Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: The wine corner

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Not too sweet?

I've read recently that it's not true that all Reislings are sweet, but the only ones I've tried--years ago--have been cloyingly so.

So much so that I've eschewed them ever since.

_
    All the reislings I've tried have been sweet.

Not too sweet?

I've read recently that it's not true that all Reislings are sweet, but the only ones I've tried--years ago--have been cloyingly so.

_
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    All the reislings I've tried have been sweet.
    Over the years, I have given plenty of Reislings and Gewürztraminers ample tastings. They are just too sweet for my palate.

This delicious South African white wine--Little J White, produced by Joostenberg--is my find of the Summer. It's a Chenin Blanc with a touch of Viognier, which balances off the acidity.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    This delicious South African white wine--Little J White, produced by Joostenberg--is my find of the Summer. It's a Chenin Blanc with a touch of Viognier, which balances off the acidity.

Thanks for waiting until Fall to let us know

_

Thanks for waiting until Fall to let us know

_
    I'm a dick. Actually, I wasn't posting for a while and hadn't thought about the thread until you folks fired it up. It would be perfect into the Fall, too, JS.

Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    When I offered you a drink - you told me that you are not drinking at all, you lying bustard.
    Is was the other stuff you offered me that scared me off.

Not too sweet?

_
    Yes they are def. sweet, some more than others. Mrs. FF2® loves them.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm a dick.

Somebody had to say it

_

Somebody had to say it

_
    Nice. What have you been drinking these days? Have you stopped into Suburban?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Yes they are def. sweet, some more than others. Mrs. FF2® loves them.
    If she likes sweet wine, try a Vin Santo which is an amber colored dessert wine from Tuscany. Sweet, but not cloyingly so.

Delicious.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Nice. What have you been drinking these days? Have you stopped into Suburban?
    I have been drinking gallons and gallons of Sav Blanc and Pinot Griggio in my "O" glasses with lots of ice. Think ice water with alcohol in it Bought a case of Timmy's Apremont a little while back and just finished my last bottle.

I am on-line now searching for the Little J, we have a little sunny bweather left.

Haven't been to Suburban in a while, if I can't fine the J near me, I'll stop in friday night on the way to the GFs

_

Hall Of Fame
    I'm a dick. Actually, I wasn't posting for a while and hadn't thought about the thread until you folks fired it up. It would be perfect into the Fall, too, JS.
    Just spoke to the local wine shop. They have the Little J white, I may go and grab a bottle tonite.

He said they also have the Little J red--have you tried that?

_

There's a really cool thread about southside returning with the funny videos... check it out!

I have been drinking gallons and gallons of Sav Blanc and Pinot Griggio in my "O" glasses with lots of ice. Think ice water with alcohol in it Bought a case of Timmy's Apremont a little while back and just finished my last bottle.

I am on-line now searching for the Little J, we have a little sunny bweather left.

Haven't been to Suburban in a while, if I can't fine the J near me, I'll stop in friday night on the way to the GFs

_
    I drank a ton of Pinot Grigio this Summer as well. The Italians seem to be doing a better job with it these days. I really enjoyed them.

Just spoke to the local wine shop. They have the Little J white, I may go and grab a bottle tonite.

He said they also have the Little J red--have you tried that?

_
    Have not tried their red. South African reds are always interesting.

The Little J white is just an inexpensive, every day wine. Hope you like it.

All League
    Exactly what I've been drinking this summer - Sauv Blanc with a couple of ice cubes. It's a shame to put ice in wine, but that's why I've been drinking the Barefoot Sauv Blanc. Cheap, and a couple ice cubes doesnt hurt. Now, I wouldn't put ice in a New Zealand sauv blanc...

Now that fall is returning, time to get back to the reds.

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    There's a really cool thread about southside returning with the funny videos... check it out!
    Self promotion, tsk tsk tsk...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Exactly what I've been drinking this summer - Sauv Blanc with a couple of ice cubes. It's a shame to put ice in wine, but that's why I've been drinking the Barefoot Sauv Blanc. Cheap, and a couple ice cubes doesnt hurt. Now, I wouldn't put ice in a New Zealand sauv blanc...

Now that fall is returning, time to get back to the reds.

Absolutely nothing wrong with a few cubes in a Sav Blanc or Pinot Griggio. Weird, the Bottle King near me only sells the Barefoot Sav in the 750 ml bottles, not the 1.5 L. Really creates cycle-time issues with having to uncork more often than I'd like to

Can't wait for that first really crisp cool day to break open a bottle of red. I don't thing I've had any since May.

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I'm not a wine drinker (I injured my pinky and can't hold a glass with it sticking up), but my father in law used to slam the wine at family get togethers. Ex-cop, gruff/funny, used to spin the wine in the glass, sniff then take a sip, then act impressed and proclaim "hmm....flaccid, yet mundane" in his best aristocrat impersonation. Cracked me up every time.

RIP Pops

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    I'm not a wine drinker (I injured my pinky and can't hold a glass with it sticking up), but my father in law used to slam the wine at family get togethers. Ex-cop, gruff/funny, used to spin the wine in the glass, sniff then take a sip, then act impressed and proclaim "hmm....flaccid, yet mundane" in his best aristocrat impersonation. Cracked me up every time.

RIP Pops
    Liver disease?

Too soon?

_

Hall Of Fame

Good recommendation Borgo. Nice, crisp, clean.

_

Good recommendation Borgo. Nice, crisp, clean.

_
    Am I the only one that sees the ironing? BTW, a southside not funny google search? What in the world did that turn up?!