Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chad Pennington - Out for the rest of the season

Chad Pennington - Out for the rest of the season

Just reported on 1050. He has a torn capsule in his throwing shoulder.

This will basically guarantee the Dolphins returning to the basement.

I hate to start a chad thread, but seeing that we have all collectively dealt with him getting hurt, year after year... It is just strange to see the same thing happening to him down in dolfag land...

Hall Of Fame
    Chad is a very decent guy, I feel bad. He should hang it up, he had a decent career and made it to the playoffs a few times

probably the smartest QB in the game, his body just could never handle all the hits...

hes going to make a hell of a high school football coach someday, somewhere....

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3279220]Chad is a very decent guy, I feel bad. He should hang it up, he had a decent career and made it to the playoffs a few times[/QUOTE]

Once he chose to play in Miami, Chad was dead to me. I feel bad, but not too much as it dooms the Fins.

All League
    Same shoulder for the third time now?

I feel bad, Chad's a nice guy. Just not a great QB. Too bad.

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3279273]Once he chose to play in Miami, Chad was dead to me. [/QUOTE]

That's a little silly Borgo. I don't think Chad "decided" to be released and have to scramble to find a new team.

I take no enjoyment in this news.

While VERY happy to no longer have Chad as our QB, for this very reason among others, I feel for him as a human being, and (rare in sports) a seemingly good and decent one at that.

[QUOTE=Pac2566;3279299]That's a little silly Borgo. I don't think Chad "decided" to be released and have to scramble to find a new team.[/QUOTE]

I know it's not rational, but it's how I feel. I never want any player--with the exception of Brady, Wilfork, Jason Taylor, Hines Ward and a few others--to get seriously injured, but I am left feeling cold about Chad. Hopefully, he heals, and makes it back as starting QB for the Dolphins, leading them to a 2-14 record in 2010.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3279354]I know it's not rational, but it's how I feel. I never want any player--with the exception of Brady, Wilfork, Jason Taylor, Hines Ward and a few others--to get seriously injured, but I am left feeling cold about Chad. Hopefully, he heals, and makes it back as starting QB for the Dolphins, leading them to a 2-14 record in 2010.[/QUOTE]

I could see this if he left as a free agent.

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3279369]I could see this if he left as a free agent.[/QUOTE]

If he were on any team besides the Dolphins, Bills and Patriots, we would not be having this conversation. I know we released Chad, and he needs to make a living, but I hate seeing him in teal.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE]I'm honestly tearing up over this.

Thanks for all your hard work Chad, last season and this one.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]I feel bad for him. I have no idea why his shoulders are so susceptible to injuries.

[QUOTE]Probably repetitive throwing motion. Might break down the shoulder quicker.[/QUOTE]
    [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Chad Penningtons career is over. This is the best thing that could have happened for the Phins, and I mean that with all due respect.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]I want to cry!

[QUOTE]Me too..every time I remember we could have gotten Willis.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE] echo everyone's words on Pennington, he's a class act, even in NY, and made 2008 one of the best ever.

So, what Free Agent should they pick up? JP Losman's available (yuck) Brooks Bollinger is a Parcells guy, right?[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f2/espn-breaking-news-chad-pennington-out-for-season-257967.html[/url]

[QUOTE=Warfish;3279320]I take no enjoyment in this news.

While VERY happy to no longer have Chad as our QB, for this very reason among others, I feel for him as a human being, and (rare in sports) a seemingly good and decent one at that.[/QUOTE]

Seems like a great guy that will not quit.

Glad the Patriots don't have to deal with him this year.

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3279354]I know it's not rational, but it's how I feel. I never want any player--with the exception of Brady, Wilfork, Jason Taylor, Hines Ward and a few others--to get seriously injured, but I am left feeling cold about Chad. Hopefully, he heals, and makes it back as starting QB for the Dolphins, leading them to a 2-14 record in 2010.[/QUOTE]

You stay classy. :yes:

His career is OVER.................

let him sign a ONE DAY contract with the JETS so he can retire a JET!

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;3279568]His career is OVER.................

let him sign a ONE DAY contract with the JETS and [B]cut him before he can announce his retirement[/B][/QUOTE]

fixed :P

jk, i feel sorry for Chad to have it end like this, but it was the story of his career. nothing surprising really, but still, it sucks.

[QUOTE=MACPAC;3279554]You stay classy. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Always.
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3279568]His career is OVER.................

let him sign a ONE DAY contract with the JETS so he can retire a JET![/QUOTE]

If he burns his Dolphins jersey at Gate D, yes.

Banned
    Chad will make one hell of a coach someday.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3279643]Chad will make one hell of a coach someday.[/QUOTE]
    Beat me to it.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3279273]Once he chose to play in Miami, Chad was dead to me. I feel bad, but not too much as it dooms the Fins.[/QUOTE]

Ok so the Jets give him a release. He goes to the team that is run by the guy who drafted him and you hold that against him.

I have always liked Chad except for when we play against him. If surgery is required he should retire. Why should he sustain damages that can effect his life after football.