Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bruce is back in Jersey

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Bruce is back in Jersey

Bruce kicks off a weeklong stand at Jets Stadium tonight:yes: Anyone going over the next few days? Im going October 9th for sure and possibly this Friday also.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I'm going, the SOB is playing an album, in song order for his shows...alternating back and forth each night starting w/ Born to Run ,then Born in the USA....you can guess which album i'm gonna hear.I think by the 9th it might be a regular show....you are lucky.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;3283237]Bruce kicks off a weeklong stand at Jets Stadium tonight:yes: Anyone going over the next few days? Im going October 9th for sure and possibly this Friday also.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Apache 51;3283302]Yeah I'm going, the SOB is playing an album, in song order for his shows...alternating back and forth each night starting w/ Born to Run ,then Born in the USA....you can guess which album i'm gonna hear.I think by the 9th it might be a regular show....you are lucky.....[/QUOTE]

I've been offered tix for this Friday night--any idea which album he'll be up to?

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3283453]I've been offered tix for this Friday night--any idea which album he'll be up to?

_[/QUOTE]

This Friday is Darkness on the Edge of Town!!!!!! Thats why I might have to do it, if for nothing else to hear Racing in The Streets which is a top 3 Bruce song imo.

The October 9th show im going to is Born in The USA which I gotta say has me a bit bummed out. Actually im none to pleased with the whole album thing. Not that I think it is a bad idea, but there is no need to do BTR and BITUA two times.

Here is the whole "Album" sequence

Wed, Sep 30 - Born to Run
    Fri, Oct 2 - Darkness on the Edge of Town
    Sat, Oct 3 - Born in the U.S.A.
    Thur, Oct 8 - Born to Run
    Fri, Oct 9 - Born in the U.S.A.
    Last edited by Ruby2; 09-30-2009 at 08:10 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;3283460]This Friday is Darkness on the Edge of Town!!!!!! Thats why I might have to do it, if for nothing else to hear Racing in The Streets which is a top 3 Bruce song imo.

The October 9th show im going to is Born in The USA which I gotta say has me a bit bummed out. Actually im none to pleased with the whole album thing. Not that I think it is a bad idea, but there is no need to do BTR and BITUA two times.

Here is the whole "Album" sequence

Wed, Sep 30 - Born to Run
    Fri, Oct 2 - Darkness on the Edge of Town
    Sat, Oct 3 - Born in the U.S.A.
    Thur, Oct 8 - Born to Run
    Fri, Oct 9 - Born in the U.S.A.[/QUOTE]

Wow, Darkness. Now THAT I could go for. And Racing is my favorite cut off that album, followed by Candy's Room. Hell, the whole album is great.

I would love to see Asbury Park or Wild Innocent.

Born In the USA would bum me out :D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3283482]Wow, Darkness. Now THAT I could go for. And Racing is my favorite cut off that album, followed by Candy's Room. Hell, the whole album is great.

Born In the USA would bum me out :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah those two would be awesome.

Im excited to hear BITUSA the song, because I think it is vastly under rated and pretty rarely played over the last 10 years. Other than that though:zzz:

Hopefully he throws some rarities in there to end it right.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3283482]Wow, Darkness. Now THAT I could go for. And Racing is my favorite cut off that album, followed by Candy's Room. Hell, the whole album is great.

Born In the USA would bum me out :D[/QUOTE]

now you are dreaming....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have one ticket for sat 10/3 pm me if interested...$80 face.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;3283490]Yeah those two would be awesome.

Im excited to hear BITUSA the song, because I think it is vastly under rated and pretty rarely played over the last 10 years. Other than that though:zzz:

Hopefully he throws some rarities in there to end it right.[/QUOTE]

"I'm Goin Down" is one of my Bruce faves... he very rarely plays it live, but for some reason, at The 'Zod in May, he did... I loved it.

I actually had a ticket for Thursday the 8th, but my buddy who just started work in New Orleans got a couple of days off on the 9th and 12th. Since I will be starting a career relatively soon, that weekend is probably going to be my only chance to make a trip. Between Friday flight prices and being able to get the most out of the weekend, I am flying down the morning of the 8th.

Since I didn't buy the tickets, I believe it's in the process of being sold. But if anybody is looking for a single ticket in the second tier, send me a PM, and I MIGHT (key word: might) be able to hook it up for face. All depends on if it's sold or not.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I might have 2 GA's for tomorrow night's show. We went last night and it was pretty awesome but wife isn't feeling too good today. If someone is interested let me know. I live 10 minutes from the stadium and can meet anytime.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I'm going to try and go to the Last Show on the 9th. I found people online selling GA's at Face Value. If Bruce did a 3 Hour and 15 Minute show last night, one can only imagine how long the last concert will be!

I'm not thrilled for Born in the USA but I'm sure Bruce will throw some great songs in there towards the end.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was at the Wed show and loved the fact that he played Born to Run "top to bottom". You really can't beat Thunder Road - 10th - Night - Backstreets - BTR - She's the One.

I did feel like bc he played the entire album the pacing of the show was off. Considering he's playing the Meadowlands (can't refer to it as Giants stadium) he should of come out rocking to start....but to play Seeds - Johnny 99 - Atlantic City to kick off a stadium show I felt like he really alienated the crowd. I'm going to a couple more so hopefully he changings things up a bit.

Although BITUSA isn't one of my favorites I think it'll make for a "fun" stadium show w/ tracks like Darlington County, Working on the Highway, I'm goin' Down, Dancin', Glory Days.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3283482]

[/QUOTE]

About ten years ago I saw Bruce in Chicago. After dozens of shows he finally played the one song I always wanted to here, New York City Serenade. After my disbelief I settled in to enjoy the song, only to hear six cackling chicks talking above the music about six rows behind me. They were there to hear Dancing in the Dark, Glory Days etc. I stood on my chair and told them to "shut the f* up" A few people clapped and said "yeah". (Wife tugging on back of my shirt by the way) They shut up, except for one b**** who said something to her friend. I couldn't hear her, but it looked something along the lines of "what's that a-hole's problem".

I went back to her and asked why she thought people would pay eighty bucks to hear her squealing voice. I told her that I shouldn't hear anybody six rows away when music was playing and told her to shut the f* up.
    She wasn't so brave then and shut up.

Point is, you don't want to hear Wild or Asbury because inconsiderate morons would ruin the quieter songs for you.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3285570]About ten years ago I saw Bruce in Chicago. After dozens of shows he finally played the one song I always wanted to here, New York City Serenade. After my disbelief I settled in to enjoy the song, only to hear six cackling chicks talking above the music about six rows behind me. They were there to hear Dancing in the Dark, Glory Days etc. I stood on my chair and told them to "shut the f* up" A few people clapped and said "yeah". (Wife tugging on back of my shirt by the way) They shut up, except for one b**** who said something to her friend. I couldn't hear her, but it looked something along the lines of "what's that a-hole's problem".

I went back to her and asked why she thought people would pay eighty bucks to hear her squealing voice. I told her that I shouldn't hear anybody six rows away when music was playing and told her to shut the f* up.

Point is, you don't want to hear Wild or Asbury because inconsiderate morons would ruin the quieter songs for you.[/QUOTE]

They wouldn't ruin it for me Timmy, I would punch them in the phukin mouth...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3285570]About ten years ago I saw Bruce in Chicago. After dozens of shows he finally played the one song I always wanted to here, New York City Serenade. After my disbelief I settled in to enjoy the song, only to hear six cackling chicks talking above the music about six rows behind me. They were there to hear Dancing in the Dark, Glory Days etc. I stood on my chair and told them to "shut the f* up" A few people clapped and said "yeah". (Wife tugging on back of my shirt by the way) They shut up, except for one b**** who said something to her friend. I couldn't hear her, but it looked something along the lines of "what's that a-hole's problem".

Point is, you don't want to hear Wild or Asbury because inconsiderate morons would ruin the quieter songs for you.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I have tickets for Bruce tonight....unfortunately not Springsteen doing Darkness, Hornsby doing who knows what. :bangwall:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3285570]They shut up, except for one b**** who said something to her friend. I couldn't hear her, but it looked something along the lines of "what's that a-hole's problem".

[/QUOTE]
    I take it you did not have an experience similar to that guy at the Cowboys game after that...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have dealt with 100 squeling idiots if it meant i got to see NYC Serenade.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3285816]I take it you did not have an experience similar to that guy at the Cowboys game after that...[/QUOTE]

I pretty much used to tell people to shut up during movies and concerts all the time-although much less up here thankfully. You people are like savages

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;3285818]I would have dealt with 100 squeling idiots if it meant i got to see NYC Serenade.[/QUOTE]

That's how I felt. This was ten years ago when he wasn't playing old stuff like he is these days, it was a big deal and my favorite song.

If he ever plays Lost in the Flood for me, I'll probably knock out the chatterboxes.