Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Roman Polanski taken into Swiss Custody

All League
    [QUOTE=Ryan Boru;3275876]It was statutory rape, meaning she was okay with it but too young. [/QUOTE]Read her grand jury testimony and determine how consensual you think it was. A 44 year old drugged and sodomized an 8th grader after she repeatedly said no and asked him to take her home. It was rape by pretty much every definition in the civilized world.

[url]http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/polanskia1.html[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=ozu;3278186]Read her grand jury testimony and determine how consensual you think it was. A 44 year old drugged and sodomized an 8th grader after she repeatedly said no and asked him to take her home. It was rape by pretty much every definition in the civilized world.

[url]http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/polanskia1.html[/url][/QUOTE]
    Anyone who says it was OK because it was consensual should read the testimony.

Ugh...Since I became a father, these types of stories take a whole different twist. Hope he rots in hell.
    Last edited by RaoulDuke; 09-28-2009 at 09:24 AM.

The victim in this case says she has forgiven him and she thinks this is ridiculous.

Whatever.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=FF2®;3278245]The victim in this case says she has forgiven him and she thinks this is ridiculous.

Whatever.[/QUOTE]

You people cant help yourselves with this rationalizing away bad acts, can you?

:alien::alien:

[QUOTE=32green;3278287]You people cant help yourselves with this rationalizing away bad acts, can you?

:alien::alien:[/QUOTE]

I didn't say anything of the sort. I thought it was sick, just reporting what the woman said.

:afro: Linc says "realtalk"

[QUOTE=32green;3278287][B]You people[/B] cant help yourselves with this rationalizing away bad acts, can you?

:alien::alien:[/QUOTE]
    /
    [B][/B] waddya mean you people

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3278024]I was surprised they were even able to take him into custody. I thought their cop didn't work on Sundays. :i_dont_kn[/QUOTE]

A crime infested country makes fun of a country with low crime. Only in America.

Veteran
    His ego stays in the guest house to make room for his madness.
    He definately stumbles the line between genius and insanity. Watch an interview with him and count the times you go, " Huh?" or "WTF"
    As for the rape, I think we should stone his ass. I've got daughters and trust me... They don't have a clue at 13 years old about anything, especially not sex.
    No fines, no jail, no cops, we just beat his ass and humiliate him a little. Then, if he still wants to stay in the US, we give him a one movie deal. Produce greatness or get the hell out.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=pauliec;3277594]At which point he will be welcomed back into the Hollywood social circles and treated like a king.[/QUOTE]

you're about a day late with this thought....

[QUOTE][B]Roman Polanski arrest: Hollywood unites in his defence

Roman Polanski's surprise arrest in Switzerland has everyone speculating as to why it happened when it did – could it be politically motivated?[/B]

The surprise detention of Roman Polanski has been met with indignation in Hollywood and sparked a flurry of media speculation over the real reason behind Saturday night's arrest in Zurich.

Film mogul Harvey Weinstein has got behind a campaign by French film-makers calling on US authorities not to extradite the Oscar-winning Polish director in connection with a charge of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor dating back more than three decades.

Weinstein entered the fray at the personal behest of Cannes film festival director Thierry Fremaux and will now use his considerable influence and campaigning heft to enlist the support of Hollywood.

"We're calling on every film-maker we can to help fix this terrible situation," Weinstein said, reviving a theme he adopted earlier in the year after he bought international distribution rights at Sundance to the HBO documentary Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired.

The film uncovered flaws in the legal case against the director, prompting Weinstein to allude to a possible campaign to get the charges against Polanski dropped. At a hearing this year a Los Angeles superior court judge agreed there was "substantial misconduct" in the original hearing.

Furthermore Samantha Geimer (nee Gailey), the girl whom Polanski raped at the age of 13 and who is now in her mid-40s, has called on the authorities to dismiss the charges against him.

Writing in the Los Angeles Times this morning, film columnist Patrick Goldstein questioned the ethics of a potential move by the LA County district attorney's office to spend taxpayer's money on extraditing Polanski at a time of severe statewide budget cuts.

"[A]t a time when California is shredding the safety net that protects the poor and the unemployed, not to mention the budget of the public school system, you'd hope that LA County prosecutors had better things to do than cause an international furor [sic] by hounding a film director for a 32-year-old sex crime, especially one that Polanski's victim wants to put it behind her," Goldstein wrote.

Meanwhile the Washington Post's Anne Applebaum had this to say: "To put him on trial or keep him in jail does not serve society in general or his victim in particular. Nor does it prove the doggedness and earnestness of the American legal system."

Focus has turned to why the arrest has come now, even though Polanski used to own a home in Switzerland and, according to his agent Jeff Berg of ICM, spent much of this summer in the country editing his latest film, The Ghost.

Matters took an intriguing turn on Sunday when AP accidentally published an internal memo between staffers speculating that political motivations may have led Swiss authorities to collaborate with the LA County district attorney's office at this stage.

Unsubstantiated claims are circling that Swiss authorities may be using Polanski as a sacrificial lamb to appease their US counterparts ahead of an unfolding tax-evasion scandal that involves the Swiss banking giant UBS and wealthy US account holders.

An excerpt from the accidental AP release reads:

"that's because they're under intense pressure over ubs and want to throw the U.S. a bone, but can yo ucheck with justice department sources there?"

Swiss justice ministry spokesman Guido Balmer has rejected any notion that the arrest was a political move.

Polanski fled the US in 1978 after pleading guilty to the unlawful sexual intercourse charges and faces up to 50 years in jail should LA County prosecutors commence proceedings and choose to request an extradition.

"Whether the LA County district attorney's office has its way or not, it is not a story that can have a happy ending," Goldstein added in the Los Angeles Times. "I think Polanski has already paid a horrible, soul-wrenching price for the infamy surrounding his actions. The real tragedy is that he will always, till his death, be snubbed and stalked and confronted by people who think the price he has already paid isn't enough."[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog/2009/sep/28/roman-polanski-arrest-hollywood[/url]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3280044]

"At a time when California is shredding the safety net that protects the poor and the unemployed, not to mention the budget of the public school system, you'd hope that LA County prosecutors had better things to do than cause an international furor [sic] by hounding a film director for a 32-year-old sex crime, especially one that Polanski's victim wants to put it behind her," Goldstein wrote.

Meanwhile the Washington Post's Anne Applebaum had this to say: "To put him on trial or keep him in jail does not serve society in general or his victim in particular. Nor does it prove the doggedness and earnestness of the American legal system."[/QUOTE]

Meanwhile what these liberal hand wringing cretins dont seem to realize is that this guy is a pedophile. They dont change their stripes and they wont be convinced they are wrong. Polanski still describes this encounter as "consensual"....which means that dollars to donuts there are other victims, prolly in Europe and whatever third world country he can weasel his way in and out of with handfulls of filthy cash.

This is not about the victim, who was clearly bought off with a civil settlement and has chosen to put this behind her, this is about the greater good, protecting future Polanski victims, and deterring other Peds from believing international flight is a viable alternative to facing the music for their crimes.

But again, charisma and talent trumps character and deeds in the minds of these pandering, soulless poseurs....

Jets Insider VIP
    So let me get this straight, if you can get a 13 year old girl to say "OK" to sex after giving her some drugs it's all cool as long as you leave the country for a few years and make some movies? Got it. :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Please merge this thread with the student/teacher sex scandals threads!

This isn't and shouldn't be turned into a left vs right political issue. The guy is a convicted pedophile and belongs in prison.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE]“I know it wasn’t rape-rape. It was something else but I don’t believe it was rape-rape. He went to jail and and when they let him out he was like ‘You know what, this guy’s going to give me a hundred years in jail I’m not staying,’ so that’s why he left.”

- Whoopi Goldberg[/QUOTE]

mmm, ok whoopster
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 10-01-2009 at 03:12 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3281149]mmm, ok whoopster[/QUOTE]

So Whoopi has to decide between siding with her fellow women or siding with Hollywood. Did she just take the middle road? :rolleyes:

"rape-rape"? C'mon. I know what Charles Manson did was bad but it wasn't really murder-murder because the devil was telling him to do it. :rolleyes: Sheesh!

[QUOTE=jetstream23;3281170]So Whoopi has to decide between siding with her fellow women or siding with Hollywood. Did she just take the middle road? :rolleyes:

"rape-rape"? C'mon. I know what Charles Manson did was bad but it wasn't really murder-murder because the devil was telling him to do it. :rolleyes: Sheesh![/QUOTE]

what the hell is rape-rape???

what if she was 11???

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jetfan_Johnny;3281183]what the hell is rape-rape???

[B]what if she was 11???[/B][/QUOTE]

Exactly. We have laws so that it is plainly clear to everyone what is right and what is wrong. No one has to debate whether it's okay if the girl was 14 but not if she's 12....it's cool if she's 13 but not if she's 11, etc.

Traffic lights are red and green so that you know whether to go or stop. There's no orange-ish/blue-ish color that one person can say kinda looks red and another say it kinda looks green.

Hollywood is another planet. Seriously, these people take themselves too seriously as some kind of an authority on moral issues. I'd like to hear Whoopi explain exactly what the rules are of "rape-rape"....you know, just so that I can hand those rules to the creepy guy down the street who stares at the 13-year old girls walking to school. He needs to know that he can maybe rape them as long as he convinces them to say "Ok" first but he can't "rape-rape" them. Sheezus Christmas! What is this country coming to?

I love that people defending him are more concerned about supposed flaws in the legal proceedings than the fact that he admits he had sex with the 13 year old girl.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;3277915]I was suspicious when I saw him being [B]herded at carrot-point by two snowmen into a big tea cup carriage.[/B]

Thats hardly the long arm of the law.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Where do you get this stuff? :D

the irony is that he left france (and it's blatant tolerance & protection for him) to receive some stupid award that no one's even heard of in switzerland, you know the mecca of fine cinema. he's had a great run for over 30 yrs while raising the middle finger to america, while being adored by the french who obviously think it's a hoot to bag prepubecent snatch and then voluntarily throw it away for ... some award made up by some rich nazis-in-hiding? shoulda stayed in france, roman.