View Poll Results: Spaten Octoberfest or Sam Adams Octoberfest?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spaten Octoberfest

14 56.00%
  • Sam Adams Octoberfest

11 44.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spaten Octoberfest or Sam Adams Octoberfest

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Spaten Octoberfest or Sam Adams Octoberfest

I just had my first six pack of Spaten Octoberfest this week. I have enjoyed Sam Adams Octoberfest for the last two years. These are the only two Octoberfest beers I have had and I personally like the Sam Adams Octoberfest a lot more. So what do you guys that have had both think?

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    well if you can get your hands on Blue Point Octoberfest its great...and Sam is probably the best around commercially

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just had some Beck's Oktoberfest last weekend which was outstanding. I'm going to give the Spaten a shot on Sunday.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spaten Oktoberfest.

All personal preference of course, but Spaten is my favorite beer (bought locally) and am not a fan of Sam.

Oktoberfest = German, gotta love the Spaten version.

I'd post a picture of it, but..well..never mind.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try Hacker-Pschorr, Octoberfest.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Spaten is AWESOME!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try some Natty Ice or Mlwaukee's Best.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll have to sample much more of each before I can make a decision on this one. I'll get back to you.:)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spaten. Its like a loaf of bread in a bottle. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://justbeer.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/sam-adams-winter-lager.gif[/IMG]

This will be around in November I believe and is my personal favorite for this time of the year. :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll have to try the Spaten, never had it. I've been sucking down the Sam Octoberfest the last week. Also got a six of Waschusett Blue, with a little box of blueberries to throw in the glass (4 bucks for about 17 blueberries in Syracuse in October...). Girly beer? Maybe, but tastes great.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SUJets1988;3296948]I'll have to try the Spaten, never had it. I've been sucking down the Sam Octoberfest the last week. Also got a six of Waschusett Blue, with a little box of blueberries to throw in the glass (4 bucks for about 17 blueberries in Syracuse in October...). Girly beer? Maybe, but tastes great.[/QUOTE]

SU- was just up on the Hill 2 weeks ago for the Maine game and to see my son.

I drank a LOT of Labatt's at The Varsity!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SyracuseJet;3296923][IMG]http://justbeer.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/sam-adams-winter-lager.gif[/IMG]

This will be around in November I believe and is my personal favorite for this time of the year. :yes:[/QUOTE]

+1!!! Awesome beer!!!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3296052]Spaten Oktoberfest.

All personal preference of course, but Spaten is my favorite beer (bought locally) and am not a fan of Sam.

Oktoberfest = German, gotta love the Spaten version.

I'd post a picture of it, but..well..never mind.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Jordy;3296314]The Spaten is AWESOME!!![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=quantum;3296890]Spaten. Its like a loaf of bread in a bottle. :D[/QUOTE]

Just back from food shopping. Amazingly, my A&P had Spaten Oktoberfest. It is chilling as I speak. I'll try to wait until Sunday to enjoy. BTW, a 12 pack was $14.99, which seemed like a good price. Right?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3297143]Just back from food shopping. Amazingly, my A&P had Spaten Oktoberfest. It is chilling as I speak. I'll try to wait until Sunday to enjoy. [B]BTW, a 12 pack was $14.99[/B], which seemed like a good price. Right?[/QUOTE]

Good price. Usually about $7.99 a six.

The first time I had Spaten (Premium), I had it on tap after a golf tournament and it was really hot out, and the beer was so cold and crisp I almost jizzed.

Ever since then, it's what I always grab.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3297159]Good price. Usually about $7.99 a six.

The first time I had Spaten (Premium), I had it on tap after a golf tournament and it was really hot out, and [B]the beer was so cold and crisp I almost jizzed.[/B]

Ever since then, it's what I always grab.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Thanks for your response on the price. I always like to get a deal. I'll let you know what I think once I crack one open.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Spaten off the tap in Munich(at the brewery)>>>> Sam Adams :yes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BURGERMIKE;3297286]Spaten off the tap in Munich(at the brewery)>>>> Sam Adams :yes:[/QUOTE]

Show off. For some reason, I don't like the finish on any Sam Adams brews I've tried. You can tell that it's a well crafted product, just not my style.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3297330]Show off. For some reason, I don't like the finish on any Sam Adams brews I've tried. You can tell that it's a well crafted product, just not my style.[/QUOTE]

Sorry fer the bragging. I only drink Sam Adams at airports. Usually supersized fer an extra buck.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sam Adam's used to be a good brewery, before they sold out and became all commercial like. I really dug their Ale many moons ago. Anyway, the ONLY Samuel Adam's beer I drink anymore is the Ocotober Fest and it is still fantastic. I had it on tap recently at Molly McGuires in Clark, NJ and it was almost magical. Within 2 weeks they were out of it for the season. Spaten is a solid beer if you like German beer. I used to drink Dinkel Aker on tap at a bar in Freeport (otto's) before I moved off the island to NJ. I gotta be in the mood for German (Pilsner) beers, usually in the summer time, and I usually gravitate to Irish Ales, micro's, or these days with $$ tight I will go with a standard domestic. To sum it up, I can not compare as I have yet to have the Spaten Octoberfest. Anyone want to send me a bottle?

Fitz