Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't say "Super Bowl" on this board till week 19 - OK?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't say "Super Bowl" on this board till week 19 - OK?

:steamin:

Jesus, makes you wonder if these Jets fans have any understanding at all of the Jets.

We haven't been to a Super Bowl in FORTY years.

Our starters are not all in their prime, injury proof, or smart - so just shut up about "all we need is depth". That's something we will NEVER "just" need.

If a Jet appears on the cover of Sports Illustrated OR SI makes a prediction about the Jets accomplishing "great things" - you can BET DA HOUSE it isn't going to happen! (see NY Mets 2009, NY Jets 1972, NY Jets 1982, NY Jets 1983, NY Jets 1999, etc. etc.)

With all this said...

I think we can finally crack the jinx with Rex and #6. But, PLEASE don't tempt the "Football Gods" - ok? :mad:

Jets 24
    Fish 20

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets usually have a BYE at Week 19..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Schroy48;3300950]:steamin:

Jesus, makes you wonder if these Jets fans have any understanding at all of the Jets.

Our starters are not all in their prime, injury proof, or smart - so just shut up about "all we need is depth". That's something we will NEVER "just" need.

If a Jet appears on the cover of Sports Illustrated OR SI makes a prediction about the Jets accomplishing "great things" - you can BET DA HOUSE it isn't going to happen! (see NY Mets 2009, NY Jets 1972, NY Jets 1982, NY Jets 1983, NY Jets 1999, etc. etc.)

With all this said...

I think we can finally crack the jinx with Rex and #6. But, PLEASE don't tept the "Football Gods" - ok? :mad:

Jets 24
    Fish 20[/QUOTE]

i am 19 years old so i could say it all i want.. SUPERBOWL SUPERBOWL SUPERBOWL. i am a yankees fan so i get the experience of watching them win world series, and adding number 27 this year. to make it even better, i am going to get to see the jets win their 2nd and 3rd superbowl this year and next.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh yeah. SUPERBOWL SUPERBOWL SUPERBOWL

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

With all this said...

I think we can finally crack the jinx with Rex and #6. But, PLEASE don't tept the "Football Gods" - ok? :mad:

Jets 24
    Fish 20[/QUOTE]

I heard the "Football Gods" only go the TheGangGreen.com so we don't have anything to worry about.

Super Bowl!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

With all this said...

I think we can finally crack the jinx with Rex and #6. But, PLEASE don't tempt the "Football Gods" - ok? :mad:

Jets 24
    Fish 20[/QUOTE]

ok

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

With all this said...

Jets 24
    Fish 20[/QUOTE]

Don't you get it? Being afraid of talking about the SB is JUST as detrimental as talking about it.

Of course what's said on an internet message board has no impact on reality anyway, but from the Jets point of view, someone worded it well the other day (don't remember who). . .

"The Jets don't have to talk about the SB to display any swagger or "toughness". . . they need to talk about it to exorcise the demons that have kept them from getting there the past 40 years . . ." (or something like that)

I agree. When you start hearing Super Bowl GUARANTEES, then you have a problem on your hands. But thinking of yourself as being just as good as anyone out there . . . I think this team needs that, and is good enough to back up the statement:yes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gholstons Revenge;3300952]i am 19 years old... i am a yankees fan [/QUOTE]

Oh Jeez, I forgot to be a Yankees fan is to think that you're going to win the championship every year :eek:

A 'lil news... The average # of championships for professional sports teams that have been around for 45 years is: TWO.

Being a 'lil kid following the Yankees in '96 will do that to ya.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

[/QUOTE]

You'd have alot more credibility (I can't believe I just said that :rolleyes:) if you didn't have a picture of Joe Willy in your avatar.

Oh Yeah....

SUPER BOWL
    SUPER BOWL
    SUPER BOWL

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't mind fans hoping and speculating...after all, thats what fans do.

The thing I hate MOST is Steve Serbys lame, same old article he writes EVERY YEAR the Jets are off to a decent start. The same old column with the same OLD headline he dusts off every couple of years when the Jets look decent:

[B][I]"These Jets could be SUPER!"[/I][/B]

Ugh. Every time he changes the dates and a couple of key names and sends it to the editor its like the Kiss of Death. I HATE Serby, and I hate that lame, bandwagon column he'll write sometime around week 11 if the Jets are, say, 8-3.

Just say NO, Steve.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;3300966]You'd have alot more credibility (I can't believe I just said that :rolleyes:) if you didn't have a picture of Joe Willy in your avatar.
    [/QUOTE]

I Met Joe Willy at Day Camp when I was barely 6 and he had the Fu-Manchu on at the time ;) It has alot of meaning for me. Reminds me of how we won the SB when we were against the NFL establishment.

Why in the world would you have Tom Selleck as your avatar? I would really like to know (any answer other than "I'm from Hawaii" is not acceptable)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3300967]I don't mind fans hoping and speculating...after all, thats what fans do.

The thing I hate MOST is Steve Serbys lame, same old article he writes EVERY YEAR the Jets are off to a decent start. The same old column with the same OLD headline he dusts off every couple of years when the Jets look decent:

[B][I]"These Jets could be SUPER!"[/I][/B]

Ugh. Every time he changes the dates and a couple of key names and sends it to the editor its like the Kiss of Death. I HATE Serby, and I hate that lame, bandwagon column he'll write sometime around week 11 if the Jets are, say, 8-3.

Just say NO, Steve.[/QUOTE]

How great was it when Richard Todd shoved him in that locker?!? :yes: Can't believe that was 30 years ago :eek:

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Schroy48;3300976]I Met Joe Willy at Day Camp when I was barely 6 and he had the Fu-Manchu on at the time ;) It has alot of meaning for me. Reminds me of how we won the SB when we were against the NFL establishment.

Why in the world would you have Tom Selleck as your avatar? I would really like to know (any answer other than "I'm from Hawaii" is not acceptable)[/QUOTE]

Or I'm related, or gay or both.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Schroy48;3300976]Why in the world would you have Tom Selleck as your avatar? I would really like to know (any answer other than "I'm from Hawaii" is not acceptable)[/QUOTE]

I'm from Hawaii.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jetman73, why are you starting all these asinine threads?

Do you really think ANYTHING said on an internet message board has anything to do with what happens on the field?

Maybe we, as fans, shouldn't overlook the Dolphins this week? Hmmm?

Please stop.

SUPERBOWL!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being a ***** who's afraid to say "Super Bowl" is the kind of negative nonsense that has plauged this franchise and made our fans look like losers.

Who gives a crap if we haven't been in 40 years?

This isn't your dad's Jets team. I'll say it all I want.

This team has a Super Bowl caliber defense, and has a shot to make it there.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't believe in fate and I'm sure Rex feels the same way. You make your own path and if this is the goal that Rex wants then so be it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;3300979]I'm gay[/QUOTE]

If this is the first thing that comes to your mind kid - more power to ya.

Your response doesn't even make any sense. Do some HW and stay in school (unless you go to one of those specialized "all one gender" schools in Manhattan - yes? :yes:)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

With all this said...

Jets 24
    Fish 20[/QUOTE]

Great attitude for a "fan". We WILL win the Super Bowl.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3300989]Jetman73[/QUOTE]

Will you stop trying to suck J73's *lck already Stokes!?!

If I remember, the guy called you out for a beatin and you passed. Let it go. If you keep trying to suck the guys *lck, then, he'll keep lookin to beat that a$$ of urs (then again, nevermind, you'd probably enjoy it)

[SIZE="7"][B]JETMAN73[/B][/SIZE] (I think Stokes just gushed!)