Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cotch might miss MNF

All Pro
    [QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;3300205]Hmm, and the plot thickens.

1) Rat, Clown, and Mangini have exceptional preseason game vs. browns.
    2) Mangini goes to browns.
    3) Mangini gets his QB and gives up the equivelant of Mark Sanchez.
    4) Clowney again has a tremendous preseason.
    5) Rex, knowing Mangini's interest in the Rat-clown combo, doesn't let the clown on the field, and yet showcases stuckey as the second reciever even though he should have been in the slot with clown on the outside.
    6) Mangini, still looking for a reciever he can dictate to, trades for Stuckey thinking that the clown is out of commission.
    7) Rex, secretly knowing that clowney is the #3 reciever on the team, needs a way for Clown to get on the field without just jumping Smith in the depth chart.
    8) Now, we finally have a legit 1-2 punch at reciever, and all of a sudden, "2" is "injured."

...naaaaaaaaahhh[/QUOTE]

This was Rex's secret plan all along;)

All Pro
    [QUOTE=2009fatman;3300195]*hit, when did this happen with Jerricho? Bombs away with Clowney and Edwards out there...I bet *hit head Shotty starts B.Smith Monday Night just to stick it to the clown, and his fans on here.:mad:[/QUOTE]

Schotty is no doubt sitting around thinking to himself how he can stick it to the JI Clowney fans.:rolleyes:

All League
    Cotchery is a tough sum-*****... he'll play

Out or not, our Defense is going to win this game for us anyway. :yes:

Sup #97

All League
    [QUOTE=FreshBaked 24 7;3300283]Cotchery is a tough sum-*****... he'll play[/QUOTE]

That was my original thought! He has been here long enough to play in a couple of these great Jet/Dolphins rivalry games and I'm sure he will be up for the challenge for this one!

who cares.....miami sucks

All League
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3300309]I don't know, fresh, its harder for a skill position player to go on a bum wheel

Skill position players and DB's need those legs to be working 100% or close to it[/QUOTE]

But its also not like Cotchery is a burner or anything of that nature... his strength is finding the weak spot in coverage

All League
    [QUOTE=FreshBaked 24 7;3300319]But its also not like Cotchery is a burner or anything of that nature... his strength is finding the weak spot in coverage[/QUOTE]

I've gotta agree with Ham on this one. Even though he's not a burner, he relies heavily on being able to cut quickly when running his routes. A hammy impacts slow receivers as much as it does the fast ones.

Banned
    Hammys can be tricky but Cotchery is a gamer...he'll play even if it's mostly as a decoy

Veteran
    If Cotch can play w/o hurting the team, he'll be there. And you can package and bond that. He's the man. no doubt.

Talk about Chicken little

The sky is not falling and Cotch will be in the game.... bottom line is we'll see some new stuff from the o this Monday I expect to see clowney, green and a different look all around.

This offense is going to be Electric!!!:cool:

Edwards
    Cotchery
    Keller
    Clowney
    Washington
    Jones
    Greene
    Smith

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Area52;3300255]I see what your saying but it sucks that Rex said he is in danger of missing MNF!

I also think the extra day makes all the difference and he will be ready to roll...I hope.

Is Rex maybe playing mind games so that Miami thinks they will only have to game plan for Braylon with only a couple days of practice and then BAM, Jerricho is active and will start.

Dolphins strategy may go right down the toilet with a stray fish or two![/QUOTE]

Yes, concur 100% and hope 100% too. Keep our fingers crossed. The guy is a stud.

If Cotchery doesn't play against Miami it is a major problem.
    Plus there are other problems.
    1. No Cotchery means either Smith or Clowney start at WR. Neither is a starter. Enough of this speed nonsense. Speed means nothing without either moves or size.
    2. Braylon Edwards is a very good receiver but he has been with the Jets 3 days. Does he know the plays? Similar to Cleve you say? Similar isn't good enough. Plus is there mesh with Sanchez and the other receiver routes? Doubtful.
    3. Woody is nicked up. Does he play? Affect on the running game? Not good.
    4. The Jets are already one of the worst offenses in the AFC. And now they may be depleted.
    5. Miami has the #2 run defense in the AFC - better than the Jets. How can the Jets run the ball - especially if they can't pass? Miami can go 8 in the box and stuff the Jets.
    6. The Dolphins have by far the #1 run offense in the AFC, meaning they can burn clock and have time of possession. The Jets have a good overall defense but stronger against the pass than run. It's easy to say the Jets have a great defense but when you go against anything that is #1, you have to consider it a problem.

It actually could come down to special teams. And ball security.

[QUOTE=FreshBaked 24 7;3300319]But its also not like Cotchery is a burner or anything of that nature... his strength is finding the weak spot in coverage[/QUOTE]

The problem isn't with speed, but pushing off on the leg at the line of scrimmage to get separation. I've had plenty of hamstring pulls, and putting weight and pushing off is what has you screaming and coming up lame. That said, I think J-Co's injury is minor and he'll be ready to go on Monday.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=el_dub80;3300257][B]Could be smoke and mirrors by the Jets[/B]. Make the Fins gameplan for the Clown :yes:[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. There's no strategic advantage at this point for Ryan to tip his hand. Keep them guessing.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=dassin;3300215]That extra day is looking great right now. :yes:[/QUOTE]

That's the key right there. I'd be a lot more pessimistic about him playing if the game was tomorrow.

All League
    I wanted to see how he fared with Braylon taking some attention off him this week.

As long as we limit turnovers we should win this game with our D and running game quite handily none the less.

Jets Insider VIP

Cotch and Lito?

I haven't seen this posted but Cimini reported this yesterday...

The Jets just released their official injury report. Aside from WR Jerricho Cotchery, they have a few other players that may not play.

[B]CB Lito Sheppard[/B] [B](quadriceps) was limited again and was listed as doubtful, which means he almost certainly will miss his third straight game.[/B]

CB Donald Strickland (ankle) was declared out. No surprise.

After practicing Friday on a limited basis, RT Damien Woody (foot) didn't practice at all and was listed as questionable. If he can't play, he'll be replaced by Wayne Hunter.

S Kerry Rhodes (knee) was limited for the third straight day and was listed as questionable, but he's expected to play.

PK Jay Feely did not practice and was listed as probable, but this isn't injury-related, according to the team. As I wrote on the previous, there was no access to Rex Ryan today to question him.