Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random Inquiry - Why can't we curse on this board????

All League

Random Inquiry - Why can't we curse on this board????

Just wondering, we're all adults here. Sometimes we get fired up and wanna let loose. More importantly, most of us are orginally New Yorkers and cursing is a birthright. So I ask my fellow wise JI posters - why can't we curse on this board?!?!?!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Dumps;3299254]Just wondering, we're all adults here. Sometimes we get fired up and wanna let loose. More importantly, most of us are orginally New Yorkers and cursing is a birthright. So I ask my fellow wise JI posters - why can't we curse on this board?!?!?![/QUOTE]

It's the dreaded JI filter. Brilliantly programmed by the likes of PeteJet and MurphKlecko. Watch you'll see nothing below.

sh!t
    bl*w me
    A$$munch

Jets Insider VIP
    I find the whole thing hypocritical but that's just me being all European.

You can’t type curse words, but if it’s in a picture it’s OK. :rolleyes:

Same with nudity. A chick can be completely naked, as long as she a string going up her but and her nipple isn’t showing, it’s OK. :rolleyes:

Must protect the children !!

[QUOTE=Dumps;3299254]Just wondering, we're all adults here. Sometimes we get fired up and wanna let loose. More importantly, most of us are orginally New Yorkers and cursing is a birthright. So I ask my fellow wise JI posters - [B]why can't we curse on this board?!?!?[/B]![/QUOTE]

It makes Ches cry.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Dumps;3299254]Just wondering, we're all adults here. Sometimes we get fired up and wanna let loose. More importantly, most of us are orginally New Yorkers and cursing is a birthright. So I ask my fellow wise JI posters - why can't we curse on this board?!?!?![/QUOTE]

Its supposed to be a family oriented site.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3299283]It makes Ches cry.[/QUOTE]

And if he sees what may possibly be 1/1000th of an inch of nipple, he breaks out the magnifying glass to make sure it isn't.

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3299295]And if he sees what may possibly be 1/1000th of an inch of nipple, he breaks out the magnifying glass to make sure it isn't.[/QUOTE]

And forget it if there's even a hint of sack.

All League

We cant curse because real people don't talk like that. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Not to be a wet blanket, but it's like my Dad used to say.

"You live under my roof, you live by MY rules".

I ended up shooting the f*cker.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3299303]And forget it if there's even a hint of sack.[/QUOTE]

Let me get this straight, Borgo.

You want to see MORE sack?!? :eek:

:D

[QUOTE=JStokes;3299309]Let me get this straight, Borgo.

:D[/QUOTE]

Only if it's perky and properly maintained.

All League
    [QUOTE=petejet;3299290]Its supposed to be a family oriented site.[/QUOTE]

It is, to the best of my knowledge. The only posters who seem to be children or childlike are the Pats and the Fins fans -and therein lies the definition of why they act that way. It's a football site - it should be about football (and other sports), chicks, cursing and all that stuff. If I get fired up over a big win or loss I should be able to vent my emotions like an adult. And not have to change the spelling of words so they are deemed "acceptable" IMO.....
    Last edited by Dumps; 10-09-2009 at 10:14 AM.

All League
    [QUOTE=Big L;3299305]We cant curse because real people don't talk like that. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHA - My friends and I are all college educated with professional gigs and we talk that way amongst each other. Perhaps we are the exception to the rule.....

All League
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3299309]Let me get this straight, Borgo.

:D[/QUOTE]

I hope not, but I for one do want to see more SACKS from our D - particually a few from Pace and Harris this Monday night would be nice.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Dumps;3299327]It is, to the best of my knowledge. The only posters who seem to be children or childlike are the Pats and the Fins fans -and therein lies the definition of why they act that way. It's a football site - it should be about football (and other sports), chicks, cursing and all that stuff. If I get fired up over a big win I loss I should be able to vent my emotions like an adult. And not have the change the spelling of words so they are deemed "acceptable" IMO.....[/QUOTE]
    The site is 10 years old, these are the owners rules, it really is very simple if you think about it. This is not about censorship or freedom of expression, it's about what the owner wants, and the choices are simple, follow those rules or speak however you like somewhere else.

Hopefully you'll see you can still enjoy it here without dropping f bombs.

All League
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3299334]The site is 10 years old, these are the owners rules, it really is very simple if you think about it. This is not about censorship or freedom of expression, it's about what the owner wants, and the choices are simple, follow those rules or speak however you like somewhere else.

Hopefully you'll see you can still enjoy it here without dropping f bombs.[/QUOTE]

I enjoy it here plenty, I dig the people and the great convos. I'm just saying, we should be able to speak the way we choose - I'm not saying I am gonna leave or anything of that nature. I guess I just do not see the point behind the rule, it hinders more then it helps. I suppose absolute power corrupts absolutley.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3299283]It makes Ches cry.[/QUOTE]

That was a cheap shot! :eek:

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3299295]And if he sees what may possibly be 1/1000th of an inch of nipple, he breaks out the magnifying glass to make sure it isn't.[/QUOTE]

Yep, you're right there!

:drool2:

[QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3299354]That was a cheap shot! :eek:[/QUOTE]

What? You're a sensitive gentleman who carries the weight of societal ills on his massive shoulders.

All League
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3299354]That was a cheap shot! :eek:[/QUOTE]

Unless they actually DO make you cry.