Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Stadium

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;3300689]No, it would be hard to have the SB, anyway, with the season going longer....bad weather is always an issue. Everyone has to get there, even if it was in a greenhouse.[/QUOTE]

I could care less about having a SB.in Jerzy. The beauty of the Super Bowl is getting out of the northeast and doing some damage in NOLA or San Diego. The reason I wanted a roof an any new stadium was so that when we are 3-14 someone might actually want to go to (or purchase) that final game on January 10.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster;3300830]I could care less about having a SB.in Jerzy. The beauty of the Super Bowl is getting out of the northeast and doing some damage in NOLA or San Diego. The reason I wanted a roof an any new stadium was so that when we are 3-14 someone might actually want to go to (or purchase) that final game on January 10.[/QUOTE]

thatd be sick going 3-14

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gholstons Revenge;3300833]thatd be sick going 3-14[/QUOTE]

If win a Super Bowl I wont mind, it is the run of crappy seasons that occurs after an early playoff exit that will kill (and have wounded) my soul.

PS I believe the 18 game season is inevitable.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster;3300830]I could care less about having a SB.in Jerzy. The beauty of the Super Bowl is getting out of the northeast and doing some damage in NOLA or San Diego. The reason I wanted a roof an any new stadium was so that when we are 3-14 someone might actually want to go to (or purchase) that final game on January 10.[/QUOTE]

A roof isn't gonna make it happen..but winning will.

Did you get your FURTHER TIX today? at Convention hall...going 12/10...no JERRY, but.......

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    if they made the seats smaller then they are truly first class a$$es. as it is when people have their winter gear on it is a tight fit. even leaving them the same size is unacceptable. there was no need for this stadium - let's see some results:

- they are pricing out tons of their hardcore fans through psl's and insanely higher ticket prices

- many people who have been going for decades will stop going to games

- the gameday experience will change for the worse and the stadium will have less energy and more opposing fans

- prices on everything across the board will go up and food and drinks will not be allowed into the new stadium

- you will not have better amenities like wider seats and added leg room

- sightlines may be farther away?

what else?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's no excuse for this not being the best place in America to watch an NFL game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BlackBear83;3301058]There's no excuse for this not being the best place in America to watch an NFL game.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.............

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bleed Green;3300633]I was in the new stadium today for the first time.

I walked around the entire stadium and my first thoughts are:

1. The suites are really small, no bathroom in each suite
    2. The scoreboards, video boards look awsome
    3. The best seats in the house are the lower section of the upper deck, or the club mezzanine seats (which noone can afford).
    4. I already have my seats and I am going to be disappointed moving to the upper deck...I can't afford 15K for PSL's and do not want to sit in the endzone...So after 35 years with seaon tix in my family. Next year will be my last unless we come into found money.
    5. The 2 main concourses look like they are going to be amazing.
    6. There are 5 levels to the stadium, 3 levels for seats,and the other two levels are Club seats.
    7. There are very few seats undercover, and the view from them are not that great

The gravel has been laid down for the turf to be laid down next.

The wind is going to be unreal as both endzones have openings for wind to make it's way through.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to give a full update.[/QUOTE]

The suites in the current stadiium don't have bathrooms either. I thought the PSL seats where supposed to be bigger?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=djaparz;3301093]The suites in the current stadiium don't have bathrooms either. I thought the PSL seats where supposed to be bigger?[/QUOTE]

they are...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BlackBear83;3301058]There's no excuse for this not being the best place in America to watch an NFL game.[/QUOTE]

Why? They "only" spent 1.6 billion on it so far! For half the costs they could have refurbished UGH - GIAINTS STADIUM and make it the Taj Mahal of NFL stadiums! But they wanted more club seats and suites to make even more money for themselves. The heck with the loyal fans that supported them for years at Shea and then UGH- GIAINTS STADIUM. They asked Jets fans for years to swallow their pride and support them while they make money in the home of a rival team. Now they compound the screwing!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;3301016]A roof isn't gonna make it happen..but winning will.

Did you get your FURTHER TIX today? at Convention hall...going 12/10...no JERRY, but.......[/QUOTE]

go tix for both nights in nyc and saturday in Jerzy

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;3301097]Why? They "only" spent 1.6 billion on it so far! For half the costs they could have refurbished UGH - GIAINTS STADIUM and make it the Taj Mahal of NFL stadiums! But they wanted more club seats and suites to make even more money for themselves. The heck with the loyal fans that supported them for years at Shea and then UGH- GIAINTS STADIUM. They asked Jets fans for years to swallow their pride and support them while they make money in the home of a rival team. Now they compound the screwing![/QUOTE]

I think the main reason for the new stadium is the State of NJ is out of the equation. I believe the Jets/Giants get a much larger (if not all of) the ticket and parking money.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let me guess, more people are going to complain on how they DESERVE certain seats in the new stadium, right?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

It's called my couch in front of my bigscreen.

I hope some people from the Jets are reading this thread so they can read:

**** YOU

I don't hear anything about this stadium that makes it much better than the old one for the average fan. It certainly doesn't come close to justifying the extra cost. Maybe if this was in Manhattan, I mean that would have truly been amazing, but this hunk of aluminum siding in the New Jersey swamps is an unmistakable tragedy. Shame on them. No hyperbole, shame on them.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=David Harris;3301222]It's called my couch in front of my bigscreen.

**** YOU

I don't hear anything about this stadium that makes it much better than the old one for the average fan. It certainly doesn't come close to justifying the extra cost. Maybe if this was in Manhattan, I mean that would have truly been amazing, but this hunk of aluminum siding in the New Jersey swamps is an unmistakable tragedy. Shame on them. No hyperbole, shame on them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, unless your down in the soup, its like being at home for the most part. It would have never worked in the city, I don't think.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=David Harris;3301222]It's called my couch in front of my bigscreen.

**** YOU

I don't hear anything about this stadium that makes it much better than the old one for the average fan. It certainly doesn't come close to justifying the extra cost. Maybe if this was in Manhattan, I mean that would have truly been amazing, but this hunk of aluminum siding in the New Jersey swamps is an unmistakable tragedy. Shame on them. No hyperbole, shame on them.[/QUOTE]

If they could make more money off the average fan than corporations/higher income people, they would market towards them. This is a business after all. If NFL tickets weren't in demand, owners wouldn't be able to get away with it. It is what it is.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The person I'm most mad at is Sheldon Silver. He pretty much single-handedly blocked the West Side stadium which:

-Would have been the NYJ's exclusively

-Would have been a nicer stadium, with a retractable roof

-Would have allowed for Final Fours and possibly a SB

Only con I ever gave credence to was the lack of anywhere to tailgate. No great shakes to me, but some people cared.

Hey Shelly, what happened with the land anyway, all that "affordable housing"? Oh, fiscal crisis? How sad. The stadium would have been built regardless of the economy, providing jobs and tax revenues. How does this corrupt buffoon continually get elected?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound;3301234]If they could make more money off the average fan than corporations/higher income people, they would market towards them. This is a business after all. If NFL tickets weren't in demand, owners wouldn't be able to get away with it. It is what it is.[/QUOTE]

yeah - such a "demand" that there are blackouts in other areas and you can buy gameday tickets on ticketmaster for a team that has been sold out for 25 years. such "demand" that both NY franchises burnt through waiting lists that were supposed to take decades. such "demand" that the club seats will be bare like behind home plate.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=oh well okay;3301296]yeah - such a "demand" that there are blackouts in other areas and you can buy gameday tickets on ticketmaster for a team that has been sold out for 25 years. such "demand" that both NY franchises burnt through waiting lists that were supposed to take decades. such "demand" that the club seats will be bare like behind home plate.[/QUOTE]

Then tickets will come down. Or they won't and the team will be shooting themselves in the foot. Either way, it will work itself out.

Blackouts in other areas really isn't relavant though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;3301249]The person I'm most mad at is Sheldon Silver. He pretty much single-handedly blocked the West Side stadium which:

-Would have been the NYJ's exclusively

-Would have been a nicer stadium, with a retractable roof

-Would have allowed for Final Fours and possibly a SB

Only con I ever gave credence to was the lack of anywhere to tailgate. No great shakes to me, but some people cared.

Hey Shelly, what happened with the land anyway, all that "affordable housing"? Oh, fiscal crisis? How sad. The stadium would have been built regardless of the economy, providing jobs and tax revenues. How does this corrupt buffoon continually get elected?[/QUOTE]

Let's not forget possible higher PSLs
    No Parking

i have always said this " i could careless where the Jets play, as long as its filled iwth Jets fans.