Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: The wine corner

Found this delicious rosÚ from France's Languedoc (80% Cinsault and 20% Syrah). With discount, cost me under $7, which is a steal for a wine of this quality.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Found this delicious rosÚ from France's Languedoc (80% Cinsault and 20% Syrah). With discount, cost me under $7, which is a steal for a wine of this quality.

Under $7??? Was that you under the bridge? I couldn't see the bottle through the paper bag.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Under $7??? Was that you under the bridge? I couldn't see the bottle through the paper bag.
    I'm laughing, but not sure why. Please explain.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm laughing, but not sure why. Please explain.
    Wine under $7? I actually drink yellow tail when I drink wine but thought I'd poke fun at the price. Slow week.....

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Wine under $7? I actually drink yellow tail when I drink wine but thought I'd poke fun at the price. Slow week.....
    No offense taken. Just making sure of your post.

With a 20% discount, the final cost was $6.99/bottle. I'm telling you, it's a very nice sipping wine on a hot day. Quality defies it's price.

Jets Insider VIP
    eewwwwwwwwwwww the jets are not going to be very goood ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww....is that good whine?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    eewwwwwwwwwwww the jets are not going to be very goood ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww....is that good whine?
    It's a bit forward.

No offense taken. Just making sure of your post.

With a 20% discount, the final cost was $6.99/bottle. I'm telling you, it's a very nice sipping wine on a hot day. Quality defies it's price.
    What do you do to get a 20% discount? Frequent buyer club? Buy 2 cases at a time? Senior citizen discount? What? Drinkers like me need to know!

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    It's a bit forward.

What do you do to get a 20% discount? Frequent buyer club? Buy 2 cases at a time? Senior citizen discount? What? Drinkers like me need to know!
    In my wine shop, you get the discount after buying 50 bottles. Then it's 10% off individual bottles and 20% off case(s).

Recently, I happened to be at a ShopRite in New Jersey (adjacent liquor store affiliated with the supermarket). They gave me 20% off a case just for asking.

All League
    I'd like to try a glass of this.

Veteran
    A question for all you wine connoisseurs . . .

The largest grocery store in Texas has this wine on sale for $2.98 a bottle. I can't believe the price, but I read somewhere that Trader Joe's also sells a very cheap wine.
    Have you ever heard of Cul-de-Sac?
    If so, is it decent or nasty rotgut?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Lady View Post
    The largest grocery store in Texas has this wine on sale for $2.98 a bottle. If so, is it decent or nasty rotgut?
    Was the cost too prohibitive to find out for yourself? Orange Juice and Milk cost more.

-

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Was the cost too prohibitive to find out for yourself? Orange Juice and Milk cost more.

-
    She spent all her available cash on Mums. I don't know if you were aware of the price increase in Mums this year. Freakin' price gougers!

Hall Of Fame

The largest grocery store in Texas has this wine on sale for $2.98 a bottle. I can't believe the price, but I read somewhere that Trader Joe's also sells a very cheap wine.

Have not heard of Cul De Sac but I've tried a few of those three or four dollar wines - they're often not worse that many eight or nine dollar wines. Still, I don't want them. Best bang for your buck wines are from Argentina or Chile. I'd rather get a six dollar bottle from one of those countries. Especially Chile.

All League

trader Joes used to have Two Buck Chuck. I think, at least. And it was $2. Surprise.

Timmy's right - its no worse than some $8 bottles. But it's definately not a top tier wine.

I like how they call it Cul-de-Sac, make it sound fancy. It's the French word for Dead End.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy« View Post
    Have not heard of Cul De Sac but I've tried a few of those three or four dollar wines - they're often not worse that many eight or nine dollar wines. Still, I don't want them. Best bang for your buck wines are from Argentina or Chile. I'd rather get a six dollar bottle from one of those countries. Especially Chile.
    As well as France's Languedoc-Roussillon Region.

Hall Of Fame

Borg, I had no idea there was Sancerre rose. Sancerre white wine is high on my list, but I rarely drink it because of the $$$. This was $27, but wife had a $20 gift certificate so I jumped all over it. When I opened it, the typical smell of strawberry and even bubble gum. That went away though, and it became an overpowering mineral wine, which I love. Seriously, there is so much mineral in this you'd think it sat on the bottom of a rusty well. I love it.

Jets Insider VIP

This guy personally squarshes each and every grape of Cul-de-Sac with his oozing, gout festered, bare feet.

He done put the sewer... in wine connoisseur.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    This guy personally squarshes each and every grape of Cul-de-Sac with his oozing, gout festered, bare feet.

He done put the sewer... in wine connoisseur.
    he'll also throw water on a yellow jacket nest for a few crackers

Lolololololol!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy« View Post
    Borg, I had no idea there was Sancerre rose. Sancerre white wine is high on my list, but I rarely drink it because of the $$$. This was $27, but wife had a $20 gift certificate so I jumped all over it. When I opened it, the typical smell of strawberry and even bubble gum. That went away though, and it became an overpowering mineral wine, which I love. Seriously, there is so much mineral in this you'd think it sat on the bottom of a rusty well. I love it.
    Me either, Timmy. I enjoy minerally wine, too.

Thanks for the suggestion. Will see if my wine shop carries any Sancerre rosÚ.