Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews perv busted

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Erin Andrews perv busted

FBI: Man arrested in ESPN reporter nude video case

LOS ANGELES – A Chicago-area man arrested at O'Hare airport who is accused of taping surreptitious nude videos of ESPN reporter Erin Andrews was due to appear in federal court late Saturday morning, authorities said.

Michael David Barrett was arrested Friday night as he arrived on a flight from Buffalo, N.Y., the FBI said. He faces federal charges of interstate stalking for taking the videos, trying to sell them to celebrity Web site TMZ and posting the videos online, the FBI said in a statement.

Several TV networks and newspapers aired brief clips or printed screen grabs from the videos in July.

Andrews thanked FBI agents and federal prosecutors for their work on the arrest and said she hoped the case will eventually help others who have been similarly victimized.

"For my part, I will make every effort to strengthen the laws on a State and Federal level to better protect victims of criminal stalking," she said in a statement early Saturday.

The charges against Barrett were filed in Los Angeles, where TMZ is based and where Andrews first became aware of the videos. She is identified in the federal complaint as E.A.

Andrews' attorney, Marshall Grossman, said he called her Friday night with news of the arrest. She was greatly relieved, he said.

"I think she's probably sleeping more soundly tonight than she has since these videos surfaced," Grossman said.

FBI agents said seven of the eight videos posted online were taken through a modified door peephole while the 31-year-old Andrews was alone and undressed in hotel rooms in Nashville, Tenn., in September 2008.

[B][SIZE="4"]FBI agents said they believe Barrett called many hotels to find out where Andrews was staying and requested a hotel room next to hers. [/SIZE][/B]:eek:Investigators said the eighth video was likely taken at another hotel, which Andrews couldn't identify.

Agents said Barrett, 48, also made reservations at a Milwaukee hotel where she stayed in July 2008. They found her door's peephole similarly rigged, but he didn't check in at that hotel and the furniture in the room did not match furniture seen on the eighth video.

Barrett tried to sell the videos to TMZ, but an employee there informed Andrews' attorneys, according to the complaint.

FBI agents matched information in the e-mail to Barrett, and also examined telephone records and credit card charges from Barrett's Nashville hotel stay. Agents also concluded that the videos of Andrews could have been taken with a cell phone camera.

Barrett sought to place Andrews under surveillance to harass and intimidate her, and to cause substantial emotional distress, the federal complaint said. He faces up to five years in federal prison if convicted.

A message left at a phone listing for a Michael D. Barrett in Westmont, Ill., wasn't immediately returned Friday night.

Andrews has covered hockey, college football, college basketball and Major League Baseball for the network since 2004, often as a sideline reporter during games.

A former dance team member at the University of Florida, Andrews was named "sexiest sportscaster" by Playboy magazine in both 2008 and 2009. She has been referred to as "Erin Pageviews" because of the traffic that video clips and photos of her generate, and Playboy magazine named her "sexiest sportscaster" in both 2008 and 2009.

"This is clearly welcome news," ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz said of the arrest. "Our thoughts and support continue to be with Erin, who has demonstrated tremendous strength and determination."

The federal complaint said Andrews felt ashamed and embarrassed and has had trouble sleeping and breathing because of the videos. She has also been worried that more secretly taped footage will surface, the complaint said.

Grossman said by telephone Friday night that the videos appeared to have been taped by a serial stalker who followed Andrews from city to city.

"He wasn't an accidental tourist," he said. "He had her in his sights."

Grossman has said Andrews plans to file civil lawsuits against the person who shot the video footage and anyone who publishes the material. He said in a statement Saturday morning that Andrews has worked side by side with law enforcement and a private investigative firm to reconstruct events.

"Erin deserves significant credit for the progress made in solving this case," Grossman said.

Andrews, in an appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" last month, said she thought her career was over once the nude footage of her began circulating on the Internet.

"I kept screaming: 'I'm done. My career is over. I'm done. Get it off. Get it off the Internet,'" she said as she remembered talking to her father. "They thought I was physically injured, (that's) how bad I was screaming."

Andrews returned to the air Sept. 3 as the sideline reporter for ESPN's broadcast of South Carolina at North Carolina State. She is scheduled to work the Auburn-Tennessee game Saturday

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this is going to sound terrible and I'm not proud of it.

But at no point in this whole debacle did I ever feel an ounce of pity for this chick. I also believed she could have been in on it.

But even with this arrest, I'm oddly unmoved.

And yes, I would be outraged if this happened to my wife/sister/daughter, I'd prolly kill someone.

What does this say about me?:O

:dunno:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3287040]I know this is going to sound terrible and I'm not proud of it.

But at no point in this whole debacle did I ever feel an ounce of pity for this chick. I also believed she could have been in on it.

And yes, I would be outraged if this happened to my wife/sister/daughter, I'd prolly kill someone.

:dunno:[/QUOTE]

I don't know about you, but I'm just praying when he gets out he manages to get a sex tape or something

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3287040]I know this is going to sound terrible and I'm not proud of it.

That you're a husband/brother/father.

And a guy.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;3287044]That you're a husband/brother/father.

And a guy.[/QUOTE]

Meh....I never even saw the tape...never even looked for it, though I'm not denying she's a beautiful woman.

I think its more because I detest her "type" being forced into the televised sports business.

I dunno.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3287045][B]Meh....I never even saw the tape[/B]...never even looked for it, though I'm not denying she's a beautiful woman.

I think its more because I detest her "type" being forced into the televised sports business.

I dunno.[/QUOTE]

Me too, we need to change that. I'm a sucker for long legs.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

This chick has made a living showing off her barely wrapped legs and boobs-
    but she wants to say just how exactly much can be shown. Also, I saw her on Oprah and she is dumb as a post and extremely whiny. There are far more deserving journalists who should be doing her job. Not to mention the video is so crappy that it doesn't really show much more than what we see every week

It was wrong, but f* her. I couldn't care less.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Erin Andrews, and her ilk, are on ESPN for no other reason then sex appeal. If you took her sports knowledge and put it into a body such as the female equivalent of a Mike Francessa, she would not be on the air.

While I am not defending the acts of a sick perv, ESPN acts "shocked" and "outraged" that something like this would happen.

[B]Give me a break!! [/B] For all I care take the Erin Andrews of the world off the air and put on truly knowledgeable sportscasters (male or female) regardless of looks.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Female sideline reporters exist:

A) Because they satisfy hiring requirements. A company can always say "Look how many women reporters we hire!"

B) Because guys like to look at poorly hidden boobs and a pretty face.

What do female reporters say?

Things as enlightening as:

"I spoke to Mike Tomlin this week, and he says his guys are ready to go. They've been waiting for this matchup and cannot wait to compete against their rivals. Back to you Mike."

OR

Things as shocking as:

"I spoke to Rex Ryan, and, to my surprise, he sounded CONFIDENT. Very Confident, in fact. He said that its all a matter of making the right adjustments, and He said that he plans to make the right adjustments today. Wow! Back to you Dan."

Let me add this:

It is not men who subjugate the female sportscaster.

It is the inch-shallow captain-obvious reporting that subjugates the female sportscaster and makes her look "token," as if her hire was produced by the complaint of feminists. They report things that 6th graders can report.

As well as the fact that they won't hire you if you're over the age of 45 or ugly.

Epic "include women meaningfully" fail.

I want to add this:

I am not "angry" at anything but the spineless "need" to include women meaninfully in a football game.

Having ultra hot cheerleaders is inclusion enough.

I really don't even need a sideline reporter. I can figure out what's going on for myself. I understand the rules of football and the guys in the booth can handle injury reports just fine.

I also agree with Patriot Reign below me. I believe that a typical 8 x 12 cake sheet should be enough to bury a 5 x 8 plaque for Man of the Year.
    Last edited by GreenJoe; 10-03-2009 at 11:20 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    How big does the cake have to be in order to smuggle his 'Man of the Year' award into his prison cell?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatriotReign;3287104]How big does the cake have to be in order to smuggle his 'Man of the Year' award into his prison cell?[/QUOTE]

seriously.

dude shouldn't be going to jail, he should be getting a medal!!! ;)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stalkers are sickos and should be locked up for as long as possible.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ryan Boru;3287338]Stalkers are sickos and should be locked up for as long as possible.[/QUOTE]

jetsrule just called and wanted your address

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GreenJoe;3287101]
    Things as enlightening as:

"I spoke to Mike Tomlin this week, and he says his guys are ready to go. They've been waiting for this matchup and cannot wait to compete against their rivals. Back to you Mike."

[/QUOTE]

:yes::D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am in no way a fan of sideline reporters. Male or female. Having said that this guy is a sick bastid who really needed to be stopped. Someone like this escalates their behavior until a physical confrontation happens. In most cases the stallkee is at a severe disadvantage and typically is harmed. Glad they caqught him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Girls who film themselves, parade around in bikinis flaunting themselves, etc. would be easier to not feel sorry for. Erin didn't ask for this, she's not a Paris Hilton with a sextape, etc. so I'm pretty squarely in her corner on this one. I agree that her (and others) are clearly aided by their looks and their sports reporting capabilities leave something to be desired, but that doesn't mean her privacy should be violated.

This guy isn't someone who took pictures of her while she was topless in public while in Europe or something, it was through a fricken hole in a hotel wall. It's not like you can say, well she frolics around on nude beaches anyway so she's asking for it. If she wanted to flaunt it, she could, but she always seems to have chosen not to. I'm not sure I've ever seen her use her looks to get attention, it just so happens that her looks draw attention. She didn't start in bikinis or Playboy and leverage that into reporting. I'm not even sure she's done a photoshoot in a bathing suit. IMO, that's what makes this situation very different, not just legally, but morally.

All that said, she's hot and the body is a rockin'.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

If I've ever seen a desperate cry for help...this post is it. Get some help man. Talk to someone.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3287444]Girls who film themselves, parade around in bikinis flaunting themselves, etc. would be easier to not feel sorry for. Erin didn't ask for this, she's not a Paris Hilton with a sextape, etc. so I'm pretty squarely in her corner on this one. I agree that her (and others) are clearly aided by their looks and their sports reporting capabilities leave something to be desired, but that doesn't mean her privacy should be violated.

This guy isn't someone who took pictures of her while she was topless in public while in Europe or something, it was through a fricken hole in a hotel wall. It's not like you can say, well she frolics around on nude beaches anyway so she's asking for it. If she wanted to flaunt it, she could, but she always seems to have chosen not to. I'm not sure I've ever seen her use her looks to get attention, it just so happens that her looks draw attention. She didn't start in bikinis or Playboy and leverage that into reporting. I'm not even sure she's done a photoshoot in a bathing suit. IMO, that's what makes this situation very different, not just legally, but morally.

All that said, she's hot and the body is a rockin'.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=FF2®;3287456]If I've ever seen a desperate cry for help...this post is it. Get some help man. Talk to someone.[/QUOTE]

I just read Jetstreams beautiful defense of this woman and I'm still.....

unmoved.

So perhaps you are right. I'll talk to Petesjets in N.O.!!!!!

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like

:dunno:[/QUOTE]It says you like looking at women with world-class bodies...no shame in peeking at Erin. If you were looking at naked video of Robert Kraft's wife, then i'd be nervous.

On a related note - the guy that walks by my desk all the time wants to know what's up with Dawn Wells. I told him gtfo!

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;3287456]If I've ever seen a desperate cry for help...this post is it. Get some help man. Talk to someone.[/QUOTE]

LOL, then there's that perspective.