Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If Jerricho Can't Go Monday Night Clowney Must start With Edwards

[QUOTE=jetfan29;3300739][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]Put the Clown in already.[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Yup, then WE will see if he sucks or not :yes:

[QUOTE=Jordy;3300802]Everyone who says "Clowney Sucks" please explain why the Jets then would waste an active roster spot on him. Every body, every spot on that 45 man roster is crucial. No team is going to waste one just for the sake of filling it up. The answer lies somewhere with Shottemheimer. I'm more inclined to say "Shottenheimer Sucks."[/QUOTE]

I don't think he sucks - he has a place whenever that is. They need depth though. 5 WRs is not a lot. Another point also. They are carrying 4 QBs. Is THAT really nccessary.
    As far as Schott - his game plans and playcalling stink. The Jets are what- #12 or #13 offence in the AFC?

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;3300701]one is on the PS. They other is on the active roster. Your point is?[/QUOTE]

Both preseason all pros!

There's a reason the CS plays Smith over Clowney. They see Clowney and Smith everyday in practice...

Plain and simple. We only see Clowney beat CBs no longer on a NFL roster.

All League
    If JCo really cant play on Monday night, I think you have to start Smith. After that, maybe work Clowney or Wright in in certain situtions. Hopefully, we won't have to worry about it and Cotchery can play

kyle clifton 59

Shottenheimer is so overrated it's sickening.
    could not agree more:toast:

All Pro
    Wheres the indignation for Wallace wright, he's shown just as much as clowney.

[QUOTE=palmetto defender;3300860]I don't think he sucks - he has a place whenever that is. They need depth though. 5 WRs is not a lot. Another point also. They are carrying 4 QBs. Is THAT really nccessary.
    As far as Schott - his game plans and playcalling stink. [B]The Jets are what- #12 or #13 offence in the AFC?[/B][/QUOTE]

D'you really expect better?

The most I expect from this offense is middle of the pack or maybe slightly above. It's part of having a rookie QB...

The D is what will be carrying this team.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;3300860][B]I don't think he sucks[/B] - he has a place whenever that is. They need depth though. 5 WRs is not a lot. Another point also. They are carrying 4 QBs. Is THAT really nccessary.
    [B]As far as Schott - his game plans and playcalling stink[/B]. The Jets are what- #12 or #13 offence in the AFC?[/QUOTE]

LOL. Semantics.

Hall Of Fame
    I didn't get an answer in the other Clowney thread, so I may as well ask again:

Which is more likely: a) David Clowney is a marginal NFL player; or b) he's actually a secret Pro Bowler, but only a small cadre of interwebz supergeniuses know about it?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=dbatesman;3301420]I didn't get an answer in the other Clowney thread, so I may as well ask again:

Which is more likely: a) David Clowney is a marginal NFL player; or b) he's actually a secret Pro Bowler, but only a small cadre of interwebz supergeniuses know about it?[/QUOTE]

I didn't answer it because I don't think he's more likely either one. I don't think "marginal NFL players" belong on the 45 man active roster. They belong on the PS at best.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jordy;3301442]I didn't answer it because I don't think he's more likely either one. I don't think "marginal NFL players" belong on the 45 man active roster. They belong on the PS at best.[/QUOTE]

I forgot c) our coaches don't know what they're doing.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=dbatesman;3301456]I forgot c) our coaches don't know what they're doing.[/QUOTE]
    Make light of it all you want but either the guy should play and contribute, being that he's on the active 45 man roster, or he should be waived and put on the PS, if he still has eligibility (if not, then let another team deal with the uncertainty).

[QUOTE=el_dub80;3300696]How the hell are we going to know for sure if we don't give him a shot in the regular season? :eek:[/QUOTE]
    I agree I want to see him play in the regular season. Before I say he is no good.

[QUOTE=Chica me Tipo;3301348]D'you really expect better?

The most I expect from this offense is middle of the pack or maybe slightly above. It's part of having a rookie QB...

The D is what will be carrying this team.[/QUOTE]

I said they are 12th or 13th best offense in the AFC not the NFL. Overall the Jets are about #26 in the league. That's bottom of the pack
    The Jets have a good line (supposedly), good backs, a couple good TEs and at least one good WR, two as soon as Edwards is up to speed. The QB can be a good game manager. The game plans and calls are terrible. They are predictable and are obviously so conservative (to protect Sanchez) that defenses can load up on him. It does not take long for defensive coords to use computers to figure out tendencies. Last week anyone?

if he is not good why keep him on the roster? either play him or cut him no?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sect313;3301721]if he is not good why keep him on the roster? either play him or cut him no?[/QUOTE]

Someone else who gets it. :yes:

I guess it's only us "elite" "retards" who do.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Jordy;3300838]Our genius coaching staff had NO answers for our putrid passing attack last Sunday. No halftime adjustments whatsover. At least none that were apparent and none that worked, obviously. Shottenheimer is so overrated it's sickening.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;3300694]I have to agree with you on that. There is a reason Clowney doesn't see the field...he simply is not that good. There is no conspiracy by Shotty to keep him on the bench...Clowney is a one trick pony.[/QUOTE]

All of you clowney haters should just put up or shut up. No animosity, no dramatics, just give three good examples of him in a regular season game not pulling his weight. Here are his stats from NFL.COM, if they've missed something, let me know:

◊ Active for two games in 2008, vs. BUF, 12/14 and at SEA, 12/21, logging one reception for 26 yards and one special teams tackle.

◊ Recorded his first NFL reception in his first NFL game, vs. BUF, 12/14, a 26-yard, one-handed catch from Brett Favre.

◊ Led Jets in 2008 preseason with 222 yards on eight receptions before injuring his shoulder vs. WAS, 8/16/08... Caught touchdowns of 71 yards and 70 yards from Brett Ratliff in preseason opener at CLE, 8/7/08.

Plain and simple - Shotty hates this kid and he's going to waste away on the bench. And all of you Schotty fans who hate clowney too, enjoy the kool aid.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=DaveInNNJ;3301733]All of you clowney haters should just put up or shut up. No animosity, no dramatics, just give three good examples of him in a regular season game not pulling his weight. Here are his stats from NFL.COM, if they've missed something, let me know:

◊ Active for two games in 2008, vs. BUF, 12/14 and at SEA, 12/21, logging one reception for 26 yards and one special teams tackle.

◊ Recorded his first NFL reception in his first NFL game, vs. BUF, 12/14, a 26-yard, one-handed catch from Brett Favre.

◊ Led Jets in 2008 preseason with 222 yards on eight receptions before injuring his shoulder vs. WAS, 8/16/08... Caught touchdowns of 71 yards and 70 yards from Brett Ratliff in preseason opener at CLE, 8/7/08.

Plain and simple - Shotty hates this kid and he's going to waste away on the bench. And all of you Schotty fans who hate clowney too, enjoy the kool aid.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully the departure of Stuckey will eventually result in Clowney's "coming out" party. :yes: