Thread: University of Florida prepared for zombie apocalypse

University of Florida prepared for zombie apocalypse

i miss college... :(

[url]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33130861/ns/us_news-weird_news/?GT1=43001[/url]

[QUOTE][B]University ready for flesh-eating zombie attack
    All set for hurricanes? Check. Pandemics? Check. Living dead? Check.
    [/B]

GAINESVILLE, Fla. - No one expects a zombie apocalypse. But the University of Florida is making sure officials are ready for a night of the living dead, just in case.

The school has a plan for responding to the undead on its Web site among outlines for dealing with hurricanes and pandemics.

The exercise lays out how university officials would respond to attacks by "flesh-eating, apparently life impaired individuals." It notes that a zombie outbreak might include "documentation of lots of strange moaning."

A University of Florida spokesman says the exercise was written by an employee to "add a little bit of levity" to disaster preparation discussions.

[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    [B]"documentation of lots of strange moaning."[/B]

poor criteria, especially in dorms.

Howza bout eating of human brains directly from skulls?

[QUOTE=quantum;3285720][B]"documentation of lots of strange moaning."[/B]

poor criteria, especially in dorms.

Howza bout eating of human brains directly from skulls?[/QUOTE]

I have to agree that the article itself was weak, although it had enormous potential.

however, the fact that UF would go as far as to jokingly prepare for a Zombie Apocalypse just that zombie awareness has increased tremendously over the past few months :yes:

i'd like to take a minute to thank freestater for helping me promote this oh-so-important cause... it's only a matter of time, folks. if teh machinez don't get us first, the damn undead will :mad:

Banned
    I am amazed that a ZOMBIE thread could be this much of a dud. Leave it to Dirtsnatch to suck the life out of zombie awesomeness... pun intended.

[QUOTE=Dr. Zaius;3286393]I am amazed that a ZOMBIE thread could be this much of a dud. Leave it to Dirtsnatch to suck the life out of zombie awesomeness... pun intended.[/QUOTE]

hey, we all have our hits and misses... and teh hamper is full of the latter.

at least i didn't have to invent a whole different personality to get people to dig [I]some[/I] of my posts...

hey now ;) :D

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Dirt, you missed the link to sign up for intro to NINJA101, "If we equip our students with ninja like skills, an infestation can be avoided"

Dean Werner

[QUOTE=BURGERMIKE;3286450]Dirt, you missed the link to sign up for intro to NINJA101, "If we equip our students with ninja like skills, an infestation can be avoided"

Dean Werner[/QUOTE]

lol, missed that one, that's fn great :D

and yeah, Ninja skills would definitely help...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Im not sure if Montclair offers the same coarse, you may be SOL.

Just sayin..

[QUOTE=Dirtstar;3286405]hey, we all have our hits and misses... and teh hamper is full of the latter.

at least i didn't have to invent a whole different personality to get people to dig [I]some[/I] of my posts...

hey now ;) :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've never been able to find my thread starting mojo. Apparently nobody has anything in common with me. I'm e-cursed for sure.:mad:

[QUOTE=HessStation;3286517]Yeah I've never been able to find my thread starting mojo. Apparently nobody has anything in common with me. I'm e-cursed for sure.:mad:[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200424[/url]

Case in point. And for this, Vincenzo Testeverde, you will always hold a soft spot in my heart.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=HessStation;3286524][url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200424[/url]

Case in point. And for this, Vincenzo Testeverde, you will always hold a soft spot in my heart.[/QUOTE]

Hess- that was pretty pitiful. :D

[QUOTE=JStokes;3286530]Hess- that was pretty pitiful. :D[/QUOTE]

Oh God I tried. Oh, how I tried. :(