Thread: anybody been to new orleans??? visiting tips

Hall Of Fame

anybody been to new orleans??? visiting tips

hey there,

i am going to new orleans (ironically after last sunday) tomorrow to visit my buddy. he lives near tulane.

i've never been, and obviously, when i go to a new place, i want to get as full an experience as possible.

any tips? places to check out? i've heard both ****ty things and awesome things about the city... so i'm curious

thanks!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Bullitt245;3294520]hey there,

i am going to new orleans (ironically after last sunday) tomorrow to visit my buddy. he lives near tulane.

i've never been, and obviously, when i go to a new place, i want to get as full an experience as possible.

any tips? places to check out? i've heard both ****ty things and awesome things about the city... so i'm curious

thanks!![/QUOTE]

Carefull of the chicks with D*cks:yes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Bullitt245;3294520]hey there,

thanks!![/QUOTE]

Pay the meter. I got my car towed and had to go next to a public housing complex to get it back. There was one of those legendary streetball type basketball games going on with about 1,000 screaming people. I felt whiter than Jared from Subway.

Go back a few pages and check for threads involving JI members in New Orleans for last week's game. Here's where I always send folks going to [I]Nawlins[/I]:

Cafe Du Monde for beignets and chicory coffee;
    Mother's for their debris sandwich;
    Central Grocery for a muffaletta;
    Acme Oyster House for beer, oysters, and po boys; and
    Pascal's Manale for BBQ'd shrimp.

Have an awesome time.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3294776]Go back a few pages and check for threads involving JI members in New Orleans for last week's game. Here's where I always send folks going to [I]Nawlins[/I]:

Cafe Du Monde for beignets and chicory coffee;
    Mother's for their debris sandwich;
    Central Grocery for a muffaletta;
    Acme Oyster House for beer, oysters, and po boys; and
    Pascal's Manale for BBQ'd shrimp.

Have an awesome time.[/QUOTE]

Great... adding these all to my list... thanks

Whatever you do, go to Cafe du Monde on Decatur.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

yes....if they offer to shine your shoes don't fall for it...oh, and the club(s) that advertise "live orgies"- it's a sham...

Pat O'Briens for Hurricanes and Tony Moreno's New Orleans Italien Style Cuisine restaurant are reccomnended....

also take a trip across the Mississippi and go on an airboat ride through the bayou....of course if LSU is in town gotta drive the 1+ hours west to Baton Rouge for the game....:yes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3294985]yes....if they offer to shine your shoes don't fall for it[/QUOTE]

:D

How about this one,

"I bet you ten dollars I know what state you got your shoes in?"

Hall Of Fame
    will be sure to check out both cafe du monde and pat o briens

[QUOTE=Tyjets212;3294880]Whatever you do, go to Cafe du Monde on Decatur.[/QUOTE]

But don't proposition a biker named Ted...

He DOES NOT swing that way :nono: