Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: The wine corner

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy« View Post
    thanks for this, I just looked it up and I think it might be up my wife's alley.
    I'm going to look for it this evening.
    Not sure if this is a little too fruit forward for you, Timmy. It has that round grape, Zin "zing" which my wife and I are both enjoying. Plus, at this price, you can't go wrong. If she doesn't like the wine, use it for cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I dont drink much wine, but your post reminded me of one i tried for Halloween and liked. Menage Trois. Its very trendy, maybe youve tried it......has the same 3 grape variety going on, although im not sure if it is the same 3 grapes as the one you posted. Looks good....ill keep an eye out.

I have not tried this wine, but will see if they carry it by me. Thanks, sdj.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Not sure if this is a little too fruit forward for you, Timmy.
    The more forward the fruit, the happier Timmmy is.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    LOL. Better than "backing into" the varietal, I guess.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL. Better than "backing into" the varietal, I guess.
    He goes all limp, doesnt fight it at all. That way, he can say it wasnt his idea.

I didnt want this, I was attacked!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if this is a little too fruit forward for you, Timmy. It has that round grape, Zin "zing" which my wife and I are both enjoying. Plus, at this price, you can't go wrong. If she doesn't like the wine, use it for cooking.

she'll like it.

i usually get her wine at the local mobil station and she's fine with it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    she'll like it.

Wow..a regular Grace Kelly.

-

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL! That image is priceless. I love how beer from Finast Supermarket uses "pure artesian well water". I don't remember the last time I would even have been in, or seen, a Finast.

she'll like it.

Let me know if she approves.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I was not able to find the Cupcake blend, but I picked up a bottle of the Cupcake Cab. My wife enjoyed it immensely and she told me to thank you for the suggestion.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was not able to find the Cupcake blend, but I picked up a bottle of the Cupcake Cab. My wife enjoyed it immensely and she told me to thank you for the suggestion.
    Glad she liked the wine, Timmy. Was the Cab any good?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad she liked the wine, Timmy. Was the Cab any good?
    I only had a couple of small sips. I prefer that we each get our own bottles since we have different tastes, not to mention I want her to keep her mitts off my wine.

Yes. It defintely had the characteristics I like in a cab. Although it was fruit forward, it seemed to have a darker fruit taste, maybe some blueberry. I'll say this even.. though an unsophisticated malt liquor drinker will stumble in and shoot off his mouth..but it seemed to have a mocha thing going on.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    I I'll say this even.. though an unsophisticated malt liquor drinker will stumble in and shoot off his mouth..but it seemed to have a mocha thing going on.

-

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I only had a couple of small sips. I prefer that we each get our own bottles since we have different tastes, not to mention I want her to keep her mitts off my wine.

Yes. It defintely had the characteristics I like in a cab. Although it was fruit forward, it seemed to have a darker fruit taste, maybe some blueberry. I'll say this even.. though an unsophisticated malt liquor drinker will stumble in and shoot off his mouth..but it seemed to have a mocha thing going on.
    LOL. You two are like a vaudeville act.

I drink an inexpensive C˘tes du Ventoux which you and your wife might enjoy. It's a 2009 La Vieille Ferme, which costs about $8. I spent Thanksgiving at my folks' home, so prepared my version yesterday. This wine's smooth tannins and spicy notes went perfectly with the meal.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The wild fires in Cali did a number on some wines a couple years ago. Some wines have a smoke flavor to them.

A good red at a great price is the 2008 Indian Creek Zinfandel Mendocino. In addition to the typical zinfandel characteristics, there's also a smoke flavor and aroma. Not over-powering, and in my humble opinion, adds nicely to a zinfandel.

About $12 a bottle. Not sure if it's in stores around here, but you can go to www.Navarrowine.com and order it there. They ship to most states.

Edit: Just checked the navarro website. All sold out. You'll have to do some savvy internet shopping now!
    Last edited by Big L; 11-29-2010 at 03:48 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    The wild fires in Cali did a number on some wines a couple years ago. Some wines have a smoke flavor to them.

A good red at a great price is the 2008 Indian Creek Zinfandel Mendocino. In addition to the typical zinfandel characteristics, there's also a smoke flavor and aroma. Not over-powering, and in my humble opinion, adds nicely to a zinfandel.

About $12 a bottle. Not sure if it's in stores around here, but you can go to Navarro.com and order it there. They ship to most states.
    That sounds really strangely interesting, Big L. I'll look for it and let you know if I find it. Thanks for the tip.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of my suppliers just left me 2 bottles this fine nectar. I'm not into champagne that much, but this is Gold.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont drink much wine, but your post reminded me of one i tried for Halloween and liked. Menage Trois. Its very trendy, maybe youve tried it......has the same 3 grape variety going on, although im not sure if it is the same 3 grapes as the one you posted. Looks good....ill keep an eye out.

A wine called "Menage Ó Trois". LOL

I can picture you in the aisle with your wife

"Hey honey, we should try this" wink-wink
    "Oh I don't know. I prefer white wine"

-sigh-

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quite a different experience for me when I was in Australia last month. My home base so to speak where my brother and sis in law are living was in the middle of one of their wine making regions. One couldn't swing a stick around their head without hitting a winery/vineyard/cellar door.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

If you can get to a Stew Leonard's Wine Shop, they have Menage a Trois.

Also, they have a lot of wines you cant get in other stores.