Thread: Ted Williams' Head

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Ted Williams' Head

According to a new book, after he died, Teddy Baseball was decapitated by non-medical personel using "crude" instruments in order for his head to be cryogencally frozen....later, his frozen, severed head was used for "Batting Practice" by persons working at the "cryogenics facility". :eek:

WTF?!

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I heard that. Some maintenance worker was taking practice cuts at Ted's dome using a monkey wrench.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3286721]Yeah, I heard that. Some maintenance worker was taking practice cuts at Ted's dome using a monkey wrench.[/QUOTE]

Actually, there was a more plausible explanation. A tuna can freeze-dried to the head. A common post-life affliction with severed, frozen heads.

[I][B]"Williams' head was being transferred from one container to another when the monkey wrench incident took place, Johnson said in the book. When the head was removed from the first container, Johnson described it.

"The disembodied face set in that awful, frozen scream :eek:looked nothing like any picture of Ted Williams I've ever seen," he wrote.

Johnson said that an Alcor employee tried in vain to remove the tuna can.

"Then he grabbed a monkey wrench, heaved a mighty swing, missing the tuna can completely but hitting the head dead center,' Johnson wrote. "Tiny pieces of frozen head sprayed around the room.:yes:"[/B][/I]

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/news/story?id=4524957[/url]

God bless his loving son, John Henry. GOd bless him

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Must of been a yankee fan lol, but thats just wrong:eek:

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3286758]Actually, there was a more plausible explanation. A tuna can freeze-dried to the head. A common post-life affliction with severed, frozen heads.

[I][B]"Williams' head was being transferred from one container to another when the monkey wrench incident took place, Johnson said in the book. When the head was removed from the first container, Johnson described it.

"The disembodied face set in that awful, frozen scream :eek:looked nothing like any picture of Ted Williams I've ever seen," he wrote.

Johnson said that an Alcor employee tried in vain to remove the tuna can.

"Then he grabbed a monkey wrench, heaved a mighty swing, missing the tuna can completely but hitting the head dead center,' Johnson wrote. "Tiny pieces of frozen head sprayed around the room.:yes:"[/B][/I]

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/news/story?id=4524957[/url]

God bless his loving son, John Henry. GOd bless him[/QUOTE]

:eek:

Holy crapballs. That's even worse than how I described it.

No, seriously though... this is CLEARLY a legitimate scientific operation. "Hey, Jimmy -- you got another tuna can? This head is sittin' kinda lopsided!"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url=http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10062/6k70opf.gif][IMG]http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10062/6k70opf.gif[/IMG][/url]

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    And yet another reason to be disgusted with humanity.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B]Remove the tuna can[/B]...WTF does that mean? What were they doing with Tuna cans?

:Note to self - strike [I]"crygenic freezing"[/I] from will