Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New guitar amp just delivered. What should I get for test drive?

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3282858]What's the story (bad blood) with you and CTM?[/QUOTE]

just good clean message board fun. I think most of his opinions suck but I don't wish it any ill will.

[QUOTE=Pac2566;3283293]just good clean message board fun. I think most of his opinions suck but I don't wish [B]it [/B]any ill will.[/QUOTE]

LOL. You are both awesome. I wish CTM would post here more.

[QUOTE=freestater;3283269]Screw bourbon. Spend the money, get the Glenlivet. Go with the 16-year. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm I LOVE scotch.

Some reason, the single malts don't do a thing for me.

Ever try Pinch?

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3283296]LOL. You are both awesome. I wish CTM would post here more.[/QUOTE]

In a train wreck kind of way I do too. ;)

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3283298]Hmmmm I LOVE scotch.

Some reason, the single malts don't do a thing for me.

Ever try Pinch?[/QUOTE]

Nope.

I dig blends and singles. I'm not a picky lush. ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Timmy- this thread inspired me.

In honor of your new amp, I went out and bought a big old bottle of Maker's Mark. :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3283498]Timmy- this thread inspired me.

In honor of your new amp, I went out and bought a big old bottle of Maker's Mark. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Good stuff Stokes, enjoy.

Freestater, did you ever try Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3283559]Good stuff Stokes, enjoy.

Freestater, did you ever try Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA?[/QUOTE]

Did you just re-awaken?

How did the wife react to your beer spilling?

What tunes did you play?

C'mon man.:rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3283559]Good stuff Stokes, enjoy.

Freestater, did you ever try Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA?[/QUOTE]
    Yes I did! As a matter of fact, I recall saying to myself, "now who the hell recommended I try this...?"

Back to the amp....what do you think? The honeymoon review

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jman21;3284494]Back to the amp....what do you think? The honeymoon review[/QUOTE]

First thing I noticed is you can get any sound at any volume. Sound is good really low too, and I need that. As for really loud, I don't know because so far I've just played it my small place...and this lamp gets surprisingly loud. Not for metal guys...without effects anyway. I haven't tried any pedals. Great tone of course. I have to get the hang of the reverb though and I'm wondering if I needed it. Not a lot of natural distortion or heavy low end and that's fine with me. The sound is just "bigger" and "wider" than I expected though, so thankfully everything comes together at low volume. So far so good.

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3283075]That Red Iron looks cool, I like basic amps without a lot of controls too.

Red Iron makes relic amps? I've never seen that

On second thought, I guess they aren't technically relics. Very rustic.[/QUOTE]

Sorry just saw your post...

Yeah, the 5 watter is cool... no tone robbing features, mine is all black with old iron and vintage transformers and tube rectification... looks like an old beat up thing... but it's actually very solid, point to point wired + all the switches are heavy duty, and I have some really nice old tubes to play with too... The more knobs - the less I play and the more I fiddle, so this thing is perfect for me.

I had a Fargen Mini-Plex combo with Weber blue dog which was pretty cool... Ben makes a nice, classy amp. I decided to keep the 5 watter though... it's less crunchy but clearer more hi-fi sounding + more bluesy.
    The vintage cab/speaker blows the Weber away too...

Red Iron - Paul Sanchez worked for Kendrick before branching out on his own... Sorry, don't know about the Relic question...

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Monsterxman;3285508]and I have some really nice old tubes to play with too... [/QUOTE]

Oh man don't even get me started on old NOS russian, czech tubes etc. I'm going to assume Dr. Z knows more about tubes than me. I'm always switching tubes around like some sort of addict. Sometimes I make everything worse and then can't remember the setup for the way I liked it .:D

Veteran
    id never buy a combo.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=ListerFiend;3285599]id never buy a combo.[/QUOTE]

yet you cheat on s***