Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This team has no weakness right now...

Banned
    [QUOTE=Jason423;3300726]Every team in the league has needs. Our biggest one is depth. Most of the positions on the field are razor thin for us. We may not have J-Co on Monday. That means Braylon and Brad Smith or Braylon and David Clowney. Teams also realize we have no run game right now which puts Sanchez in a tough position.[/QUOTE]

Our lack of depth on the lines is especially troubling.

I dread to see what happens if Jenkins gets sidelined with an injury for a significant period of time. Could cost us the season. Jenkins is the key to our defense.

[QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3300755]Our lack of depth on the lines is especially troubling.

I dread to see what happens if Jenkins gets sidelined with an injury for a significant period of time. Could cost us the season. Jenkins is the key to our defense.[/QUOTE]

Well duh. Of course the team is going to be in trouble if your starting NT goes down. Any team would be, not just the Jets.

I don't see our depth as all that bad? Probably the weakest now is WR and TE. Everywhere else seems good to me.

Banned
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;3300764]Well duh. Of course the team is going to be in trouble if your starting NT goes down. Any team would be, not just the Jets.

I don't see our depth as all that bad? Probably the weakest now is WR and TE. Everywhere else seems good to me.[/QUOTE]

We have no real contingency plan at Nose Tackle if Jenkins goes down.

WR - we finally have two legit starters. Depth is still a concern because Smith, Clowney and Henry all suck royally.

TE - people are still calling this an issue? Keller is going to break out especially now that Braylon is here and Hartsock has done a fine job as the backup/blocking tight end he even caught a td for us. TE depth is not an issue at all unless you were one of these people who wanted Pettigrew over Sanchize.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    [QUOTE=Chica me Tipo;3300748]The Jets are at least 2 years away.

That doesn't mean we have a bad QB, it means the other teams have Brady, Ben, Flacco, Manning, and Rivers.[/QUOTE]

But we do have a bad QB, or a QB playing badly..

Sanchez has played good.. for a rookie ..
    he's played great ... for a rookie with 16 college starts under his belt

but if you remove those clauses he hasn't played well at all by just about any measure you want to use. He needs to step up his game if we're going to make real noise this season. I think a legitmate threat on the outside should help...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;3300692]No weakness????? Are you kidding me? A rookie QB..no matter how good we think he might be is a weakness. Was he a weakness last week in New Orleans? People are getting a little carried away with this team. There is huge optimism..but to come out and say this team has no weakness is just wrong.[/QUOTE]

you're forgetting a pass rushing defensive lineman, offensive line that can run block with a modicum of consistency, never mind taking a deep breathe and waiting to see if Edwards fills the need at WR....

If big jenks went down we'd probley run a 4-3 again something like Ellis and Pace at DE and Devito and Pohua (sp) at NT or maybe switch Pace with Thomas and rotate Gholston in there at LB and DE . I think we would be o.k on the line. O-line depth is were i think we have no depth who would play LT or RT if Woody or D'brick couldn't play ? Hunter ? no thanks saw him almost get Sanchize killed last week

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    [QUOTE=Slikmojet;3300622]we are complete and very talented team from top to bottom now. The only area where we might be a little thin is at FB with only TRich:eek: and he's still one of the best ones in the game. You look from top to bottom and there's talent brimming there, our weakest position went from subpar to great with the Edwards trade, few teams can boast a duo like Cotch and Edwards, both are legitimate #1 receivers in this league.

Even our special teams unit is the best I can remember, our coverage units are playing lights out, Trusnik's loss is lessened by Fowler who's a great special teamer in his own right. There's solid young talent marinating and we head into next year's FA and draft with money enough to sign our own and maybe one another top tier FA and we're not even talking about the draft which should be gravy on top.

This is a championship team in the making here and I don't mean next year, I mean now, teams have to really strap em on to beat us now and it just became a lot harder now with Braylon on board.[/QUOTE]

CB is a definite weakness.... and as well as Sanchez looked in the first 2 weeks... he really hasn't looked like a non-problem in the last 2... I'd say he is a weakness right now.

Dont get me wrong... I think he may be the greatest pick the Jets made in a long time... and he has looked good at some points... but he still is a rookie, and he really does have a problem turning over the ball the last 2 games. Is he terrible.... not at all... is he a weakness... definitely.

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3300687]Why don't people realize our ol can't pass protect?[/QUOTE]

5 cannot block 9... Teams are stacking up the line against us and daring us to pass, until teams realize that they will get burned they won't stop, they will soon enough and the running game and everything else will work better, only a matter of time, you'll see.:cool:

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Here is a weakness.....the fair weather fan base.....

Weaknesses as I see them:

1. Schotty calling "Leon Plays" with the much slower Jones

1a. Sanchez being in 3rd and 9 wayyy too much because of #1

2. Alan Faneca - older, slower, will need to be replaced

3. Depth behind Jenkins - Who else would draw constant double teams?

4. Sanchez has CERTAINLY NOT gotten rid of his mistakes, and shouldn't be expected to for at least another year and a half.

5. Propensity for Holding Calls by Woody, Brick, Moore, etc.

6. Not enough use of Keller

Qualifiers:

-Sanchez was a great pick
    -Faneca is "above average" right now
    -Schotty is trying to be unpredictable with personnel vs. play call (hasn't worked well thus far)
    -Keller probably has had to block a bit more than I realize
    -No one wants these to be fixed more than I do, but I like being objective and pointing them out
    Last edited by GreenJoe; 10-10-2009 at 02:23 PM.

uh....let's not get ahead of our selves we have a rookie qb who as seen last week is gonna have games where he craps himself...Pace is back but even with him we don't have an elite pass rusher...and our o-line is good but not dominant,and so far this yr the running game has been poor

I like where we are headed but lets not get ahead of ourselves

I hate em but don't overlook the fish.A loud Monday crowd could be rough on the rook

[QUOTE=Slikmojet;3300622]we are complete and very talented team from top to bottom now. The only area where we might be a little thin is at FB with only TRich:eek: and he's still one of the best ones in the game. You look from top to bottom and there's talent brimming there, our weakest position went from subpar to great with the Edwards trade, few teams can boast a duo like Cotch and Edwards, both are legitimate #1 receivers in this league.

Even our special teams unit is the best I can remember, our coverage units are playing lights out, Trusnik's loss is lessened by Fowler who's a great special teamer in his own right. There's solid young talent marinating and we head into next year's FA and draft with money enough to sign our own and maybe one another top tier FA and we're not even talking about the draft which should be gravy on top.

This is a championship team in the making here and I don't mean next year, I mean now, teams have to really strap em on to beat us now and it just became a lot harder now with Braylon on board.[/QUOTE]

and why not.with all the first round players on the roster.makes for a winning combination.thanks to tanny.

We have as many, or as few, weaknesses as any team in the league. Probably fewer. This Faneca whining is getting older faster than he is. I swear this board operates like it's April all year round.