Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 682

Thread: The wine corner

  1. #241
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy« View Post
    thanks for this, I just looked it up and I think it might be up my wife's alley.
    I'm going to look for it this evening.
    Not sure if this is a little too fruit forward for you, Timmy. It has that round grape, Zin "zing" which my wife and I are both enjoying. Plus, at this price, you can't go wrong. If she doesn't like the wine, use it for cooking.

    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I dont drink much wine, but your post reminded me of one i tried for Halloween and liked. Menage Trois. Its very trendy, maybe youve tried it......has the same 3 grape variety going on, although im not sure if it is the same 3 grapes as the one you posted. Looks good....ill keep an eye out.

    I have not tried this wine, but will see if they carry it by me. Thanks, sdj.

  2. #242
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,558
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Not sure if this is a little too fruit forward for you, Timmy.
    The more forward the fruit, the happier Timmmy is.

  3. #243
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    The more forward the fruit, the happier Timmmy is.
    LOL. Better than "backing into" the varietal, I guess.

  4. #244
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,558
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    LOL. Better than "backing into" the varietal, I guess.
    He goes all limp, doesnt fight it at all. That way, he can say it wasnt his idea.

    I didnt want this, I was attacked!



  5. #245
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,064
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    The more forward the fruit, the happier Timmmy is.

  6. #246
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,064
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Not sure if this is a little too fruit forward for you, Timmy. It has that round grape, Zin "zing" which my wife and I are both enjoying. Plus, at this price, you can't go wrong. If she doesn't like the wine, use it for cooking.

    she'll like it.

    i usually get her wine at the local mobil station and she's fine with it.

  7. #247
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,558
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy« View Post
    she'll like it.

    i usually get her wine at the local mobil station and she's fine with it.
    Wow..a regular Grace Kelly.

















    -

  8. #248
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy« View Post
    LOL! That image is priceless. I love how beer from Finast Supermarket uses "pure artesian well water". I don't remember the last time I would even have been in, or seen, a Finast.

    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy« View Post
    she'll like it.

    i usually get her wine at the local mobil station and she's fine with it.
    Let me know if she approves.

  9. #249
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,064
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Not sure if this is a little too fruit forward for you, Timmy. It has that round grape, Zin "zing" which my wife and I are both enjoying. Plus, at this price, you can't go wrong. If she doesn't like the wine, use it for cooking.

    I was not able to find the Cupcake blend, but I picked up a bottle of the Cupcake Cab. My wife enjoyed it immensely and she told me to thank you for the suggestion.

  10. #250
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Breckenridge, CO
    Posts
    3,781
    Post Thanks / Like

  11. #251
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy« View Post
    I was not able to find the Cupcake blend, but I picked up a bottle of the Cupcake Cab. My wife enjoyed it immensely and she told me to thank you for the suggestion.
    Glad she liked the wine, Timmy. Was the Cab any good?

  12. #252
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,064
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Glad she liked the wine, Timmy. Was the Cab any good?
    I only had a couple of small sips. I prefer that we each get our own bottles since we have different tastes, not to mention I want her to keep her mitts off my wine.

    Yes. It defintely had the characteristics I like in a cab. Although it was fruit forward, it seemed to have a darker fruit taste, maybe some blueberry. I'll say this even.. though an unsophisticated malt liquor drinker will stumble in and shoot off his mouth..but it seemed to have a mocha thing going on.

  13. #253
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,558
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy« View Post
    I I'll say this even.. though an unsophisticated malt liquor drinker will stumble in and shoot off his mouth..but it seemed to have a mocha thing going on.












































    -

  14. #254
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy« View Post
    I only had a couple of small sips. I prefer that we each get our own bottles since we have different tastes, not to mention I want her to keep her mitts off my wine.

    Yes. It defintely had the characteristics I like in a cab. Although it was fruit forward, it seemed to have a darker fruit taste, maybe some blueberry. I'll say this even.. though an unsophisticated malt liquor drinker will stumble in and shoot off his mouth..but it seemed to have a mocha thing going on.
    LOL. You two are like a vaudeville act.

    I drink an inexpensive C˘tes du Ventoux which you and your wife might enjoy. It's a 2009 La Vieille Ferme, which costs about $8. I spent Thanksgiving at my folks' home, so prepared my version yesterday. This wine's smooth tannins and spicy notes went perfectly with the meal.


  15. #255
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    2,866
    Post Thanks / Like
    The wild fires in Cali did a number on some wines a couple years ago. Some wines have a smoke flavor to them.

    A good red at a great price is the 2008 Indian Creek Zinfandel Mendocino. In addition to the typical zinfandel characteristics, there's also a smoke flavor and aroma. Not over-powering, and in my humble opinion, adds nicely to a zinfandel.

    About $12 a bottle. Not sure if it's in stores around here, but you can go to www.Navarrowine.com and order it there. They ship to most states.

    Edit: Just checked the navarro website. All sold out. You'll have to do some savvy internet shopping now!
    Last edited by Big L; 11-29-2010 at 03:48 PM.

  16. #256
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    The wild fires in Cali did a number on some wines a couple years ago. Some wines have a smoke flavor to them.

    A good red at a great price is the 2008 Indian Creek Zinfandel Mendocino. In addition to the typical zinfandel characteristics, there's also a smoke flavor and aroma. Not over-powering, and in my humble opinion, adds nicely to a zinfandel.

    About $12 a bottle. Not sure if it's in stores around here, but you can go to Navarro.com and order it there. They ship to most states.
    That sounds really strangely interesting, Big L. I'll look for it and let you know if I find it. Thanks for the tip.

  17. #257
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,390
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of my suppliers just left me 2 bottles this fine nectar. I'm not into champagne that much, but this is Gold.


  18. #258
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,390
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I dont drink much wine, but your post reminded me of one i tried for Halloween and liked. Menage Trois. Its very trendy, maybe youve tried it......has the same 3 grape variety going on, although im not sure if it is the same 3 grapes as the one you posted. Looks good....ill keep an eye out.

    A wine called "Menage Ó Trois". LOL

    I can picture you in the aisle with your wife

    "Hey honey, we should try this" wink-wink
    "Oh I don't know. I prefer white wine"


    -sigh-

  19. #259
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    20,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quite a different experience for me when I was in Australia last month. My home base so to speak where my brother and sis in law are living was in the middle of one of their wine making regions. One couldn't swing a stick around their head without hitting a winery/vineyard/cellar door.

  20. #260
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    2,866
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I dont drink much wine, but your post reminded me of one i tried for Halloween and liked. Menage Trois. Its very trendy, maybe youve tried it......has the same 3 grape variety going on, although im not sure if it is the same 3 grapes as the one you posted. Looks good....ill keep an eye out.

    If you can get to a Stew Leonard's Wine Shop, they have Menage a Trois.

    Also, they have a lot of wines you cant get in other stores.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us