Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cotch might miss MNF

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Cotch might miss MNF

Jets coach Rex Ryan said Friday that Jerricho Cotchery (hamstring) is in real danger of missing Monday night's game against Miami.

All the more reason to use Braylon Edwards in his Jets debut. Cotchery sat out practice Friday after straining his hamstring in Thursday's workout. While he has an extra day to heal for Monday Night Football, these late-week injuries are always a bad sign. Should Cotchery sit against the Fins, Edwards and Dustin Keller would see more targets and Brad Smith would start. Oct. 9 - 4:28 pm et

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    well that ****ing blows :steamin: :steamin:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GeorgeJetson80;3300162]Jets coach Rex Ryan said Friday that Jerricho Cotchery (hamstring) is in real danger of missing Monday night's game against Miami.

All the more reason to use Braylon Edwards in his Jets debut. Cotchery sat out practice Friday after straining his hamstring in Thursday's workout. While he has an extra day to heal for Monday Night Football, these late-week injuries are always a bad sign. Should Cotchery sit against the Fins, Edwards and Dustin Keller would see more targets and Brad Smith would start. Oct. 9 - 4:28 pm et[/QUOTE]

Well, that would suck quite a bit if he's out. Not so sure about the starting WR duo of Brad Smith and Braylon Edwards, at least not in Edwards' first start with the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone put a Clown on the old Bat signal..:yes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GeorgeJetson80;3300162]Jets coach Rex Ryan said Friday that Jerricho Cotchery (hamstring) is in real danger of missing Monday night's game against Miami.

All the more reason to use Braylon Edwards in his Jets debut. Cotchery sat out practice Friday after straining his hamstring in Thursday's workout. While he has an extra day to heal for Monday Night Football, these late-week injuries are always a bad sign. Should Cotchery sit against the Fins, Edwards and Dustin Keller would see more targets and Brad Smith would start. Oct. 9 - 4:28 pm et[/QUOTE]

Well, there goes D'Brickashaw Ferguson. Have to trade him to Cleveland for Chansi Stuckey.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3300175]Well, there goes D'Brickashaw Ferguson. Have to trade him to Cleveland for Chansi Stuckey.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

lol

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn: One step forward, two steps backwards.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Triple whammy!

This not only hurts the Jets, it will crush the lineups of 2 of my fantasy football teams! :steamin:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    he'll play

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You all know what this means....

UNLEASH THE CLOWN!!!!

(I apologize, but it needed to be said)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have Cotch on my FF team, and the news I see says this:

From Rotowire:
    [I]Though Cotchery (hamstring) was limited at Thursday's practice, he's expected to play Monday against the Dolphins, the Daily News reports. Analysis: We'll let you know if that assessment changes, but look for Cotchery to show up on the Jets' Week 5 injury report as either "probable" or "questionable." [/I]

From Rotoworld:
    [I]Jerricho Cotchery, who came down with a hamstring injury on Thursday, was not practicing Friday morning. Analysis: Beat writer Manish Meta suspects it could be a precautionary move due to the wet weather. Cotchery was riding a stationary bike while the rest of the team practiced, but the Jets have an extra day this week with the Monday night game. Check back later Friday afternoon for an update on his status.[/I]

That gives me a little more optimism. Hopefully it's just a precaution.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    *hit, when did this happen with Jerricho? Bombs away with Clowney and Edwards out there...I bet *hit head Shotty starts B.Smith Monday Night just to stick it to the clown, and his fans on here.:mad:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3300175]Well, there goes D'Brickashaw Ferguson. Have to trade him to Cleveland for Chansi Stuckey.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Try Wallace Wright.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, and the plot thickens.

1) Rat, Clown, and Mangini have exceptional preseason game vs. browns.
    2) Mangini goes to browns.
    3) Mangini gets his QB and gives up the equivelant of Mark Sanchez.
    4) Clowney again has a tremendous preseason.
    5) Rex, knowing Mangini's interest in the Rat-clown combo, doesn't let the clown on the field, and yet showcases stuckey as the second reciever even though he should have been in the slot with clown on the outside.
    6) Mangini, still looking for a reciever he can dictate to, trades for Stuckey thinking that the clown is out of commission.
    7) Rex, secretly knowing that clowney is the #3 reciever on the team, needs a way for Clown to get on the field without just jumping Smith in the depth chart.
    8) Now, we finally have a legit 1-2 punch at reciever, and all of a sudden, "2" is "injured."

...naaaaaaaaahhh

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=2009fatman;3300195]*hit, when did this happen with Jerricho? Bombs away with Clowney and Edwards out there...I bet *hit head Shotty starts B.Smith Monday Night just to stick it to the clown, and his fans on here.:mad:[/QUOTE]

yeah, that's what schotty is doing. he cares more about sticking it to the clown and the fans over playing the best players.

has anyone ever considered maybe he's just not that good? :dunno:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That extra day is looking great right now. :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;3300205]Hmm, and the plot thickens.

1) Rat, Clown, and Mangini have exceptional preseason game vs. browns.
    2) Mangini goes to browns.
    3) Mangini gets his QB and gives up the equivelant of Mark Sanchez.
    4) Clowney again has a tremendous preseason.
    5) Rex, knowing Mangini's interest in the Rat-clown combo, doesn't let the clown on the field, and yet showcases stuckey as the second reciever even though he should have been in the slot with clown on the outside.
    6) Mangini, still looking for a reciever he can dictate to, trades for Stuckey thinking that the clown is out of commission.
    7) Rex, secretly knowing that clowney is the #3 reciever on the team, needs a way for Clown to get on the field without just jumping Smith in the depth chart.
    8) Now, we finally have a legit 1-2 punch at reciever, and all of a sudden, "2" is "injured."

...naaaaaaaaahhh[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.meikathon.net/roflmao/facepalm.jpg[/IMG]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shevys;3300191]I have Cotch on my FF team, and the news I see says this:

From Rotowire:
    [I]Though Cotchery (hamstring) was limited at Thursday's practice, he's expected to play Monday against the Dolphins, the Daily News reports. Analysis: We'll let you know if that assessment changes, but look for Cotchery to show up on the Jets' Week 5 injury report as either "probable" or "questionable." [/I]

From Rotoworld:
    [I]Jerricho Cotchery, who came down with a hamstring injury on Thursday, was not practicing Friday morning. Analysis: Beat writer Manish Meta suspects it could be a precautionary move due to the wet weather. Cotchery was riding a stationary bike while the rest of the team practiced, but the Jets have an extra day this week with the Monday night game. Check back later Friday afternoon for an update on his status.[/I]

That gives me a little more optimism. Hopefully it's just a precaution.[/QUOTE]

I see what your saying but it sucks that Rex said he is in danger of missing MNF!

I also think the extra day makes all the difference and he will be ready to roll...I hope.

Is Rex maybe playing mind games so that Miami thinks they will only have to game plan for Braylon with only a couple days of practice and then BAM, Jerricho is active and will start.

Dolphins strategy may go right down the toilet with a stray fish or two!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could be smoke and mirrors by the Jets. Make the Fins gameplan for the Clown :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Megalomaniac;3300184]he'll play[/QUOTE]

+ 1

No question