Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: The wine corner

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Found this delicious rosÚ from France's Languedoc (80% Cinsault and 20% Syrah). With discount, cost me under $7, which is a steal for a wine of this quality.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Found this delicious rosÚ from France's Languedoc (80% Cinsault and 20% Syrah). With discount, cost me under $7, which is a steal for a wine of this quality.

Under $7??? Was that you under the bridge? I couldn't see the bottle through the paper bag.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Under $7??? Was that you under the bridge? I couldn't see the bottle through the paper bag.
    I'm laughing, but not sure why. Please explain.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm laughing, but not sure why. Please explain.
    Wine under $7? I actually drink yellow tail when I drink wine but thought I'd poke fun at the price. Slow week.....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Wine under $7? I actually drink yellow tail when I drink wine but thought I'd poke fun at the price. Slow week.....
    No offense taken. Just making sure of your post.

With a 20% discount, the final cost was $6.99/bottle. I'm telling you, it's a very nice sipping wine on a hot day. Quality defies it's price.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    eewwwwwwwwwwww the jets are not going to be very goood ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww....is that good whine?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    eewwwwwwwwwwww the jets are not going to be very goood ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww....is that good whine?
    It's a bit forward.

No offense taken. Just making sure of your post.

With a 20% discount, the final cost was $6.99/bottle. I'm telling you, it's a very nice sipping wine on a hot day. Quality defies it's price.
    What do you do to get a 20% discount? Frequent buyer club? Buy 2 cases at a time? Senior citizen discount? What? Drinkers like me need to know!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    It's a bit forward.

What do you do to get a 20% discount? Frequent buyer club? Buy 2 cases at a time? Senior citizen discount? What? Drinkers like me need to know!
    In my wine shop, you get the discount after buying 50 bottles. Then it's 10% off individual bottles and 20% off case(s).

Recently, I happened to be at a ShopRite in New Jersey (adjacent liquor store affiliated with the supermarket). They gave me 20% off a case just for asking.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to try a glass of this.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    A question for all you wine connoisseurs . . .

The largest grocery store in Texas has this wine on sale for $2.98 a bottle. I can't believe the price, but I read somewhere that Trader Joe's also sells a very cheap wine.
    Have you ever heard of Cul-de-Sac?
    If so, is it decent or nasty rotgut?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Lady View Post
    The largest grocery store in Texas has this wine on sale for $2.98 a bottle. If so, is it decent or nasty rotgut?
    Was the cost too prohibitive to find out for yourself? Orange Juice and Milk cost more.

-

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Was the cost too prohibitive to find out for yourself? Orange Juice and Milk cost more.

-
    She spent all her available cash on Mums. I don't know if you were aware of the price increase in Mums this year. Freakin' price gougers!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

The largest grocery store in Texas has this wine on sale for $2.98 a bottle. I can't believe the price, but I read somewhere that Trader Joe's also sells a very cheap wine.

Have not heard of Cul De Sac but I've tried a few of those three or four dollar wines - they're often not worse that many eight or nine dollar wines. Still, I don't want them. Best bang for your buck wines are from Argentina or Chile. I'd rather get a six dollar bottle from one of those countries. Especially Chile.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

trader Joes used to have Two Buck Chuck. I think, at least. And it was $2. Surprise.

Timmy's right - its no worse than some $8 bottles. But it's definately not a top tier wine.

I like how they call it Cul-de-Sac, make it sound fancy. It's the French word for Dead End.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy« View Post
    Have not heard of Cul De Sac but I've tried a few of those three or four dollar wines - they're often not worse that many eight or nine dollar wines. Still, I don't want them. Best bang for your buck wines are from Argentina or Chile. I'd rather get a six dollar bottle from one of those countries. Especially Chile.
    As well as France's Languedoc-Roussillon Region.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Borg, I had no idea there was Sancerre rose. Sancerre white wine is high on my list, but I rarely drink it because of the $$$. This was $27, but wife had a $20 gift certificate so I jumped all over it. When I opened it, the typical smell of strawberry and even bubble gum. That went away though, and it became an overpowering mineral wine, which I love. Seriously, there is so much mineral in this you'd think it sat on the bottom of a rusty well. I love it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

This guy personally squarshes each and every grape of Cul-de-Sac with his oozing, gout festered, bare feet.

He done put the sewer... in wine connoisseur.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    This guy personally squarshes each and every grape of Cul-de-Sac with his oozing, gout festered, bare feet.

He done put the sewer... in wine connoisseur.
    he'll also throw water on a yellow jacket nest for a few crackers

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lolololololol!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy« View Post
    Borg, I had no idea there was Sancerre rose. Sancerre white wine is high on my list, but I rarely drink it because of the $$$. This was $27, but wife had a $20 gift certificate so I jumped all over it. When I opened it, the typical smell of strawberry and even bubble gum. That went away though, and it became an overpowering mineral wine, which I love. Seriously, there is so much mineral in this you'd think it sat on the bottom of a rusty well. I love it.
    Me either, Timmy. I enjoy minerally wine, too.

Thanks for the suggestion. Will see if my wine shop carries any Sancerre rosÚ.