Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: No olympics for Chicago

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;3286198]LA hosted the Olympics and made a small profit. Jus' sayin'.[/QUOTE]

I heard Athens is still tryin' to unload their velodrome. Maybe LA would buy it.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;3286198]LA hosted the Olympics and made a small profit. Jus' sayin'.[/QUOTE]

I believe SLC did as well...if run properly they will make a profit...

but a serious question; with obama (and please don't tell me he would not be running the show) would the Olympics be run in a way such as LA where they made a small profit or Montreal, which is still digging out from the debt of '76???

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;3285885]No, I'm sure she can.

I can't stand the woman and get a laugh at her expense. But I don't like that it's acceptable (even on the interwebz) to talk like that.

I'm an old fuddy duddy on my soap box I guess.

(shakes cane) © 2009 32Green

Carry on.[/QUOTE]

Didn't you once say you were going to shoot at anyone with NY license plates attempting to cross the Sagamore Bridge?
    :rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3286083]how does it feel to hate America?

(by the way Mr. President visited with McCrystal on AF1 so it wasn't a complete waste of time. )[/QUOTE]

I doubt many on this site hate America. Many of us just see Obama as the fraud that he is. A "suit" who has accomplished nothing so far. Is weak and accomodates oppressive governments - 'OK Russia, no anti missile systems". " OK, we destroy all our nukes if you do, us first, of course". "OK, Iran, we'll give you just one more chance to stop your nuke program. Well maybe more than one chance". "Korea, how big a bribe do you need?".

As far as Gen. McCrystal, this is the first time Obama has talked to him in 4 months since Gen. McCrystal was appointed to head our military in Afghanistan - pretty sorry since it is supposed to be a major focus.

But let's have date night in NY and a cocktail party every Thursday in the White House (fact).

The whole Chicago Olympics thing was wrapped around corruption with Valerie Jarrett (Obama family friend and confidant) looking to make many millions and the Obamas being beneficiaries. Mayor Daley was also in on the Copenhagen action. You don't think the world knew the score on this one. Chicago went out first because the voters said no to a crook(s).

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;3286245]I doubt many on this site hate America. Many of us just see Obama as the fraud that he is. A "suit" who has accomplished nothing so far. Is weak and accomodates oppressive governments - 'OK Russia, no anti missile systems". " OK, we destroy all our nukes if you do, us first, of course". "OK, Iran, we'll give you just one more chance to stop your nuke program. Well maybe more than one chance". "Korea, how big a bribe do you need?".

[B]As far as Gen. McCrystal, this is the first time Obama has talked to him in 4 months since Gen. McCrystal was appointed to head our military in Afghanistan[/B] - pretty sorry since it is supposed to be a major focus.

But let's have date night in NY and a cocktail party every Thursday in the White House (fact).

The whole Chicago Olympics thing was wrapped around corruption with Valerie Jarrett (Obama family friend and confidant) looking to make many millions and the Obamas being beneficiaries. Mayor Daley was also in on the Copenhagen action. You don't think the world knew the score on this one. Chicago went out first because the voters said no to a crook(s).[/QUOTE]

Compare this to the number of times he has spoken to Delaney in the past 4 months about the Olympics. Priorities seem to be out of line. :(

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=eric1520;3286260]Compare this to the number of times he has spoken to Delaney in the past 4 months about the Olympics. Priorities seem to be out of line. :([/QUOTE]

Cut him a little slack, will ya? The guy has been really busy having beers with a cop and dealing with the Kanye situation.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    An Australian IOC member feels all Asian members agreed to vote against Chicago in an effort to get Tokyo into the second round.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3286266]An Australian IOC member feels all Asian members agreed to vote against Chicago in an effort to get Tokyo into the second round.[/QUOTE]

as noted before I've been to the games four times...I can tell you this- there is still a bad taste in people's mouths the way the voting for the '96 Olympics went down....

they felt those games should've gone to Athens in celebration of the Olympic centennial- instead Atlanta put a huge commercial pitch out there and won the bid...they said afterwards Coca-Cola won over tradition...(btw- Atlanta was the WORST host city of the four olympics I went to)....

it was a bad idea for obama to go both- bad idea on a domestic and foriegn front- this was easy to predict....and considering today's jobs reports he's gonna pay dearly at home....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;3286245]Many of us just see Obama as the fraud that he is. A "suit" who has accomplished nothing so far. [/QUOTE]

Losing an election to such a traitor/fraud/empty suit would be like the Jets losing to Oakland in week 7. Should/would the Jets spend the next week saying how much Oakland sucks the balls...or should/would they turn their eyes inward and figure out how they f*cked THAT one up?

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3286275]as noted before I've been to the games four times...I can tell you this- there is still a bad taste in people's mouths the way the voting for the '96 Olympics went down....

[B]they felt those games should've gone to Athens in celebration of the Olympic centennial- instead Atlanta put a huge commercial pitch out there and won the bid...they said afterwards Coca-Cola won over tradition...(btw- Atlanta was the WORST host city of the four olympics I went to)....[/B]

it was a bad idea for obama to go both- bad idea on a domestic and foriegn front- this was easy to predict....and considering today's jobs reports he's gonna pay dearly at home....[/QUOTE]

i have to agree with you. i was there during that time, and the construction and stuff was a mess, not to mention trying to take MARTA downtown to the games.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3286083]how does it feel to hate America?

(by the way Mr. President visited with McCrystal on AF1 so it wasn't a complete waste of time. )[/QUOTE]

Hating Obama's Policies = Hating Ameria, eh?

So Obama IS America. Just like those indoctrinated school kids were singing!

An interesting position for you to take Mr. Bitonti, given your history.

And it feels fine, for the record.

By the way, hows that supermajority treating you Libs these days? Must suck to have ALL the actual power, and still be unable to end any Wars, pass any Laws, or get anything done outside bankrupting the Nation and going on Olympic trips while we hover at 15% real Unemployement. OH, that and allowing Iran to have Nukes. Congrats on that one too.

Obama flied and Americans (and the environemnt, and the economy) died.

I won't lie, since I have no power as a Libertarian to stop things, I do enjoy loling at the uberfail that is the Big Talker Little Do'er Obama.

(You're right Bit, being in the minority and sniping IS fun!):yes:

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those of you who can't help yourselves and made this into a political discussion just made me close this thread.

Be patient, Sooth is working on a new political forum.