Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leon Washington..An Alarming Trend

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Leon Washington..An Alarming Trend

Yea..I know game situations change...
    Yea..I know its only been 4 games...

But why are the touches of the Jets only true TD weapon going DOWN on a week-to-week basis ??

TEXANS....... 15 Rushes... 4 Receptions...19 Touches
    PATRIOTS*... 14 Rushes.. 2 receptions....16 Touches
    TITANS........ 12 Rushes...1 Reception.....13 Touches
    SAINTS........ 4 Rushes... 4 Receptions..,,. 8 Touches

Schotty tries to get too cute too often.

Take the pressure off Sanchez by getting the ball in Leon's hands.

That is all.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because the offense is going 3 and out way too often. And just not getting enough possessions throughout the game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're going 3 and out because of the ****ing draw plays to TJ for +1/-2 yds :steamin:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;3300829]Yea..I know game situations change...

But why are the touches of the Jets only true TD weapon going DOWN on a week-to-week basis ??

That is all.[/QUOTE]

All these technical stats for something the average fan could see by simply watching a few games.:D

The call of the wild in addition to your point that I hear is why do we continue feeding Thomas Jones for 2 yd runs AND where is Shonne Greene?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This Tomas Jones thing is starting to feel like when Herm ran an injured Curtis into the ground when Lamont Jordan was getting 9 per carry with 2 carries a game.

I understand TJ is the offensive leader but he's washed up. Greene is the future and Leon's the present.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=David Harris;3300874]This Tomas Jones thing is starting to feel like when Herm ran an injured Curtis into the ground when Lamont Jordan was getting 9 per carry with 2 carries a game.

I understand TJ is the offensive leader but he's washed up. Greene is the future and Leon's the present.[/QUOTE]

Si, senor

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=el_dub80;3300851]We're going 3 and out because of the ****ing draw plays to TJ for +1/-2 yds :steamin:[/QUOTE]

actually, there are not many draws called. The problem has been running Jones, and earlier in the season Washington, right up the gut into the middle of a defense that is stacking the line. An occasional draw might be a good idea, if well timed.

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=el_dub80;3300851]We're going 3 and out because of the ****ing draw plays to TJ for +1/-2 yds :steamin:[/QUOTE]

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;3300829]Yea..I know game situations change...

[/QUOTE]

.BECAUSE.... ITS A
    [B][SIZE="5"]
    CONTRACT YEAR[/SIZE][/B]
    That is all.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thomas Jones is garbage, I can't believe he was *****ing about his contract. Actually I can, he wanted to get the money while he can because even he knows he's done.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate how they call an outside stretch play with TJ and an up the middle play with Leon.

Why? Because its unpredictable?

Those NEVER work, with the exception that if Leon finds a hole up the middle he can sometimes break it for 5, rarely for 10 +.

[SIZE="4"][B]The #1 Flaw in Schotty's playcalling is that he CALLS "LEON PLAYS" WITH THOMAS JONES.

Those NEVER WORK.[/B][/SIZE]

And, they are only the fault of Schotty himself. Jones should not be expected to have Leon's speed.

Although, Jones should be expected to have more tackle-breaking ability than he does. He's either top-heavy or slow but he seems to get wrapped up and go down pretty easily.

Faneca isn't doing him any favors either. Dude seems slower and porous.

Leon needs more touches where he runs "his plays". Shonn needs more touches where he runs plays suited to him. Jones can be the battering ram in the 4th quarter. I'd be fine with that arrangement.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The lack of touches for Leon shouldn't surprise anybody. We have the worst offensive coordinator in the NFL. Dustin Keller can't be covered. Do you see him getting touches? Given Schotty's propensity to misuse our weapons, what was the point in trading for another one (Braylon Edwards)?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets have been saying all week that they need to get Leon more involved (If you've been paying attention), you're not saying anything they don't already know.....and for the record, receptions and kickoff returns tend to fluctuate wildly because receptions have to do with how well they're covering Leon out of the backfield, and # of kickoff returns are completely out of Leon's control. He had one down week in terms of carries last week, every other week he's had 12-15. This week should be no different.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3301005]The Jets have been saying all week that they need to get Leon more involved (If you've been paying attention), you're not saying anything they don't already know.....and for the record, receptions and kickoff returns tend to fluctuate wildly because receptions have to do with how well they're covering Leon out of the backfield, and # of kickoff returns are completely out of Leon's control. [/QUOTE]

I never said one thing about kickoff returns....
    and I acknowledged in the very first line of my post that game situations change.

You should have noticed that (If you've been paying attention).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;3301014]I never said one thing about kickoff returns....
    and I acknowledged in the very first line of my post that game situations change.

You should have noticed that (If you've been paying attention).[/QUOTE]

You're complaining about Touches....Kick Returns are a part of touches.....what's hard to understand about that?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3301018]You're complaining about Touches....Kick Returns are a part of touches.....what's hard to understand about that?[/QUOTE]

I specifically did not mention Kick Return touches because its painfully obvious that you can't game plan against a strong-legged kicker whose kickoffs are so deep they creates touchbacks.

At least it's painfully obvious to most of us.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    As mentioned above, there's no wealth to spread because we're not getting enough offensive snaps. Everybody's numbers are low.

With our static O-line, it wouldn't surprise me if Woodhead was our leading rusher right about now...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    leon can't touch the ball if they don't call his number. some of the plays against the aints were just stupid and predictable. they should have been able to convert the 3-1, and 3-2's at will or at least try something other than up the gut against a stacked dline. sch@tty has been doing this kind of stuff ever since he became ocoordinator. i think edwards is a good pickup but not if they can't execute play action or give sanchez enough time to throw. i shouldn't take much to right this offense because they have got good players at all positions.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    8-9 in the box defenses. That shouldn't happen with Cotchery, Edwards and Keller as receivers. Braylon is a legit #1 wideout. A big dangerous receiver anywhere on the field. Especially in the redzone.

So there's no excuses for the OL, TJ or Schotty. The running game should now perform at a higher level. Both Leon and Shonn Greene can be lethal with holes to run thru. And with only 7 in the box, holes should be there.

My only concern right now is whether Cotchery's hamstring is going to keep him out of the MNF Phins game. He hasn't practiced at all. If Cotch doesn't play...then it's here we go again. Edwards, Keller, with either B'Smith or Clowney. And Edwards needs a few games before he really can get some chemistry going with Sanchez and the other receivers in this offense.

Cotch is a warrior and he'll play if he can...and hopeful he will.

I'm real anxious to see what the offense can do. Now that we have three quality receivers for a defense to worry about. And on how much of a positive impact it will have on the running game. Especially for Leon and Greene.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3300919]actually, there are not many draws called. The problem has been running Jones, and earlier in the season Washington, right up the gut into the middle of a defense that is stacking the line. An occasional draw might be a good idea, if well timed.[/QUOTE]

Lets all take a hit off the Edwards pipe and ask anyone in the Jet's organization. Thomas Jones is not the problem. Lack of Braylon Edwards is. I've heard that at least 5 times since Wed.