (I had no money...but got pistol whipped anyway, WTF?).

Get a dog and move on. There isn't much you can do to stop someone from breaking into your house when you're not there. A f*cking gun wouldn't help if you were't home. Expensive locks are nice...but your windows are ALWAYS made of glass and can be broken with a rock.

Get a dog. And it doesn't have to be one that'll kill an intruder, it just needs to be one that'll make a lot of noise if someone tries to break in.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3275548]I've had my house burglarized twice and have been mugged once (I had no money...but got pistol whipped anyway, WTF?).

Get a dog and move on. There isn't much you can do to stop someone from breaking into your house when you're not there. A f*cking gun wouldn't help if you were't home. Expensive locks are nice...but your windows are ALWAYS made of glass and can be broken with a rock.

Get a dog. And it doesn't have to be one that'll kill an intruder, it just needs to be one that'll make a lot of noise if someone tries to break in.[/QUOTE]
    We got robbed years ago when I lived with my folks...we had a bad ass dog, that the thieves messed with (the house was obviously cased) and he was never the same after. He did go tearing ass out of the house when my parents got home trying to chase something so we always thought the effers barely got away.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3275591]We got robbed years ago when I lived with my folks...we had a bad ass dog, that the thieves messed with (the house was obviously cased) and he was never the same after. He did go tearing ass out of the house when my parents got home trying to chase something so we always thought the effers barely got away.[/QUOTE]

There's a ton of this crap going on in rural areas. Out west, small towns are ravaged by people hooked on Meth. We don't have that, but we have a lot of people hooked on pain killers like Oxy. We don't have a lot of crime here, but the one crime I fear is a break-in. I'm more nervous about this than I was when I lived in the Chicago area, at least the houses were close together and near the street.

One night two guys drove up my driveway. My land is secluded and nobody ever comes up our driveway. I walked out and asked them what was up. They asked me if I wanted to buy any frozen meat at a discount, it was supposedly in their trunk. I told them we had plenty of meat and they got in the car and left. I've always wondered if they were burglars and used the frozen meat story when they ran into a homeowner.

Veteran
    My sympathy bro. I too was robbed when I lived in a more urban area here in South Florida. Same story, house in shambles, EVERYTHING valuable that I owned was missing, including the money from a change bucket I kept in my bedroom. Probably the worst kick in the junk though as I am sitting there in shock, was being questioned by the police as though I had something to do with it. In the end, getting an alarm system was what got me back to some level of sanity.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=HessStation;3275521]Never happened to me but just horrible. Sorry to hear this. I could only imagine the [B] violation and anger.[/QUOTE][/B]YES YES Let the Ragu pass through you ...Strike me down with it. star wars comedy

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3275595]
    One night two guys drove up my driveway. My land is secluded and nobody ever comes up our driveway. I walked out and asked them what was up. They asked me if I wanted to buy any frozen meat at a discount, it was supposedly in their trunk. I told them we had plenty of meat and they got in the car and left. I've always wondered if they were burglars and used the frozen meat story when they ran into a homeowner.[/QUOTE]

I used to live in a similar area. End of a dead end gravel road. Those 3am visits are unsettling at the least. Typically, it was some drunk looking for a boat launch, or "lost" snomobilers. That meat story sounds really crazy though...

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3275548]I've had my house burglarized twice and have been mugged once (I had no money...but got pistol whipped anyway, WTF?).

Get a dog. And it doesn't have to be one that'll kill an intruder, it just needs to be one that'll make a lot of noise if someone tries to break in.[/QUOTE]

Or an alarm system.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3275595] I've always wondered if they were burglars and used the frozen meat story when they ran into a homeowner.[/QUOTE]

You should have asked to feel the meat. If the meat was warm, they were lying. Always feel the strangers meat.

All League
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3275591]We got robbed years ago when I lived with my folks...we had a bad ass dog, that the thieves messed with (the house was obviously cased) and he was never the same after. He did go tearing ass out of the house when my parents got home trying to chase something so we always thought the effers barely got away.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about your dog. My dog was in the house and can be really loud. The problem is that my neighbors are dense to the outside world. They don't even react to anything and probably did the same the other night. My dog seems ok, although a bit jumpy, but I think he was just confused and scared by it all. I don't think he attacked because he's still here and unharmed. If we were home, he'd be all over them no doubt. I'm completely f'd in the head by this but I guess only time will help.

At least the Jets won :)

Veteran
    HOLY CRAP

I have an idea how you feel as I had my car broken into and they stole laptop ,stereo etc....

I felt violated, angry and I wanted to hurt someone!

Good thread, reinforces the need for an alarm system(for myself).

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=King Pepa;3275472]get a gun[/QUOTE]

while you still can.....

sorry to here about that JetChef...where do you live???

All League
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3278405]while you still can.....

sorry to here about that JetChef...where do you live???[/QUOTE]

in a nice middle-class neighborhood in Bergen County, NJ...

at least they didn't get your computer.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JetChefJR;3278491]in a nice middle-class neighborhood in Bergen County, NJ...[/QUOTE]

Hopefully you told all of your neighbors, not only as a warning to them, but hopefully they'll notice anything suspicious around your property too.