Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official '09-'10 NY Rangers Thread***

Washington has looked crazy so far. Hopefully we can keep up with them.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Think it's in Washington. Love Thursday night games though. Excellent prelude to the weekend.
    Oh yeah, just noticed that. Love Thursday games too for that exact same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Avery View Post
    Washington has looked crazy so far. Hopefully we can keep up with them.
    Hell if the Rangers come out flat, Torts will get in that a$$ like he did last game. I love that he calls guys out and holds them accountable. They recalled Grachev from the Pack tonight because Cally has an upperbody injury from the morning skate today. We could see Grachev, Anisimov & Linsin tonight if Cally can't go.

Veteran
    Awesome Win! Rangers are flying out there and best of all they benched Rozi for sucking more than normal. Gabs release is unbelievable and Cally was out of his mind on the PK and the goal. Hank gets a mulligan on that goal. Overall great team win but way too many penalties tonight.
    3 game win streak!

To quote Jay Feely

"YAY"
    Last edited by jetsnrangers; 10-08-2009 at 10:15 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I'm not an overly religious man but...PLEASE GOD WATCH OVER MARIAN GABORIK AND LET HIM STAY HEALTHY THE ENTIRE SEASON. Amen.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'm not an overly religious man but...PLEASE GOD WATCH OVER MARIAN GABORIK AND LET HIM STAY HEALTHY THE ENTIRE SEASON. Amen.
    Amen brother~!

Through the first two periods I was starting to get pissed at some of Gaborik's missed opportunities- and still he goes out and scores 2. If he stays healthy for an entire season I think he could score 60+.

Veteran
    Ducks Vs Rangers

LETS GO RANGERS

Another great day of Hockey at the Garden!

It's time for Dubi to throw a couple in tonight, Vally getting his first win and for Brashear to give Parros a beatin!

where did avery fit in the lines, i know voros sa, but hwat are/were the lines for today

Veteran
    Gabs Dubi Prospal
    Higgins Drury Cally
    Avery Anisimov Linsin
    Brashear Boyle Kotalik

Quote Originally Posted by jetsnrangers View Post
    Gabs Dubi Prospal
    Higgins Drury Cally
    Avery Anisimov Linsin
    Brashear Boyle Kotalik
    i love the top 2 lines i was hopin Torts wouldnt mess with em although i could see avery flourishin with callahan and drury

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp View Post
    i love the top 2 lines i was hopin Torts wouldnt mess with em although i could see avery flourishin with callahan and drury
    I know what you mean, the funny thing is that Higgins is the vet version of Cally. That 2nd line are all grinders, Avery will do well with AA and Linsin but you never know what Torts might do to shake things up. The suprise for me is Boyle, this kid is a worker. He's on the pk and works really hard everytime he's on the ice. I'm really excited about this years team under Tort's.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I know what you mean, the funny thing is that Higgins is the vet version of Cally. That 2nd line are all grinders, Avery will do well with AA and Linsin but you never know what Torts might do to shake things up. The suprise for me is Boyle, this kid is a worker. He's on the pk and works really hard everytime he's on the ice. I'm really excited about this years team under Tort's.
    I might have been premature on the Boyle bashing...although I still think a 3rd round pick is too much to give for a 4th liner. With Avery back, Voros may not see the ice for a very very long time.

this team has me very excitied, like i said before the top 2 lines i love Now with avery back he slots into the 3rd, Torts has a hrad job at hand gettin good ice time for everyone, i dunno if i would drop lisen or Kotalik to the 4th line, both have there pros and cons, i guees in the long run it would be more beneficial to devolp Lisin but Kotalik has been good so far

This team is playing some damn good hockey right now. Its nice to see Vally get a shutout too.

Veteran
    Wow! Now that was a beating. Toronto ran into a buzzsaw last night, and the D scored 4 goals? This is not the Rangers of the past. New coach new philosophy....hmm, this sounds very familiar.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Wow! Now that was a beating. Toronto ran into a buzzsaw last night, and the D scored 4 goals? This is not the Rangers of the past. New coach new philosophy....hmm, this sounds very familiar.
    DVR'd the game and haven't watched it but saw the highlights on the NHL Network (thank God for them! screw ESPN). This is an aggressive buzzsaw offensive team. I hope the Dmen and forwards can do their job when we play the faster teams who like to counter quickly, like the Flyers and Pens. Our goaltending has been phenomenal but we all know that can wane as the season moves along and you get into January and February. And the Olympics concern me again because of the way that affected Hank last time. But it's exciting to watch these guys. That conditioning that Torts put them through is definitely paying dividends.

Anybody know of a good UES bar to watch Rangers games at? Hockey is an underappreciated sport and "The back page", where I have gone twice, puts it on only the small TV's (They've been showing too much of that fake game called baseball lately...)

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JayTPenny View Post
    Anybody know of a good UES bar to watch Rangers games at? Hockey is an underappreciated sport and "The back page", where I have gone twice, puts it on only the small TV's (They've been showing too much of that fake game called baseball lately...)
    Sorry Jay, I have Directv so I watch at home. VES, not familiar what is that?
    Another impressive by King Henrik last night. It's great to see goal support for this guy, last year with Renny's system and the personnel that the Rangers had 2 goals and you would hold on for dear life the rest of the game. This year does not seem that scoring is an issue. This is the most exciting team I can remember the Rangers putting on the ice since 93-94 and I've been watching them for 35+ years. The rooks on the blueline play like they've been in the show for a few years and Gabs, geez, I knew he was fast but the release he has is rediculous. I was a goalie in the AHL(injury shortened career) and never faced a guy that came close to that type of hidden release. Even Hank said that Ovechkin and Gabs are the only 2 guys that he's faced that get that type of velocity on a snap or wrister. The future looks bright for this team as long as they stay healthy.

All Pro
    Sorry Jay, I have Directv so I watch at home. VES, not familiar what is that?
    Another impressive by King Henrik last night. It's great to see goal support for this guy, last year with Renny's system and the personnel that the Rangers had 2 goals and you would hold on for dear life the rest of the game. This year does not seem that scoring is an issue. This is the most exciting team I can remember the Rangers putting on the ice since 93-94 and I've been watching them for 35+ years. The rooks on the blueline play like they've been in the show for a few years and Gabs, geez, I knew he was fast but the release he has is rediculous. I was a goalie in the AHL(injury shortened career) and never faced a guy that came close to that type of hidden release. Even Hank said that Ovechkin and Gabs are the only 2 guys that he's faced that get that type of velocity on a snap or wrister. The future looks bright for this team as long as they stay healthy.
    Think he means Upper East Side. Wish I could help JayT but I mostly know downtown and midtown.

Gaborik is ridiculous. Easily the most talented Ranger since Jagr.

UES= Upper east side. Still looking for a bar in the area or anywhere in the city. There's got to be some kinda hockey/rangers bar somewhere no?