Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joey Porter is a moron....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Joey Porter is a moron....

[url]http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/story/1273499.html[/url]

If Monday night's game against the Jets should result in a tie after four quarters, we've got a suggestion for a new way to settle things: Somebody get out those old, beat-up boxing gloves.

Judging by linebacker Joey Porter's tone Thursday, it sounds as if he would be on board for the idea. As he put it, he expects Sunday's game to resemble a ``knuckle-up'' schoolyard throw-down regardless.

Getting excited yet?

``We definitely look forward to a fight,'' said Porter, who remained limited by his hamstring injury Thursday, although the trainers might want to be the one wearing the gloves if they plan to tell Porter he can't play Monday.

Porter, who says he feels like ``we're going to have some opportunities to get the ball away from [Jets rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez],'' pointed toward last year's AFC East title as proof of what Miami is capable of.

``This conference isn't big enough for too many bullies,'' Porter said. ``There can only be a certain amount of bullies on the playground at one time before they fight and find out who the real bully is. We feel like the AFC East still runs through Miami, and they feel a different way.

``We split with them last year and won the one that counts. We plan on doing that again when they come here on Monday.''

Man, this should be fun.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    And now... we have our bulletin board material.

Straight from the 2nd most useless LB on that team.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What, you're realizing this now? Porter has the intellectual capacity of a hood ornament, and less verbal ability to boot.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=petejet;3299434][url]http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/story/1273499.html[/url]

If Monday night's game against the Jets should result in a tie after four quarters, we've got a suggestion for a new way to settle things: Somebody get out those old, beat-up boxing gloves.

Judging by linebacker Joey Porter's tone Thursday, it sounds as if he would be on board for the idea. As he put it, he expects Sunday's game to resemble a ``knuckle-up'' schoolyard throw-down regardless.

Getting excited yet?

``We definitely look forward to a fight,'' said Porter, who remained limited by his hamstring injury Thursday, although the trainers might want to be the one wearing the gloves if they plan to tell Porter he can't play Monday.

Porter, who says he feels like ``we're going to have some opportunities to get the ball away from [Jets rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez],'' pointed toward last year's AFC East title as proof of what Miami is capable of.

``This conference isn't big enough for too many bullies,'' Porter said. ``There can only be a certain amount of bullies on the playground at one time before they fight and find out who the real bully is. We feel like the AFC East still runs through Miami, and they feel a different way.

``We split with them last year and [B]won the one that counts[/B]. We plan on doing that again when they come here on Monday.''

Man, this should be fun.[/QUOTE]

Didn't really "count" for us since we were eliminated due to NE 1:00PM win that day. Just saying.

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Post Thanks / Like
    i was so happy when the steelers let porter walk... most of the time he runs his mouth and doesnt back it up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ya, I saw him spewing this nonsense last night on NFL Network. He seemed out of it, sorta doped up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3299452]What, you're realizing this now? Porter has the intellectual capacity of a [B]hood ornament[/B], and less verbal ability to boot.[/QUOTE]

[img]http://www.re.org/eric/bike-trip/images/log3/chromedog.jpg[/img]

I resent that remark buddy!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the dolphins are like the guy in the playground who isn't at all tough but wants to be perceived as tough. so instead of trying to beat up the real bullies, the patriots, they set their sights on beating up a team (the jets) that has zero interest in their dolphins rivalry except to beat them twice a year.

the jets are focused on knocking off the three-time superbowl winners, while the dolphins appear to be content to beat the jets. this makes me believe the dolphins do not think they can beat a brady-led patriots team and would be happy to settle for 2nd place if it meant the jets were in 3rd or 4th.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetStream;3299473][img]http://www.re.org/eric/bike-trip/images/log3/chromedog.jpg[/img]

I resent that remark buddy![/QUOTE]

LOL. I don't blame you, Metal Fido. Man, I hate Porter.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=petejet;3299434][url]http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/story/1273499.html[/url]

We feel like the AFC East still runs through Miami.[/QUOTE]

...cause they had a SEABISCUIT season last year....LOL!!!

:D

LOL!!

[IMG]http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2319/kaylynn.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Porter can yap all he wants. Fins are going to get exposed. Just because they beat up a really bad Bills team, doesn't mean they walk all over the Jets. Jets win this game, and they win BIG :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    what is joey going to do?? pull up his jersey and show off his six pack abs, and then suck during the game. if you are going to talk smack at least be able to back it up.:)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3299551]what is joey going to do?? pull up his jersey and show off his six pack abs, and then suck during the game. if you are going to talk smack at least be able to back it up.:)[/QUOTE]

You want him to pick up his jersey though right ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3299556]You want him to pick up his jersey though right ;)[/QUOTE]
    i need a smack smiley for you now... :steamin:. i didnt like peezy when he played with the steelers and i dont like him now!!!! now i can think of someone else's jersey i would pick up..lol

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The AFC East runs through Miami?!?!

OMG - WTF?!?! :eek:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3299563]i need a smack smiley for you now... :steamin:. i didnt like peezy when he played with the steelers and i dont like him now!!!! now i can think of someone else's jersey i would pick up..lol[/QUOTE]

:P

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;3299573]The AFC East runs through Miami?!?!

OMG - WTF?!?! :eek:[/QUOTE]
    the AFC East will either run thru Foxboro or East Rutherford...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;3299573]The AFC East runs[B] over[/B] Miami?!?!

OMG - WTF?!?! :eek:[/QUOTE]

Fixed!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3299578]the AFC East will either run thru Foxboro or East Rutherford...[/QUOTE]

Maybe he meant the AFC East [I]HAS[/I] the runs [I]IN[/I] Miami (because of bad food)...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny, someo e should tell the writer the game is on Monday.:yes: