Offhand, these are what the lines may look like:

Higgins-Prospal-Gaborik
    Avery(Injured)-Dubinsky-Callahan
    Kotalik-Anisimov-Drury
    Brashear-???-???

Redden-Roszival
    Staal-Girardi
    Gilroy-Del Zotto

I just read a story about Girardi being the suck throughout TC and preseason...WTF? This guy was supposed to be a sure thing...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's Go Devils!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boyle will center the 4th line and Voros is going to see time. He had a great preseason....again.

Gilroy is going to be a great offensive D-Man but holy **** in his own zone you may want to cover your eyes.

The D needs Lundqvist to stand on his head a lot and as said by everyone, a healthy Gaborik is the key to the season.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very scared for this year. Especially with Henrik playing a whole 2 weeks for team Sweden during the olympics. No way is Gaborik playing more than 50 games. That signing wiill eventually kill them.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Let's Go Devils!
    Not surprised that you would feel the need to do that.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    ......sorry.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Boyle will center the 4th line and Voros is going to see time. He had a great preseason....again.

Gilroy is going to be a great offensive D-Man but holy **** in his own zone you may want to cover your eyes.

The D needs Lundqvist to stand on his head a lot and as said by everyone, a healthy Gaborik is the key to the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Avery View Post
    Very scared for this year. Especially with Henrik playing a whole 2 weeks for team Sweden during the olympics. No way is Gaborik playing more than 50 games. That signing wiill eventually kill them.
    I think this team has a lot more offensive potential than last year's team. Obviously, Gaborik's health is a key element but I also like the additions of Higgins, Prospal and Kotalik and I believe Anisimov can surprise. Don't forget Lisin. And I'd like to see Grachev up with the team at some point. Our 4th line might actually get some points this year unlike in years past with Betts, Orr and Hollweg/Sjostrom.

The defense is another story altogether. Sather's ridiculous decision to sign Redden and Rozsival last summer handcuffed the team. Had he had some foresight like Donnie Walsh, he could have waited and had a legitimate shot at Komisarek or Bouwmeester (two young impending UFA's), either one of which would have been a vast improvement over Redden and Rozsival combined! I think Girardi will be OK. Some players hit a wall when going through a new rigorous training camp and I think that may be the case with him. Once he gets his legs, I think he'll be fine. But Redden, Rozsival and Semenov (who I hear will be signed) scare the begeezus out of me. It could be a long season if our D can't hold the fort.

Hank is the key obviously and regrettably, IMO, the Rangers once again go with Vally as the backup.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    ......sorry.
    Sorry...but you hit the submit button anyway. I know you're relatively new and all but not a very cool move.

I respect the other teams boards when it's an "official thread." In fact, you'll notice I made some fair Islander-related comments in the Islanders thread without being a troll.

But since you brought it up...I wonder how Marty likes the taste of Rangers a** in the playoffs?

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Post Thanks / Like
    barry melrose is picking the Flyers and Blackhawks in the Finals this season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I started an official Devils thread for those of you who decided to troll here in the Rangers thread.

http://jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200240

Anyway, as we've all heard a million times already, Rangers season relies heavily on Gaborik's health. It's really hard for me to make a prediction because I have no clue how many games he will play. What is a sure thing, is Henrik between the pipes. That alone will give you a shot in every game. If Gaborik stays healthy for a good chunk of the season, I think the Rangers and Devils will finish with similar records. I think they will both be seeded in the 5-8 spots.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I started an official Devils thread for those of you who decided to troll here in the Rangers thread.

http://jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200240

Anyway, as we've all heard a million times already, Rangers season relies heavily on Gaborik's health. It's really hard for me to make a prediction because I have no clue how many games he will play. What is a sure thing, is Henrik between the pipes. That alone will give you a shot in every game. If Gaborik stays healthy for a good chunk of the season, I think the Rangers and Devils will finish with similar records. I think they will both be seeded in the 5-8 spots.
    I think the Rangers will be boom or bust. Yes Gaborik is a big key to the boom and I think this team is potentially much more solid offensively than it was set up to be last year. Again, I think the defense will be the key. Hank can't stop all the breakaways and the 2 on 1's. So the bust will come from either the failure of the defense or Gaborik's inability to stay on the ice. If both occur, then it's over Johnny.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBensAngel7 View Post
    barry melrose is picking the Flyers and Blackhawks in the Finals this season.
    I'm almost 100% sure that Barry Melrose has rarely, if ever, made an accurate prediction since he's been a commentator.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Gaborik is actually healthy all year (LOL) I think a 4 seed is a legit possibility. He reminds a lot of Jagr in his own zone.

I expect nice years from: Dubinsky, Callahan, Higgins, Prospal, Gilroy, Girardi

Disappointments from: Kotalik, Anisimov, Del Zotto, Drury

My bold prediction is Redden continues the very nice form he had in the post-season. People don't realize it but he may have been our best D-Man against Washington

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    If Gaborik is actually healthy all year (LOL) I think a 4 seed is a legit possibility. He reminds a lot of Jagr in his own zone.

I expect nice years from: Dubinsky, Callahan, Higgins, Prospal, Gilroy, Girardi

Disappointments from: Kotalik, Anisimov, Del Zotto, Drury

My bold prediction is Redden continues the very nice form he had in the post-season. People don't realize it but he may have been our best D-Man against Washington
    Once Gabby starts putting up the numbers, teams are going to really start taking liberties. One, he's fragile and won't hold up, and two, we have no one who can really answer the bell. "Huggy Bear" Braschear was a lousy signing when we had other younger options, Voros cannot fight. and Avery won't (and shouldn't have to play that role, save for the occasional dust-up).

I'm worried about this team's toughness and ability to stay healthy (Gabby, Drury and King Henry specifically). Drury better get his game going this year...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

THIS

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by morite View Post
    Once Gabby starts putting up the numbers, teams are going to really start taking liberties. One, he's fragile and won't hold up, and two, we have no one who can really answer the bell. "Huggy Bear" Braschear was a lousy signing when we had other younger options, Voros cannot fight. and Avery won't (and shouldn't have to play that role, save for the occasional dust-up).

I'm worried about this team's toughness and ability to stay healthy (Gabby, Drury and King Henry specifically). Drury better get his game going this year...
    IDK, Brashear is still a scary dude. I don't think anyone really WANTS a piece of him. According to hockeyfights.com, he had 11 fights last season. He won 7 lost 2 and had 2 draws. So he's still pretty effective in that department.

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'm almost 100% sure that Barry Melrose has rarely, if ever, made an accurate prediction since he's been a commentator.
    i think you might be correct. and the other guy, whose name i cant think of right now is picking the capitals and sharks.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBensAngel7 View Post
    i think you might be correct. and the other guy, whose name i cant think of right now is picking the capitals and sharks.
    You might be referring to Buccigross? Anyway, I think Barry's always got coaching in the back of his mind. So he pumps up a team, like the Flyers, to get to the Finals. Plants a seed. Then, when they don't, it makes their coach look like a failure. Enter...Barry Melrose!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    You might be referring to Buccigross? Anyway, I think Barry's always got coaching in the back of his mind. So he pumps up a team, like the Flyers, to get to the Finals. Plants a seed. Then, when they don't, it makes their coach look like a failure. Enter...Barry Melrose!
    Haha, it was either Buccigross or that d!ckhead, Matthew Barnaby. I didn't watch their predictions because I really don't care, but I know the three of them are always on together.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    0-1. but I saw some things I liked in this game, mainly the attention to an aggresive, offensive style play. These guys haven't been playing together for very long, so hopefully after a few weeks they'll start gelling and scoring some goals. Gaborik looks like a serious goal scorer. 40 plus should be expected if he stays healthy. I think he's capable of scoring 50 plus. Dubinsky looked good as did Lisin and Gilroy.