Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No olympics for Chicago

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Guido Monzino;3285715]I was actually starting to root against Chicago. That whole Oprah/Obama high and mighty crap was nauseating this week. Especially Oprah. I'd like to break her teeth.[/QUOTE]

+ a fillion!! :cool:
    What an annoying, over-exposed hag.

And Oprah??? Another story all together!!

:D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3285761]I beleive NYC lasted until the second round of voting- and that was even after the stadium had been nixed...[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I couldn't remember.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Guido Monzino;3285715]I was actually starting to root against Chicago. That whole Oprah/Obama high and mighty crap was nauseating this week. Especially Oprah. I'd like to break her teeth.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=FF2®;3285747]I don't like Oprah either. But isnt there a better way to express this? Because I know you don't mean this.[/QUOTE]

Er, after her tiresome grandstanding for the chosen one and her race-fueled temper tantrum at not being allowed to shop in a closed Hermes store in Paris....I know exactly how Guido feels.:cool:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Several lives were just spared since uninformed tourists won't be staying on Chicago's west side to save a few bucks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3285775]Er, after her tiresome grandstanding for the chosen one and her race-fueled temper tantrum at not being allowed to shop in a closed Hermes store in Paris....I know exactly how Guido feels.:cool:[/QUOTE]

You wouldn't want to here her say."Please welcome 32Guh-re-e-e-e-e-e-n?"

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

you'll enjoy the headline on Drudge....

[url]http://www.drudgereport.com/[/url]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good news.

The Olympics, like the U.N., as a cash-loser. And the supposed "prestige-value" is a pile of PR spin BS.

That, and it's funny to see the Savior fall on his face on this one. All talk, no results, thats our Mr. President. Can't even pass a bill with a super-majority in every part of Government, now this. Lol.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3285785]You wouldn't want to here her say."Please welcome 32Guh-re-e-e-e-e-e-n?"[/QUOTE]

Iffin she said from a hospital bed with a plate of her teeth laying on the table next to her, sure.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3285797]Iffin she said from a hospital bed with a plate of her teeth laying on the table next to her, sure.[/QUOTE]
    what if she gave you a washing machine?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3285778]Several lives were just spared since uninformed tourists won't be staying on Chicago's west side to save a few bucks.[/QUOTE]

Which part of town was Leroy Brown from? I'd stay away from there too...sounds "Hinky"....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3285798]what if she gave you a washing machine?[/QUOTE]

I'd call her "beard" husband Steadman to come pick it up.

I'm not some dumb, bored housewife that can be bought off with gifts and being welcomed into the drama of her yearly weight loss scams.

She's despicable.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3285801]Which part of town was Leroy Brown from? I'd stay away from there too...sounds "Hinky"....[/QUOTE]

South side of Chicag
    Meanest part of town

But as someone who took a commuter train through the west side for 16 years,
    west is worse

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meh... would've been good for some construction jobs, lots of steel work, etc...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3285810]yearly weight loss scams.

[/QUOTE]

Fat Oprah and Fat Richard Simmons giving weight loss advice. S'up wit dat?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3285814]Meh... would've been good for some construction jobs, lots of steel work, etc...[/QUOTE]

The problem is whatever they where going to build probably would of never been used again.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3285810]I'd call her "beard" husband Steadman to come pick it up.

I'm not some dumb, bored housewife that can be bought off with gifts and being welcomed into the drama of her yearly weight loss scams.

She's despicable.[/QUOTE]
    just checking your integrity

:D

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh, another "post-politics forum, cranky whiners thread to make catty condescending remarks about Obama! Don't we all love these!

Yay, Chicago didn't get the Olympics! It shows Obama is a terrible, arrogant president! Lets celebrate! Nothing like dancing in defeat brothers...:rolleyes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3285814]Meh... would've been good for some construction jobs, lots of steel work, etc...[/QUOTE]

Like all the shovel-ready Stimulus spending....oh, wait. Oops.

[QUOTE=SDJETS;3285824]Lets celebrate! Nothing like dancing in defeat brothers...:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I am celebrating, less tax wasted on stupid BS is always good. Obama looking like a fool (and wasting how much taxpayer money and fuel emissions to fly him and his wife there?) is only a bonues. Because with all the problems right now, the Olympics was his top priority?

Lets be honest SD< how would you have responded if Bush took time away from working on Afganistan Policy at this vital time, to go whore for his corrupt-ass hometown (and probably some personal gain to boot) getting a tax-money-hemoraging sports event?
    Last edited by Warfish; 10-02-2009 at 12:03 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chicago is very lucky to have lost the bid. The Olympics is a classic example of the winner's curse. Read any article/ journal of economist Andrew Zimbalist. The amount of debt that amasses doesn't justify the economic impact. London officials seriously regret their bid for 2012 as they are in a horrible economy right now and have spent well over budget. There is no cost/ benefit analysis done for these bids (similar to the massive stimulus bill). The plan would have been way over budget for Chicago if they won.

[url]http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2009/10/02/economic-benefits-of-hosting-olympics-are-few/[/url]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3285793]you'll enjoy the headline on Drudge....

[url]http://www.drudgereport.com/[/url][/QUOTE]

I enjoyed it.