Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teams smell blood in the water with Sanchez

Veteran

Teams smell blood in the water with Sanchez

After what the Saints did to Sanchez you have got to think every team from here on out is going to come at him with everything they have to force him into making more rookie mistakes.

I think we are going to see plenty of all out blitzes designed to rattle him and force a mistake. One thing with Sanchez is he doesnt like to take a sack or throw it away, he is such a competitor that he tries to make a play on every play.

I expect the shotty to see this and run a lot of delayed draws and bubble screens, maybe a home run down the field. Sanchez will probably not have a lot of time in the pocket to scan the field. He is our weakness right now and teams will try to exploit it. Hopefully he has the patience to throw it away and take a sack when the time calls for it. This is what will make him a great QB.

Hence acquiring Braylon Edwards.

Banned
    Getting Braylon changes the picture. Teams can't disrespect our pass anymore and stack 8-10 in the box anymore against our running game. I'd like to see team play the same D New Orleans did against Edwards, Cotch and Keller.

[QUOTE=bcess;3300778]After what the Saints did to Sanchez you have got to think every team from here on out is going to come at him with everything they have to force him into making more rookie mistakes.

I think we are going to see plenty of all out blitzes designed to rattle him and force a mistake. One thing with Sanchez is he doesnt like to take a sack or throw it away, he is such a competitor that he tries to make a play on every play.

[B]I expect the shotty to see this and run a lot of delayed draws and bubble screens, maybe a home run down the field.[/B] Sanchez will probably not have a lot of time in the pocket to scan the field. He is our weakness right now and teams will try to exploit it. Hopefully he has the patience to throw it away and take a sack when the time calls for it. This is what will make him a great QB.[/QUOTE]

We all expected to see this already from Schittenheiser. What's he waiting for?

All League
    Schotty better have screens and go routes for Braylon prepared, thats the only way to force teams off the blitz...

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3300784]We all expected to see this already from Schittenheiser. What's he waiting for?[/QUOTE]

I agree, Leon was built to run screens.

[QUOTE=bcess;3300786]I agree, Leon was built to run screens.[/QUOTE]

One block and he's gone for 60 yards. It's been talked about ad nauseam, but I really feel like we are not using our major weapons well. Let's hope our OC wakes up.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    I imagine a deep ball to Braylon will be thrown early in Mondays game to try and back people off a bit..

[QUOTE=CTM;3300792]I imagine a deep ball to Braylon will be thrown early in Mondays game to try and back people off a bit..[/QUOTE]

You would think. But you're a logical, (fairly*) intelligent person. If his past is any indication, look for Marty's son to employ lots of short passes and runs into an eight man defensive box. Please, God, make me wrong about this? Not about CTM's intelligence quotient*, but our OC's penchant for game planning like a dunce. Please!!

*Added for necessary comedic relief.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=CTM;3300792]I imagine a deep ball to Braylon will be thrown early in Mondays game to try and back people off a bit..[/QUOTE]

Hope so, and it should be on a 1st down situation, not a 3rd and long. Schottenheimer's predictable R-R-P playcalling isn't doing Sanchez (or the running game) any favors. Too often we run on 1st for 2 yards, run on 2nd for another 2 or 3, and then we're forced into a passing play, which the defense is prepared for.

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3300803]Hope so, and it should be on a 1st down situation, not a 3rd and long. Schottenheimer's predictable R-R-P playcalling isn't doing Sanchez (or the running game) any favors. Too often we run on 1st for 2 yards, run on 2nd for another 2 or 3, and then we're forced into a passing play, which the defense is prepared for.[/QUOTE]

Should go 2 or 3 times our first and second possessions. That will back em off and Braylon absolutely has some ups to grab a long ball.

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3300797]You would think. But you're a logical, (fairly*) intelligent person. If his past is any indication, [B]**look for Marty's son to employ lots of short passes and runs[/B] into an eight man defensive box. Please, God, make me wrong about this? Not about CTM's intelligence quotient*, but our OC's penchant for game planning like a dunce. Please!!

*Added for necessary comedic relief.[/QUOTE]

**translation, those ****ing +1/-2 yd. draw plays up the middle with TJ leading to yet another 3 and out :steamin::eek:

My girlfriend can predict our playcalling that's how sad it is and she just started watching football last year run on first for 2 yards run on second down for no gain throw on third and 8 maybe we should try and throw on first or second down for a change

[QUOTE=el_dub80;3300865]**translation, those ****ing +1/-2 yd. draw plays up the middle with TJ leading to yet another 3 and out :steamin::eek:[/QUOTE]

Perfect illustration, el dub. I hope we're wrong. Really, really wrong about this. Open it up, Marty's son. Don't play it tight like Dad did in all those playoff game disasters.

Hall Of Fame
    every single defensive coordinator of every team knows that pressure will destroy a QB...the question is can you bring it? Do you have the personel not only to blitz; but to blitz effectively? Some teams can, not all.

not for nothing but the way they're playing sanchez is the same way they would be playing chad had he stayed and been qb. neither qb can pass the ball if the defense isn't being held off. maybe the defenses respected chad's ability to find the open guy more.

How many of those other teams are the Saint's ?

Screens & Draws to Leon!
    Problem solved!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Shocking, teams will NOW start trying to go after our rookie QB, as if this is some new tactic. It's not that the Saints did something different, it's that they did it well.

And do people watch the games, or do they just throw out cliches? The jets have not been an exclusive rum on first down team.

Truthfully, pressure didn't have a whole lot to do with any of the turnovers..... the Sharper TD was a result of him losing track of the Safety on the play (And not doing enough to look the Safety off). He wasn't rushing a throw because he was under pressure.

The fumble he held onto the ball for far too long on. Nobody to blame there but Sanchez (And maybe the WR core for not getting open).

And the last couple INTs are what happen when you put a Rookie QB in a 3rd and 21 situation and a Down 2 touchdowns with less then 2 minutes left situation. He tried to force some throws because we had to move the ball downfield and do so quickly.

I'm sure teams will try and pressure Sanchez, because when don't teams try and pressure a Rookie QB? (Hint: It's the same strategy every team we've played so far has done, the Saints executed better), but hopefully having Braylon on the outside will give Sanchez another WR who can make them pay for such an action.