Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: The wine corner

Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Sometimes its not about you.

What Mrs. FF2® wants, Mrs. FF2® gets.
    When is that? Does your wife enjoy any other wines?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    LOL! I have tried many times--from very respected producers--but I just don't get this varietal. The overt sweetness fights with my palate.
    Some are drier than others, I once had a decent one from Germany. My wife likes the slightly sweeter ones, her favorite is a $7.99 job from our grocery store. Fine with me, more cash for my sophisticated palate.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Some are drier than others, I once had a decent one from Germany. My wife likes the slightly sweeter ones, her favorite is a $7.99 job from our grocery store. Fine with me, more cash for my sophisticated palate.
    Unfortunately, my wife is as big a wine lush as me. But we drink some cheap stuff occasionally which appeals at a certain level. Barefoot makes an inexpensive cabernet which is all jam, but somehow good.

Hall Of Fame
    Unfortunately, my wife is as big a wine lush as me. But we drink some cheap stuff occasionally which appeals at a certain level. Barefoot makes an inexpensive cabernet which is all jam, but somehow good.
    This has been my cheap cabernet for years, about eight bucks. Believe me, it's nothing to get fired up about, but pretty good for the money.

This has been my cheap cabernet for years, about eight bucks. Believe me, it's nothing to get fired up about, but pretty good for the money.

I've enjoyed the Santa Rita.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Are you girls listening to yourselves?

Seriously.

_

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Are you girls listening to yourselves?

Seriously.

_
    Oh, sssstop. We're cultured gentlemen. And don't get me started on my love of Lillet.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Oh, sssstop. We're cultured gentlemen. And don't get me started on my love of Lillet.

I dont think any of you actually drink any of this crap, you just know how to goggle wine bottle images to outdo eachother in snootiness.

Jets Insider VIP

My dad drinks this stuff and I tell the bartender to give him a tampon instead of a stirring straw.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    My dad drinks this stuff and I tell the bartender to give him a tampon instead of a stirring straw.
    Oh my, how uncouth.

_

Hall Of Fame

I've never seen that.

Do you ever go to Montreal? I'd think with your love of food you do. Southeast of Montreal they have a lot of apple places and some make cider and wine. This place makes ice win. Killer stuff. Very sweet, for sipping. Kind of expensive though. This place has many varieties, some made in whiskey barrels that release whisky aroma into the wine. This place is the best

http://www.domainepinnacle.com/us/products.html

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Just a head's up:

You can start stockpiling on 2009 Bordeaux as it's going to be a fantastic year. 2005 was excellent, except not much quantity. 2009 will have both: quantity and quality.
    Can you even get a good bottle of Bordeaux here in the States for under $20? I'm cheap, and I rarely pay over $20 for a bottle o vino, and I've tried a few Bordeaux's in that range, and not one of 'em compared to, say, a California Cabernet in the same price range.

All League
    Gotta hand it to VT, one great thing is you can shop aisles of wine at your local grocery store. No need to make a separate stop for booze and food.

All League
    Jeez I should have used multi quote...

Barefoot makes a good sauvignon blanc, too. Great value for the price.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Gotta hand it to VT, one great thing is you can shop aisles of wine at your local grocery store. No need to make a separate stop for booze and food.
    I often pick up her wine at the gas station too.

All League
    When the family heads up to VT for a get-away, we go the the Shaws. Pick up groceries for a few days, and almost accidentally wind up with a case or two of wine.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

That seems so beneath a man of your tastes, so....gauche.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    LOL. I don't know if you're Italian, but I am. Sunday mornings are all about the apéritif before eating and when the wine is served. (Of course, the cooks imbibe some of the grape at any time. ) In my folks' house, it was red vermouth with a twist of lemon (Cinzano, Martini & Rossi, or Noilly Prat), Champagne or sparkling wine, or Campari & soda.

Later in life, I discovered Lillet, which like vermouth, is a fortified wine, in this case with with citrus liqueurs. Over ice with a slice of orange, it makes a great apéritif. In my liquor store, it's about $14/bottle.

I've never seen that.

Do you ever go to Montreal? I'd think with your love of food you do. Southeast of Montreal they have a lot of apple places and some make cider and wine. This place makes ice win. Killer stuff. Very sweet, for sipping. Kind of expensive though. This place has many varieties, some made in whiskey barrels that release whisky aroma into the wine. This place is the best

http://www.domainepinnacle.com/us/products.html
    My wife and I like to have Lillet as an apéritif on Fall/Winter weekend. It's a well crafted product from Bordeaux, which you might want to sample with your wife some day.

I haven't been up to Montreal in years. That's the closest you will ever get to authentic French cooking and vibe. Although I appreciate the skill in making it, I'm not a big ice wine fan.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Can you even get a good bottle of Bordeaux here in the States for under $20? I'm cheap, and I rarely pay over $20 for a bottle o vino, and I've tried a few Bordeaux's in that range, and not one of 'em compared to, say, a California Cabernet in the same price range.
    I have no idea, you'd have to ask the locals.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    That seems so beneath a man of your tastes, so....gauche.....

alien:
    Read what I said.

Her wine

Mine?

Oh HELLS no.