View Poll Results: Spaten Octoberfest or Sam Adams Octoberfest?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spaten Octoberfest

14 56.00%
  • Sam Adams Octoberfest

11 44.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spaten Octoberfest or Sam Adams Octoberfest

Spaten Octoberfest or Sam Adams Octoberfest

I just had my first six pack of Spaten Octoberfest this week. I have enjoyed Sam Adams Octoberfest for the last two years. These are the only two Octoberfest beers I have had and I personally like the Sam Adams Octoberfest a lot more. So what do you guys that have had both think?

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    well if you can get your hands on Blue Point Octoberfest its great...and Sam is probably the best around commercially

I just had some Beck's Oktoberfest last weekend which was outstanding. I'm going to give the Spaten a shot on Sunday.

Hall Of Fame
    Spaten Oktoberfest.

All personal preference of course, but Spaten is my favorite beer (bought locally) and am not a fan of Sam.

Oktoberfest = German, gotta love the Spaten version.

I'd post a picture of it, but..well..never mind.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Try Hacker-Pschorr, Octoberfest.

Jets Insider VIP
    The Spaten is AWESOME!!!

Banned
    Try some Natty Ice or Mlwaukee's Best.

I'll have to sample much more of each before I can make a decision on this one. I'll get back to you.:)

Jets Insider VIP
    Spaten. Its like a loaf of bread in a bottle. :D

[IMG]http://justbeer.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/sam-adams-winter-lager.gif[/IMG]

This will be around in November I believe and is my personal favorite for this time of the year. :yes:

I'll have to try the Spaten, never had it. I've been sucking down the Sam Octoberfest the last week. Also got a six of Waschusett Blue, with a little box of blueberries to throw in the glass (4 bucks for about 17 blueberries in Syracuse in October...). Girly beer? Maybe, but tastes great.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SUJets1988;3296948]I'll have to try the Spaten, never had it. I've been sucking down the Sam Octoberfest the last week. Also got a six of Waschusett Blue, with a little box of blueberries to throw in the glass (4 bucks for about 17 blueberries in Syracuse in October...). Girly beer? Maybe, but tastes great.[/QUOTE]

SU- was just up on the Hill 2 weeks ago for the Maine game and to see my son.

I drank a LOT of Labatt's at The Varsity!

[QUOTE=SyracuseJet;3296923][IMG]http://justbeer.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/sam-adams-winter-lager.gif[/IMG]

This will be around in November I believe and is my personal favorite for this time of the year. :yes:[/QUOTE]

+1!!! Awesome beer!!!!!

[QUOTE=JStokes;3296052]Spaten Oktoberfest.

All personal preference of course, but Spaten is my favorite beer (bought locally) and am not a fan of Sam.

Oktoberfest = German, gotta love the Spaten version.

I'd post a picture of it, but..well..never mind.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Jordy;3296314]The Spaten is AWESOME!!![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=quantum;3296890]Spaten. Its like a loaf of bread in a bottle. :D[/QUOTE]

Just back from food shopping. Amazingly, my A&P had Spaten Oktoberfest. It is chilling as I speak. I'll try to wait until Sunday to enjoy. BTW, a 12 pack was $14.99, which seemed like a good price. Right?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3297143]Just back from food shopping. Amazingly, my A&P had Spaten Oktoberfest. It is chilling as I speak. I'll try to wait until Sunday to enjoy. [B]BTW, a 12 pack was $14.99[/B], which seemed like a good price. Right?[/QUOTE]

Good price. Usually about $7.99 a six.

The first time I had Spaten (Premium), I had it on tap after a golf tournament and it was really hot out, and the beer was so cold and crisp I almost jizzed.

Ever since then, it's what I always grab.

[QUOTE=JStokes;3297159]Good price. Usually about $7.99 a six.

The first time I had Spaten (Premium), I had it on tap after a golf tournament and it was really hot out, and [B]the beer was so cold and crisp I almost jizzed.[/B]

Ever since then, it's what I always grab.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Thanks for your response on the price. I always like to get a deal. I'll let you know what I think once I crack one open.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Spaten off the tap in Munich(at the brewery)>>>> Sam Adams :yes:

[QUOTE=BURGERMIKE;3297286]Spaten off the tap in Munich(at the brewery)>>>> Sam Adams :yes:[/QUOTE]

Show off. For some reason, I don't like the finish on any Sam Adams brews I've tried. You can tell that it's a well crafted product, just not my style.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3297330]Show off. For some reason, I don't like the finish on any Sam Adams brews I've tried. You can tell that it's a well crafted product, just not my style.[/QUOTE]

Sorry fer the bragging. I only drink Sam Adams at airports. Usually supersized fer an extra buck.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Sam Adam's used to be a good brewery, before they sold out and became all commercial like. I really dug their Ale many moons ago. Anyway, the ONLY Samuel Adam's beer I drink anymore is the Ocotober Fest and it is still fantastic. I had it on tap recently at Molly McGuires in Clark, NJ and it was almost magical. Within 2 weeks they were out of it for the season. Spaten is a solid beer if you like German beer. I used to drink Dinkel Aker on tap at a bar in Freeport (otto's) before I moved off the island to NJ. I gotta be in the mood for German (Pilsner) beers, usually in the summer time, and I usually gravitate to Irish Ales, micro's, or these days with $$ tight I will go with a standard domestic. To sum it up, I can not compare as I have yet to have the Spaten Octoberfest. Anyone want to send me a bottle?

Fitz