Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This team has no weakness right now...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

This team has no weakness right now...

we are complete and very talented team from top to bottom now. The only area where we might be a little thin is at FB with only TRich:eek: and he's still one of the best ones in the game. You look from top to bottom and there's talent brimming there, our weakest position went from subpar to great with the Edwards trade, few teams can boast a duo like Cotch and Edwards, both are legitimate #1 receivers in this league.

Even our special teams unit is the best I can remember, our coverage units are playing lights out, Trusnik's loss is lessened by Fowler who's a great special teamer in his own right. There's solid young talent marinating and we head into next year's FA and draft with money enough to sign our own and maybe one another top tier FA and we're not even talking about the draft which should be gravy on top.

This is a championship team in the making here and I don't mean next year, I mean now, teams have to really strap em on to beat us now and it just became a lot harder now with Braylon on board.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What you talking about??? we need a 3/4 NT? a Center?! a TE!! a Shutdown CB?!! depth in the secondary, some outside LB's that can rush... Im scratching this year and looking forward to draftday now!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    CB is a need for sure bc im sick of watching Drew Coleman try and cover WR's like Colston and Moss. Meachum too.. End of the Saints game he burned Coleman. I think??? OL is a need and a BIG Pass blocking TE to help Sanchez.

1 CB
    2 OL
    3 TE
    4 WR
    5 OL

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jeT.MAC;3300627]CB is a need for sure bc im sick of watching Drew Coleman try and cover WR's like Colston and Moss. Meachum too.. End of the Saints game he burned Coleman. I think??? OL is a need and a BIG Pass blocking TE to help Sanchez.

1 CB
    2 OL
    3 TE
    4 WR
    5 OL[/QUOTE]

You REALLY need to think about your definition of "need"

We have an ALL WORLD CB who pretty much takes care of his side of the field. This allows the other side to get a little more help when needed. Not to mention the fact that Sheppard/Strickland are upgrades that are already on our roster.

Would it be nice to get better in the areas you listed? Of course. But this isn't Madden. NO team is made up of 11 Pro-Bowlers on each side of the field.

Our biggest issue now is chemistry/health/play-calling (on offense). If those things work in our favor we DEFINITELY have what it takes to go far RIGHT NOW.

But if Sanchez needs more time, or we get hit by the injury bug, so be it . . . this team is built for the long-term (LOTS of young talent), so as long as Rex keeps us in the right direction, it's only a matter of time . . .:yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    A punter would help.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    i will get killed for this i am sure but wtf.......if you look at the AFC, the teams that i think will make the playoffs are NE, Pitt, Balt, INDY, SD and the JETS.....of those six teams we would be rated dead last at the QB position.....the most important position on the field. yes i know boy wonder looks great for a rookie but is this team strong enough everywhere else to cover up the mistakes he is sure to make.....[B]i think they can [/B]but man he will have to be REALLY special to win the SB in year 1.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DBAKE;3300673]i will get killed for this i am sure but wtf.......if you look at the AFC, the teams that i think will make the playoffs are NE, Pitt, Balt, INDY, SD and the JETS.....of those six teams we would be rated dead last at the QB position.....the most important position on the field. yes i know boy wonder looks great for a rookie but is this team strong enough everywhere else to cover up the mistakes he is sure to make.....[B]i think they can [/B]but man he will have to be REALLY special to win the SB in year 1.[/QUOTE]

In your defense, I think a better title for this thread would have been. . . "This team has no HOLES right now . . ."

You're right, right now QB IS still a weakness. He needs game experience, as well as more comfort/familiarity in the offense we are running. However, we will not be entering next year saying "We NEED to get a QB this year . . ."

Barring injury, the only NEED we can clamor for next year is young talent to back up what we currently have so they can "pass the torch". Like another poster said, our biggest "need" is a quality punter . . . that's a pretty nice place to be:D

And as far as the other teams you listed as playoff contenders, I'd argue that we are better on at least ONE side of the ball than each one of those teams (usually defense, with Balt possibly being offense if Edwards catches on). I think we bring comparable talent to the table, minus the experience of playoff football and chemistry of having been together for years. Those are INVALUABLE, and will probably hurt us short term. But as this team grows . . . it's good to be a Jets fan here in 2009:yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OCCH;3300676]In your defense, I think a better title for this thread would have been. . . "This team has no HOLES right now . . ."

You're right, right now QB IS still a weakness. He needs game experience, as well as more comfort/familiarity in the offense we are running. However, we will not be entering next year saying "We NEED to get a QB this year . . ."

Barring injury, the only NEED we can clamor for next year is young talent to back up what we currently have so they can "pass the torch". Like another poster said, our biggest "need" is a quality punter . . . that's a pretty nice place to be:D

And as far as the other teams you listed as playoff contenders, I'd argue that we are better on at least ONE side of the ball than each one of those teams (usually defense, with Balt possibly being offense if Edwards catches on). I think we bring comparable talent to the table, minus the experience of playoff football and chemistry of having been together for years. Those are INVALUABLE, and will probably hurt us short term. But as this team grows . . . it's good to be a Jets fan here in 2009:yes:[/QUOTE]

agree with everything u say...well put. Of the 5 teams mentioned Balt does scare me the most....probably bcause i was at the pre-season game when sanchez **** his pants.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why don't people realize our ol can't pass protect?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No weakness????? Are you kidding me? A rookie QB..no matter how good we think he might be is a weakness. Was he a weakness last week in New Orleans? People are getting a little carried away with this team. There is huge optimism..but to come out and say this team has no weakness is just wrong.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This team's WEAKNESS is 'O' Line Coaching. In other words.........BRIAN SCHOTTENHEIMER. His is the weakest link. I'm not convinced BSchott can Coach well enough for us to win a Super Bowl. Every week there's a number of head scratchers that make me wonder whether this cat has it or not. :eek:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    WEAKNESS - NO DEPTH

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;3300692]No weakness????? Are you kidding me? A rookie QB..no matter how good we think he might be is a weakness. Was he a weakness last week in New Orleans? People are getting a little carried away with this team. There is huge optimism..but to come out and say this team has no weakness is just wrong.[/QUOTE]

thats what i said....:yes:

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JETZONI;3300623]What you talking about??? we need a 3/4 NT? a Center?! a TE!! a Shutdown CB?!! depth in the secondary, some outside LB's that can rush... Im scratching this year and looking forward to draftday now!!![/QUOTE]

We do have a chance, but, Right on, Brother. Oh yeah, couple of OL's wouldn't hurt.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=el_dub80;3300695]This team's WEAKNESS is 'O' Line Coaching. In other words.........BRIAN SCHOTTENHEIMER. His is the weakest link. I'm not convinced BSchott can Coach well enough for us to win a Super Bowl. Every week there's a number of head scratchers that make me wonder whether this cat has it or not. :eek:[/QUOTE]

I thought Callahan coached the O-line :eek:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that depth is what we need, which is what we can start to estabish over the next few years. I'm not convinced we can do anything truly special with Sanchez at QB this season. 2010 and beyond we'll see, he's certainly played well, but he has his off games as we saw and we still need to see how he develops. Now I think with game experience, he becomes a Top 10 NFL QB, but that still remains to be seen.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Every team in the league has needs. Our biggest one is depth. Most of the positions on the field are razor thin for us. We may not have J-Co on Monday. That means Braylon and Brad Smith or Braylon and David Clowney. Teams also realize we have no run game right now which puts Sanchez in a tough position.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CraigFL;3300712]I thought Callahan coached the O-line :eek:[/QUOTE]

VERY underwhelmed by his OLine's performance thus far. he's definitely not getting the most out of their talents, which is easily top 5 in the nfl.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets are at least 2 years away.

[QUOTE]i will get killed for this i am sure but wtf.......if you look at the AFC, the teams that i think will make the playoffs are NE, Pitt, Balt, INDY, SD and the JETS.....of those six teams we would be rated dead last at the QB position.....the most important position on the field.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't mean we have a bad QB, it means the other teams have Brady, Ben, Flacco, Manning, and Rivers.
    Last edited by Chica me Tipo; 10-10-2009 at 10:24 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Megalomaniac;3300729]VERY underwhelmed by his OLine's performance thus far. he's definitely not getting the most out of their talents, which is easily top 5 in the nfl.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. I don't think our O-line is top 5 in talent. Brick is a one-dimensional LT - granted pass protection is the dimension most needed but he's not a run blocker. Faneca's old and his skills are deteriorating. Woody's slow in pass protection. Moore is a JAG who had an excellent year last season and now Jets fans think he's Larry Allen.

The only super-talented player on our OL is Mangold. I think our O-line is playing around the level they're going to play at the only difference between this year and last is team's don't respect our passing game so they put 8 men in the box.

Should change with Braylon added to the team.