Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No olympics for Chicago

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3285826]Like all the shovel-ready Stimulus spending....oh, wait. Oops.

I am celebrating, less tax wasted on stupid BS is always good. Obama looking like a fool (and wasting how much taxpayer money and fuel emissions to fly him and his wife there?) is only a bonues. Because with all the problems right now, the Olympics was his top priority?

Lets be honest SD< how would you have responded if Bush took time away from working on Afganistan Policy at this vital time, to go whore for his corrupt-ass hometown (and probably some personal gain to boot) getting a tax-money-hemoraging sports event?[/QUOTE]
    [SIZE=1] valerie jarrett[/SIZE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3285762]more than it cost to fly his wife over first, separately.....[/QUOTE]

what a waste.... did she take air force one too??

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3285826]Like all the shovel-ready Stimulus spending....oh, wait. Oops.[/QUOTE]

Ummm, Warfish. My company has 5 large construction projects going because of the stimulus. We're building a 113 unit apartment building in Rochester, a 40 unit affordable housing building for veterans in the town I live in, a 85 home sub-development for veterans in Pennsyltucky, a 140 unit apartment building in NYC and a 30 unit home for disable seniors in Buffalo. All of these projects were dead in the water when the economic sh*tstorm hit last year because we lost our investors.

Now, because of the TARP program, the banks we do business with deem the projects acceptable for investment for tax credit purchase purposes.
    :confused:

And the company I work for is small.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3285844]Ummm, Warfish. My company has 5 large construction projects going because of the stimulus. We're building a 113 unit apartment building in Rochester, a 40 unit affordable housing building for veterans in the town I live in, a 85 home sub-development for veterans in Pennsyltucky, a 140 unit apartment building in NYC and a 30 unit home for disable seniors in Buffalo. All of these projects were dead in the water when the economic sh*tstorm hit last year because we lost our investors.

Now, because of the TARP program, the banks we do business with deem the projects acceptable for investment for tax credit purchase purposes.
    :confused:[/QUOTE]

yeh....its' gonna keep unemployment at 8%....just look at today's job numbers...:rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3285795]Good news.

The Olympics, like the U.N., as a cash-loser. And the supposed "prestige-value" is a pile of PR spin BS.

That, and it's funny to see the Savior fall on his face on this one. All talk, no results, thats our Mr. President. Can't even pass a bill with a super-majority in every part of Government, now this. Lol.[/QUOTE]

Agree totally. Obama decided to have the recent G20 in Pittsburgh and that turned out to be a fiasco. Cost the city big bucks in security and damage, school closings and store closings because of threats.

He put himself on the line here and I have to believe being the first one out means the voters objected to him and Queen Michelle's arrogance. And maybe he is not as popular as everyone thinks.
    Ahmadenijad will have fun with this one discussing nukes with the Chosen One.
    To date, not one single thing of any importance has been achieved in his regime. Let's do 100 things at once to look busy. Unimportant to achieve, just try. The new American way.
    But he did have a date night in Copenhagen. It is a great city.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    I await with baited breath Oprahs take on this.

Methinks she will react as she did when the Hermes store wouldnt open just for her.

Her sense of entitlement and importance will be pushed to dark places.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Flagman5A;3285839]what a waste.... did she take air force one too??[/QUOTE]

don't know it was Air Force One, but it was one of the presidential planes:

[url]http://www.suntimes.com/sports/olympics/1798541,michelle-obama-copenhagen-olympic-093009.stng[/url]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3285844]Ummm, Warfish. [B][U]My company[/U][/B] has 5 large construction projects going because of the stimulus. We're building a 113 unit apartment building in Rochester, a 40 unit affordable housing building for veterans in the town I live in, a 85 home sub-development for veterans in Pennsyltucky, a 140 unit apartment building in NYC and a 30 unit home for disable seniors in Buffalo.[/quote]

Good for YOU! I am personally very happy you have job security Plumber, as I always liked you. Nice to see you endorce your own personal gain, as I knew you'd become a good Capitalist Pig some day!:D

[QUOTE]All of these projects were dead in the water when the economic sh*tstorm hit last year because we lost our investors.[/QUOTE]

I doubt you know any of that for sure. You're a Third-Plumber-to-the-Left, not an Senior Accountant or Capital Finance guy (not a criticism, just a fact).

I doubt you have any idea how much "Stimulus" money your company got for the project, if any at all, and are simply related rumour and anecdote as fact.

[quote]Now, because of the TARP program, the banks we do business with deem the projects acceptable for investment for tax credit purchase purposes.
    :confused:[/QUOTE]

Wanna bet? Banks havn't changed their protective policies on who they lend to because of TARP, matter of act if anything they've become far stricter with who they approve for capital loans. If your projects got loans, the bank felt they were viable economically, not because "they got TARP". Your :confused: seems warranted here.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3285849]I await with baited breath Oprahs take on this.

Methinks she will react as she did when the Hermes store wouldnt open just for her.

Her sense of entitlement and importance will be pushed to dark places.[/QUOTE]

There will be hell to pay. Gayle is going to have one sore butt.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;3285747]I don't like Oprah either. But isnt there a better way to express this? Because I know you don't mean this.[/QUOTE]

What? She can't afford new teeth?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3285861]There will be hell to pay. Gayle is going to have one sore butt.[/QUOTE]

lol "oh no oprah, not the nine headed hydra strap on....I'm delicate"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chicago is in no way ,shape or form to hold anything. I didn't understand the big push for this city in the first place.48 mil down the drain.....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank God the IOC voters decided to stick it to obama (and thats EXACTLY what happened)...the London '12 games are already BILLIONS over budget and have 2+ years left to go before opening ceremonies. I enjoy the Olympics and all, but as a taxpayer, I'm glad I won't be on the hook for even MORE spending, and subsidizing MASSIVE Chicago corruption in the process....

As for "jobs and constuction projects" that will be missed out on by Valerie Jarrets development company, the SEIU , and Acorn-style "Community Organization" projects, I don't think I'll lose any sleep. Maybe some of those "Community Organizers" can somehow organize a way to keep the kids in their neighborhoods from killing each other with blunt objects, their disregard for education, and the expectation of government care for everything in their lives.
    Last edited by Jet_Engine1; 10-02-2009 at 12:45 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Guido Monzino;3285862]What? She can't afford new teeth?[/QUOTE]

No, I'm sure she can.

I can't stand the woman and get a laugh at her expense. But I don't like that it's acceptable (even on the interwebz) to talk like that.

I'm an old fuddy duddy on my soap box I guess.

(shakes cane) © 2009 32Green

Carry on.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Must be Bush's fault.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol, there's just some things i'll never understand.

but whatevs...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;3285894]Must be Bush's fault.[/QUOTE]

funny you mention that....I remember certain JI liberals crying on the old political forum that NYC would never get the olympics because the world hated Bush....

your post may be their excuse this time around....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Guido Monzino;3285715]I was actually starting to root against Chicago. That whole Oprah/Obama high and mighty crap was nauseating this week. Especially Oprah. I'd like to break her teeth.[/QUOTE]

Ya I could see the entire Olympics turning into the Oprah - Obama show.

No one needs to see that.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Rio wins...toldya....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3285913]Rio wins...toldya....[/QUOTE]

They wanted it the most

Anyone thinking of going please buy a money belt