Charter JI Member

Springsteen tonite?

Anyone going?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

the guy who sits next to me

Born in the USA tonight? Tuesday for me.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=jetswin;3299654]the guy who sits next to me[/QUOTE]

At work, I hope.:cool:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=cr726;3299657]Born in the USA tonight? Tuesday for me.[/QUOTE]

If I heard the beginning of Darlington County I'd run out of the stadium like I was on fire. Praying to be out of earshot for the audience participation of "na na na. na na na na na na"

Veteran
    [QUOTE=petejet;3299636]Anyone going?[/QUOTE]

I'll be there. Wishing he was doing Darkness tonight. I'm hoping for some special guests / songs considering its the last show at the meadowlands. (can't refer to it as ***nts stadium)

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jetsfreak10;3299819]I'll be there. Wishing he was doing Darkness tonight. I'm hoping for some special guests / songs considering its the last show at the meadowlands. (can't refer to it as ***nts stadium)[/QUOTE]

WOW. HUGE RUMORS

Just spoke to a buddy who is going tonite--HUGE rumors.

Bruce requested and was granted a permit to play until 3 am.

AND, he will be inviting onstage to play with him...

Bon Jovi

Clapton

and

Bono.

No link, unconfirmed, just what I heard. Could be total BS.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3299956]WOW. HUGE RUMORS

Bon Jovi

Clapton

and

Bono.

No link, unconfirmed, just what I heard. Could be total BS.[/QUOTE]

Wow....I'm definitely going to go into it thinking "normal 28 song 3 hr set"....But by these rumors maybe he's planning something huge!

Jets Insider VIP

Bon Jovi

Clapton

and

Bono.

No link, unconfirmed, just what I heard. Could be total BS.[/QUOTE]

No way he plays till 3, thats just silly. I have heard legit rumors that they got a permit to have the building till 1:30, which doesnt neccesarily means that he will play till 1:30, considering that there needs to be time for cleanup, etc.

Most likely though this show doesnt go to far past 12. I have heard some special guests also but we will see.

Also, if a mod could merge this into the other Bruce thread that would be cool.

Jets Insider VIP
    Guys I promise you he is not playing till 3.

His longest show ever was in 1980 which lasted a little under 4 hours. So even if he duplicates that (which he wont), figure a 8:30 start time, and that leaves it at 12:30.

Hall Of Fame

Bon Jovi

Clapton

and

Bono.

No link, unconfirmed, just what I heard. [B]Could be total BS[/B].[/QUOTE]

Rumors unfounded. Total BS.

Sorry guys, sounded like it was a legit source.

But I did hear a rumor we were getting BRAYLON EDWARDS! :D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3300841]Rumors unfounded. Total BS.

Sorry guys, sounded like it was a legit source.

But I did hear a rumor we were getting BRAYLON EDWARDS! :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah there was a lot of nonsense out there yesterday. Frankly I didn't really believe any of it, but I was kind of hoping that Billy Joel would somehow show up.

Anyways, onto the show... If this was any other night at any other venue, It would go down as a very solid show. That being said, this wasnt any other night and this wasn't any venue. Giants Stadium and Bruce go hand in hand, and to think that this was the last time that he performed there, one would have to expected something a little more memorable. Solid show, but for the ending of Giants Stadium, it definitely left me wanting a little bit more.

[QUOTE=Ruby2;3300847]Yeah there was a lot of nonsense out there yesterday. Frankly I didn't really believe any of it, but I was kind of hoping that Billy Joel would somehow show up.

Anyways, onto the show... If this was any other night at any other venue, It would go down as a very solid show. That being said, this wasnt any other night and this wasn't any venue. Giants Stadium and Bruce go hand in hand, and to think that this was the last time that he performed there, one would have to expected something a little more memorable. Solid show, but for the ending of Giants Stadium, it definitely left me wanting a little bit more.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't sound like they will be opening the new Stadium...

Bruce Springsteen rocks Giants Stadium for the last time
    By Jay Lustig/The Star-Ledger
    October 10, 2009, 1:24AM

It was the "Born In the U.S.A." album that first made Bruce Springsteen popular enough to headline Giants Stadium, in 1985. Last night, he closed the circle, performing the album -- songs like "Glory Days," "Dancing In the Dark" and "My Hometown," in their original order -- at his last Giants Stadium concert.

He's not retiring, but the stadium is. The building will be demolished next year, with a new stadium, currently being built next to it, serving as the new home of the Giants and Jets.

Concert-goers were welcomed to the show with a message on a huge video screen hanging over the stage: "Tonight is the last concert at Giants Stadium. October 9, 2009. Thank you New Jersey!"

During the show's opening number, a new song called "Wrecking Ball," Springsteen emphasized a line about "our little victories and glories" turning into parking lots. At this time next year, space where he was standing will be used for just that purpose.

Other songs in the setlist included dependable rousers like "Badlands," "Born To Run," "The Rising" and "The Promised Land," the rarely performed oldie "Spirit In the Night" and pop megahit "Hungry Heart" (with the 60-year-old Springsteen crowd-surfing). In recognition of the show's significance, he covered the Rolling Stones song, "The Last Time."

Springsteen and his E Street Band announced, ahead of time, that they planned to play "Born In the U.S.A." in its entirety. In an attempt to make this stand special, they have played one of their classic albums at each show: "Born To Run" on Sept. 30 and Oct. 8, "Darkness On the Edge of Town" on Oct. 2, and "Born In the U.S.A.," for the first time, on Oct. 3.

Springsteen and the band will also perform at Madison Square Garden in New York on Nov. 7-8. [B]But last night's show could be the last home-state E Street appearance for quite a while.

Last month, guitarist Steven Van Zandt said in a conference call with reporters that after the current tour ends, Nov. 22 in Buffalo, the band will be off for "I don’t know how long -- a year, year and a half, two years."
    [/B]
    In his new book "Big Man: Real Life and Tall Tales," E Street saxophonist [B]Clarence Clemons wrote that after the current tour, the band plans to have "a long, long recovery period."[/B]

Here is the show's setlist. Songs in bold are from the "Born In the U.S.A." album. Asterisks denote songs not played at the four previous Giants Stadium shows.

"Wrecking Ball"
    "Badlands"
    "Spirit In the Night" (*)
    "Outlaw Pete"
    "Hungry Heart"
    "Working On a Dream"
    "Born In the U.S.A."
    "Cover Me"
    "Darlington County"
    "Working On the Highway"
    "Downbound Train"
    "I'm On Fire"
    "No Surrender"
    "Bobby Jean"
    "I'm Goin' Down"
    "Glory Days"
    "Dancing In the Dark"
    "My Hometown"
    "Tougher Than the Rest" (*)
    "The Promised Land"
    "Last To Die"
    "Long Walk Home"
    "The Rising"
    "Born To Run"

Encores
    "Raise Your Hand" (with excerpt from "You Sexy Thing" (*))
    "The Last Time" (Rolling Stones cover) (*)
    "Waitin' On a Sunny Day"
    "Seven Nights To Rock" (*)
    "Kitty's Back"
    "American Land"
    "Jersey Girl"

[url]http://www.nj.com/entertainment/music/index.ssf/2009/10/bruce_springsteen_rocks_giants.html[/url]

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;3300847]Yeah there was a lot of nonsense out there yesterday. Frankly I didn't really believe any of it, but I was kind of hoping that Billy Joel would somehow show up.

Anyways, onto the show... If this was any other night at any other venue, It would go down as a very solid show. That being said, this wasnt any other night and this wasn't any venue. Giants Stadium and Bruce go hand in hand, and to think that this was the last time that he performed there, one would have to expected something a little more memorable. Solid show, but for the ending of Giants Stadium, it definitely left me wanting a little bit more.[/QUOTE]

Summed it up perfectly.

No problem on the rumors Stokes - I definitely took them with a grain of salt. However when I met my friends at our seats they said they talked to the security guard who told them that he was told that it could end up being a real late night so to prepare for it. So once I heard that I was pretty confident that the show was going to really "take off" at some point. If you go to a show nowadays and the performer plays 31 songs for 3hrs and 15 mins you'd think it was over the top.

But after Jersey Girl we stood there like "this can't be it". Unfortunately walking out of the show I felt like the Jets just lost on a last second 60 yd field goal. More disbelieve than anything else. I mean how does the guy not play Thunder Road or Rosalita to close it out....C'MON MAN!!