Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Stadium

New Stadium

I was in the new stadium today for the first time.

I walked around the entire stadium and my first thoughts are:

1. The suites are really small, no bathroom in each suite
    2. The scoreboards, video boards look awsome
    3. The best seats in the house are the lower section of the upper deck, or the club mezzanine seats (which noone can afford).
    4. I already have my seats and I am going to be disappointed moving to the upper deck...I can't afford 15K for PSL's and do not want to sit in the endzone...So after 35 years with seaon tix in my family. Next year will be my last unless we come into found money.
    5. The 2 main concourses look like they are going to be amazing.
    6. There are 5 levels to the stadium, 3 levels for seats,and the other two levels are Club seats.
    7. There are very few seats undercover, and the view from them are not that great

The gravel has been laid down for the turf to be laid down next.

The wind is going to be unreal as both endzones have openings for wind to make it's way through.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to give a full update.

Practice Squad
    Is the upper deck that much further away than the old stadium? Is it in the clouds?

All League
    i am not up on this topic so sorry if this is a dumb question.......is there no retractable roof on this billion $ project?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    The part you forgot that is that no one cares where they sit, if they are winning, that is the key ingredient to any stadium. We will see.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=DBAKE;3300684]i am not up on this topic so sorry if this is a dumb question.......is there no retractable roof on this billion $ project?[/QUOTE]

No, it would be hard to have the SB, anyway, with the season going longer....bad weather is always an issue. Everyone has to get there, even if it was in a greenhouse.

The stadium is huge and so the seats are pretty high up, now there was no field yet, but the feeling of going from lower level undercover seats to the upper deck has me upset.

Plus my father who will be 70 next season when the stadium opens just physically won't be able to make the walk seats in the upper deck. I have been going to games with him since 1978...:mad:

The other thing I didn't mention, to get all the seats in the stadium...The seats are 1" smaller than in the current stadium :eek:

Every other stadium makes the seats wider, Not the Jets and Giants...They made them smaller so they can have more Clubs that neither team can sell...

Veteran
    So...what I am taking from this is that they built a more expensive version of Giant's Stadium with worse sightlines??

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Boomer7;3300693]So...what I am taking from this is that they built a more expensive version of Giant's Stadium with worse sightlines??[/QUOTE]

They built it to make more money for Woody and the Mara family. It appears that it was not built for the comfort and enjoyment of their supporters. All for 1.6 billion.

Hall Of Fame
    I was at the new stadium last week...and the upper deck does seem like its a mile away from the field. Not only are you higher, but it is also farther away from the sidelines. I still don't know why they didn't put a retactable roof on this place.

We went and sat in our new seats for next season. We are in section 111 row 23. Its the closest we could get to mid-field without having to get those rip-off club seats.

Veteran
    I gave my tickets up...I am in section 334 rw 19 now. They were only offering me endzone seats that were way up there...

Any they were giving me an attitude when I asked if they could give me some options...it was like "here are the first seats that come out of the computer....give me your credit card so we can have a $500 deposit on them now"

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Boomer7;3300711]I gave my tickets up...I am in section 334 rw 19 now. They were only offering me endzone seats that were way up there...

Any they were giving me an attitude when I asked if they could give me some options...it was like "here are the first seats that come out of the computer....give me your credit card so we can have a $500 deposit on them now"[/QUOTE]

So is the whole upper deck filled between the goal lines now?

Yeah I heard the upper deck was way up there. That's why my father and his friend are moving their season tix to the mezzanine starting next season. We're in 323 right now, I don't remember the section in the new stadium. They're in the endzone I believe. I went to the Tenn game with him a few weeks ago and he pointed out to me through the opening in the stadium near the Verizon sign outside that they were in that viscinity.

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;3300707]I was at the new stadium last week...and the upper deck does seem like its a mile away from the field. Not only are you higher, but it is also farther away from the sidelines. I still don't know why they didn't put a retactable roof on this place.

We went and sat in our new seats for next season. We are in section 111 row 23. Its the closest we could get to mid-field without having to get those rip-off club seats.[/QUOTE]

How did you get in there? Can anyone request a tour at this point?

Veteran
    I was told that the only available non-PSL seats that were still available were in the upper rows of the endzones..

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=ericamyemma;3300721]How did you get in there? Can anyone request a tour at this point?[/QUOTE]

I went with my ticket account manager. There was several other people who were looking at seats as well. There were also people looking at the club seats with other reps.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;3300699]They built it to make more money for Woody and the Mara family. It appears that it was not built for the comfort and enjoyment of their supporters. All for 1.6 billion.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, thats what they did, there is a big difference between being a Billionaire an a billionaire +250million.....

Practice Squad

Seat Size?

Is this true about the seats being 1" norrower than in the old stadium?

I thought they told us that the seats were wider and there would be more leg room when we bought?

Can anyone confirm this?

Veteran
    only in the PSL sections....

Jets Insider VIP
    Thanks for the firsthand account, Bleed Green!

FYI to all who haven't seen the PSL thread -

There is a PSL/Tickets thread stickied at the top of the forum. [url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194370[/url]

It would be appreciated if anyone who has bought seats for next year could go mention their location in that thread. The Jets are currently calling 2009 seniority and have almost exhausted the STH list, waitlisters are next. We're trying to assess seat availability and discussing views on an almost daily basis.

Thanks.

[QUOTE=Boomer7;3300751]only in the PSL sections....[/QUOTE]

More leg room in the PSL sections...Not true...Wider seats in PSL sections only...Not true...